Clear all

Minneapolis still burns - RIP George Floyd

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I live in Mpls where the riots are going on after the murder of George Floyd by the police. I’ve been watching citizen reports that include a live stream going on as I write this. It’s not good but it’s no LA. I sent that live stream link to my sister. She said, my god the people look like they’re at the State Fair except there’s a building burning in the background. Earlier today I was telling her how the controllers will send in plants to provoke violence. Then tonight I found this video taken on the first day of the protests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCb17RjUTQ

It shows a guy dressed in black with an open black umbrella walking next to a building systematically breaking out windows and then turns and walks away from the protest area. Please download and save this video as I’m not equipped to do so. Someone in the comments says it’s been taken down before. Edit: I’ve since found it uploaded to Live Leaks

‘Local news is making it look like a war zone but what I’ve seen isn’t as bad as depicted. They say the police and fire have retreated. I believe what I was seeing on the live stream was the 3rd precinct police station burning unchecked. But IMO from the looks of the protesters (they’re not a bunch of gangsters) I think most would have backed down in the face of a show of police force. The past 2 nights the police had responded by blocking off access to the precinct station. They responded to ppl throwing rocks with firing back with rubber bullets or something akin to paintball pellets and very small canisters of tear gas. The 2nd night those canisters were much bigger. But they never broke ranks, beat people or made arrests that I know of. I saw that an Australia news channel reported a stabbing, but I’ve not heard that.

5/29 Edit: That State Fair atmosphere sure didn’t last long. But from the bits and pieces I continue watching from live on the street streams, the majority are still being pretty darned civil to each other. There’s been several times where I’ve seen some stop vandals. There’s even group cooperation amongst strangers. Like the guy in a parking struggling to break into the ATM & others jumped right in to help! They were backlit by the Wells Fargo bank burning from the inside out. Can’t say I felt bad about that one, eye for an eye and all. Corrupt bastards. The best part was when someone said, "Here come the police, this ain’t worth it." The seasoned hands watched the young ‘uns run off. Then they went back to work. No threats. That’s the Minnesota Nice you hear about. 😀

The National Guard has been called in. We’ll see where that leads us.
Oh, and of course they’re already reporting this is going to cause a new surge of The Virus. This week the City of Minneapolis ordered mandatory masks.

Posted : May 29, 2020 5:48 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Found this recipe to ease tear-gas symptoms:

*4 teaspoons of baking soda per cup of water in a spray-bottle to spray on the face. It will disable the gas' rash on the skin (acidic effect)
source: https://twitter.com/catapereiram/status/1265859344534511616?s=20

Might be useful someday, ya never know!

EDIT: here's an article about it as well: https://www.popsci.com/story/diy/tear-gas-guide/

PS2: Unfortunately, this smells more and more like a co-opted riot with BLM all-over. Even Candace Owens' speaking out on the Soros-funded ordo-ab-chao campaign: https://www.rt.com/usa/490081-candace-owens-soros-minneapolis-riots/

Posted : May 29, 2020 9:51 AM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: Found this recipe to ease tear-gas symptoms:

*4 teaspoons of baking soda per cup of water in a spray-bottle to spray on the face. It will disable the gas' rash on the skin (acidic effect)
source: https://twitter.com/catapereiram/status/1265859344534511616?s=20

I never expected anyone would be posting recipes on this forum. 😉 And you’re right. You never know. Thank you.

They’ve imposed an 8:00 pm to 7:00 am curfew today through the weekend. But they’re still on the streets. The National Guard is too. This has all been in south Mpls. But tonight 3 fires have broken out at businesses on the Northside. One, a neighborhood barber shop, is about 4 blocks from me. North Minneapolis is considered the roughest area of the city and I’m on the edge of one of the roughest neighborhoods. I heard the police from the precinct that burned down are being housed now in my precinct. The carnage has been bad enough South. IDK what it’ll be like if they bring it to North. Gunfire is already common here.

Posted : May 30, 2020 7:03 AM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote:

PS2: Unfortunately, this smells more and more like a co-opted riot with BLM all-over. Even Candace Owens' speaking out on the Soros-funded ordo-ab-chao campaign: https://www.rt.com/usa/490081-candace-owens-soros-minneapolis-riots/

‘Here’s a clip of the President of Minneapolis NAACP, Leslie Redmond. Her entire speech is worth listening to. At 2:16 is her lead in to calling out the real arsons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_zoLiFqqNM

Looting is one thing but arson is a whole ‘nuther animal. They are burning down our beautiful city. Words can’t express how sad we are. But I’m also very proud that my fellow citizens have the balls for the uprising.

Posted : May 30, 2020 7:20 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Man, this escalated quickly. Hope y’all doing okay. Seems like the whole world’s burning at the moment!

fear and violence are the true virus to be reckoned with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ItB0DMe2Hs

Posted : May 30, 2020 8:45 AM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

Where was the outrage and activism when one of the Minnesota police department officers Mohamed Noor shot and killed an unarmed Australian women Justine Ruszczyk? An investigation was done and that guy justifiably went to jail.
Was it due to the fact that the police officer was black and the victim was white?

Posted : June 2, 2020 12:09 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

Maybe certain deaths fuel the media driven hysteria more than others. I hear a lot of debate over this type of thing, polarizing people to wonder why one incident is more widely recognized than another. The government is murdering its citizens. That is a problem. So, what do we do about it?

Posted : June 2, 2020 9:59 PM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

jack_daft wrote: Maybe certain deaths fuel the media driven hysteria more than others. I hear a lot of debate over this type of thing, polarizing people to wonder why one incident is more widely recognized than another. The government is murdering its citizens. That is a problem. So, what do we do about it?

Its the old divide and conquer technique - been around since Roman times. The main point I was trying to articulate is that the police shouldn't be killing their citizens regardless of their skin colour. It's messed up.

Posted : June 3, 2020 2:28 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

The marxist virus raging in North America at the moment is disappointing to say the least. Many of my friends and colleagues bought it hook line and sinker posting all sorts of BLM virtue signalling. Some even post links to donate money to groups that bail rioters out of jails.

At the same time, I'm reading Fang Lizhi's book (The Most Wanted Man in China) who is a Chinese astrophysicist who became disillusioned with the system and thus chased by authorities. When he recounts the turbulent times of China under Mao during the Cultural Revolution, the parallels between BLM are like mirror reflections.

Alas, I want to reserve my judgement, for I know most people are in it for the right reasons (some are mere virtue signaling), and I believe they'll wake up to realise they've been hoodwinked.

Still,
"The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions" .. 😎

Posted : June 3, 2020 9:35 AM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

enjoypolo wrote: The marxist virus raging in North America at the moment is disappointing to say the least. Many of my friends and colleagues bought it hook line and sinker posting all sorts of BLM virtue signalling. Some even post links to donate money to groups that bail rioters out of jails.

At the same time, I'm reading Fang Lizhi's book (The Most Wanted Man in China) who is a Chinese astrophysicist who became disillusioned with the system and thus chased by authorities. When he recounts the turbulent times of China under Mao during the Cultural Revolution, the parallels between BLM are like mirror reflections.

Alas, I want to reserve my judgement, for I know most people are in it for the right reasons (some are mere virtue signaling), and I believe they'll wake up to realise they've been hoodwinked.

Still,
"The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions" .. 😎

Great post.

It's unbelievable how much social conditioning is going on re BLM at the moment across all different platforms.

I've seen it in my fitness app (which in my opinion should be staying the f*ck away from politics) and even my mediation app. Enough already. This type of shit further creates tensions and fuels the divide. The awaken among us can see through the BS, however the masses are taking it hook, line and sinker.

I live in Australia and this stuff is in our faces. I know in Australia we have a tainted past with the treatment of the indigenous population, however we have come along way. My family came out from Ireland due to English / British oppression back in the day. At some point we all have to draw a line in the sand of history and move forward together. I don't get how people get triggered by occurrences that happened in history that they didn't personally experience. By that rational should I hate all the British for 900 plus years of English occupation of the land of my fore fathers? No!

Posted : June 3, 2020 11:56 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

What a great fucking find, Foxy! Final nail in the coffin! All balls, babe!

When your SJW race war is started by a murderer named 'Chauvin,' I feel like I'm being punked.

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : June 12, 2020 10:17 PM
(@wolf1122)

fifthcolumn wrote: What a great fucking find, Foxy! Final nail in the coffin! All balls, babe!

When your SJW race war is started by a murderer named 'Chauvin,' I feel like I'm being punked.

Excellent point.....! Spooky that even the name of the killer seems planned - according to the ever reliable wikipedia there is a Frenchman from Napoleon's day who spawned the term chauvinist:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Chauvin
My first thought was - what white cop in their right mind keeps that hold for so long on a black man while folks are recording it... unless he's a Manchurian candidate?

Posted : June 16, 2020 7:08 AM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

harpoonharry wrote: Where was the outrage and activism when one of the Minnesota police department officers Mohamed Noor shot and killed an unarmed Australian women Justine Ruszczyk? An investigation was done and that guy justifiably went to jail.
Was it due to the fact that the police officer was black and the victim was white?

I don’t think the response This time is due to race but rather race is being used by the Controllers to optimize the incident to support their agenda, much like others have said here already.

To address the original question regarding stronger responses to white cops killing blacks vs black cops killing whites, I think on it’s own, it’s a sensible question. I can easily understand it being asked by someone who lives outside of the USA. I have only guesses and little understanding about why this seemingly simplified question is often asked by ones who live here. Please! don’t wrongly assume I’m implying the question is automatically rooted in racism when I say this. I can think of other perspectives that can apply making it a not-so-simplified question after all. I’ve just never seen a discussion about the whys behind it. I only see arguments over why it’s wrong. I’d very much like to be enlightened by a productive discussion. <— said with earnest sincerity. 🙂

Posted : June 16, 2020 6:56 PM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

Having never been to America so it's difficult to gauge what goes on. My point is this - police brutality is police brutality irrespective of the cop and victims race. Why are a lot of police forces becoming militarised? - happening here in Australia as well.
From the outside looking in it just seems that this incident has been hijacked by people that aren't addressing the real issues and don't particularly care about black people nor police brutality. We all know that this bloke's death is being used by those pulling the strings to orchestrate division and chaos. To me all lives matter and to single out one particular race or ethnicity is inherently racist. I get that a lot of the people that are brushing with the law are from the lower socio-ecomonic areas but that doesn't apply to race either. That's poverty driven.

Posted : June 17, 2020 1:10 AM
Share: