Notifications
Clear all

The Awesome Film Megapost

113 Posts
23 Users
5 Likes
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

waltn wrote: I'm sure that quite a few THC members have already seen these, but I think that the James Corbet of the Corbet Report has down some great videos. The older two that I would recommend are:

Title: How Big Oil Conquered the World
Year: 2016
Synopsis: The documentary follows the Rockefeller family from it's snake oil roots to taking over not just oil, but medicine, education and business. It explains a great deal about how are modern world "works."

For the full movie: https://www.corbettreport.com/?s=How+big+oil

Title: Why Big Oil Conquered the World
Year: 2017
Synopsis: The follow up that deals with the eugenics movement, climate change and population control. Also very relevant to today.

I would also highly recommend the 4 part (two hour total) series that Corbet has just completed about Bill Gates. I find it well researched and quite chilling, considering that Gates seems to have his fingers everywhere in the current crisis. Here is the link the first one: https://www.corbettreport.com/how-bill-gates-monopolized-global-health/

I would love to hear if anyone has feedback (positive or negative) about these films.

Excellent, I've enjoyed listening to James Corbett when Greg has interviewed him. Will share these with some of my Sheeple friends 🙂

Posted : June 1, 2020 3:44 AM
aloref and aloref reacted
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

nickzeptepi wrote: Have you read the book? It's a free pdf download, 200+ pages but the style of writing is great if almost reads like a magical spell or hypnosis

all the links ive tryed downloading the book are not working.

both fight club and david huggins is sorta synchronistic right now i just realized. wish david fincher made a film about aliens. maybe the more we go into space the more movies that are more accurate about aliens.

Posted : June 1, 2020 2:06 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

sirujux wrote: all the links ive tryed downloading the book are not working.

both fight club and david huggins is sorta synchronistic right now i just realized. wish david fincher made a film about aliens. maybe the more we go into space the more movies that are more accurate about aliens.

https://b-ok.cc/s/fight%20club available in various formats 😉

Yeah Fincher's definitely become more mainstream but is a good resource for esoterica in your face 😎 including Gone Girl, Se7en, and even World War Z.

Posted : June 1, 2020 6:15 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

enjoypolo wrote: https://b-ok.cc/s/fight club available in various formats 😉

Yeah Fincher's definitely become more mainstream but is a good resource for esoterica in your face 😎 including Gone Girl, Se7en, and even World War Z.

nice i didnt even know there was a fight club book. i was trying to find the love and soucers one.

i dont think david fincher made world war z. he was going to make world war z 2. that movie was canceled. ill check it out, its one of the most expensive movies ever made. i watched the trailer and looks like a riot movie.

Posted : June 1, 2020 6:58 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I had a revelation while reading Fight Club
The 2 main Tylers are like Complex's of a fractured ego and/or internal systems inside of Jack - who is represented by the house, the internal organ descriptions are the depth at which the complex get into.
I am jack's seething rage

have a read see if it has merit

Posted : June 2, 2020 1:21 AM
 Iain
(@iain)

how do all
film and cinema has been fundamental part of my time here, watching , making very amateur shorts and running cinema. A while back I went to a restored 2001showing. Not my first time watching this film by any stretch but the first after hearing (maybe reading) Jay Weidner and his understanding the film its self is alchemical.
Didn't follow the plot, didn't marvel at the camera work etc etc, just was open to the experience...It was a experience of different realities, massive connection to other realms, truly a emotional shamanic offering made by Kubrick.

Sat here, now in what ever history will call this time, the likelihood of us being able to experience anything like this seems so slim. as so many implications of the lock down surface i can't wonder if the era of big screen , great film is over? Will the lack of big screen experience lead to films being made for in house/laptop viewing? what of epic cinematography, endless vistas or the big screen being used for claustrophobia inducing moments or the engulfing sound of a good theatres sound system...hard to reproduce with much effort and money a home.

I don't think great films won't be made, its the loss of great cinema experience that will ultimately the artform

Posted : June 10, 2020 10:17 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4U-23TOKms

A new Nikola Tesla biopic featuring Ethan Hawke for his role will be released soon. I'm torn.. on the one hand I'm excited, on the other hand, it's ripe for disappointments and over-expectations.
The trailer has a real amateur vibe to it too.. Still, how timely to see a film about Tesla in 2020

My favourite Tesla depiction to this day remains Nolan's, The Prestige (featuring none other than David Bowie as the mad genius)

PS: apparently it was released yesterday 😉

Posted : August 22, 2020 8:19 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Three Identical Strangers (2018), directed by Tim Wardle

Trailer

Synopsis

Tim Wardle’s compelling documentary spotlights the notorious case of three men who grew up not knowing their siblings existed (The Guardian review)

Comments: watched this last night and it got me on the edge from start to finish, a rare thing these days. Without spoiling too much, this is right up THC's alley. I'd recommend this for anyone who enjoys a deep dive into a rabbit hole (or I guess as deep as 96 mins allows for).

It'd be fascinating to have him (Tim Wardle) as a guest on THC someday 😉

Spoiler
Spoiler alert
The movie dives into the story of triplets who were separated at birth and given for adoption. They grew up not knowing they had siblings. While the story of the triplets is captivating as it is, the real main dish of this film is the adoption agency (Louise Wise) which did a whole bunch of these twin experiments. This is Nazi-grade esoteric research on twins that I haven't deep-dived in but folks like Elana Freeland have written about (Joseph Mengelewas notorious for doing research on twins). The film does a pretty incredible job at pulling the threads together as far as possible. It's also a great metaphor for society (the triplets being the people and the adoption agency being quite literally the hidden hand pulling the strings). If you think conspiracies aren't real or are the thing of kooks, this will be a ride!

Posted : March 23, 2022 8:38 PM
jean.yes, aloref and aloref reacted
Page 8 / 8
Share: