Is flat earth mind control or truth?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
aboveisbelow
(@aboveisbelow)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I'm sure everyone here is delving down the rabbit hole and the flat earth concept is quite interesting to many. Most of us are probably Earth shape agnostic at this point. The amount of animosity alone regarding this subject raises a brow. Check out this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHmKmd58Jk8&feature=share

At around 7:30 minutes in he starts talking about how to think and at 8:15 goes on a "tangent" and says that Helium was discovered on the sun before it was discovered on the earth. "Named after the Greek God Helios."

The sun is 93 million miles away according to science yet we discovered helium on the sun before it was discovered on earth?

Posted : August 14, 2016 7:32 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Discovery of Helium: August 18th, 1868 by French astronomer Jules Janssen

It looks like Helium was discovered as part of the early spectrographic work being done in the mid-19th Century.

With regard to round vs flat earth:

First of all, the ancients didn’t believe in a flat earth. The Greeks in fact knew of the spherical nature of the earth since 3rd century BC. This was based on scientific observations made by Eratosthenes. He observed the length of shadow cast in Alexandria (Egypt) and that no shadow was cast near Aswan (Egypt) on the summer solstice. He calculated the size of the earth to within one percent.

The concept of the flat earth belief was due to mis-interpretation of certain bible passages by 19th century scholars regarding the irrationality of medieval European church doctrine when compared with “rational” scientific doctrines. The funny part is that the people who popularized the term “flat earth” were in fact making the argument that the earth was round, and that “those guys who believed in this before us” were not acting rationally (aren’t we so great now that we know better essentially). But in fact “those guys” were a myth that these authors had either deliberately embellished or ignorantly constructed – which is precisely what they were saying they were dispelling.

The below is from this article: http://creation.com/flat-earth-myth
” The above are the facts about Columbus. The much-parroted flat-earth myth about him comes not from history but from the tales of Washington Irving (1783–1859), The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (1828). Irving was probably America’s first genuine best-selling writer, but he admitted that he was “apt to indulge in the imagination.” Flat-earth belief was certainly a figment of his imagination.

It was bad enough that this myth entered the public perception thanks to Irving’s wide readership. But it became worse when it acquired the veneer of scholarship, so it could be used as a club with which to bash Christianity. The main propagandists for this cause were the notorious 19th century anti-Christian bigots John William Draper (1811–1882) and Andrew Dickson White (1832–1918). Draper, a fine chemist and photographer—first president of the American Chemical Society—but a lousy historian, wrote History of the Conflict between Religion and Science (1874) as a poorly informed polemic against the Church. White was a disgruntled ex-Episcopalian and the founder of Cornell University as the first explicitly secular university in the United States. He also published the two-volume work History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom (1896).

Both authors relied heavily on the work of Cosmas, portraying his flat-earth teaching as typical rather than the almost forgotten, extreme minority view that it was. And they are the ones most responsible for the discredited ‘conflict thesis’ between Christianity and science, instead of the real history that the Christian world-view was responsible for science in the first place, while it was still-born in other places like ancient Greece and China.10

Colin Russell (1928– ), Emeritus Professor of History of Science and Technology at the Open University, writes:

“Draper takes such liberty with history, perpetuating legends as fact that he is rightly avoided today in serious historical study. The same is nearly as true of White, though his prominent apparatus of prolific footnotes may create a misleading impression of meticulous scholarship.”11

Both J.B. Russell and Gould argue that Draper and White had an agenda to discredit Christians who opposed the then-new theories of Darwin as ‘flat earthers’. Nothing much has changed!”

There are several simple observations which demonstrate that the earth is in fact round:

The Coriolis Effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7dcl_ERNs

Focault Pendulum rotation in opposite directions in Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b14l3-A8iUQ

The toilet flush changes direction at the equator (that’s an easy experiment the next time you cross the equator). If it were a solid spinning disk this would not be possible.

Often flat earther’s challenge the very principle of our planet moving through space. To demonstrate the earth’s motion through space I will refer below to different experiments demonstrating evidence of Ether drift. This evidence actually shows that there is a dynamic ether (medium of light) which the earth is moving through in space and disproves one of the fundamental foundations of general relativity that there is no etheric motion, only curvature. It also shows that the earth is moving through space.

http://www.helical-structures.org/new_evidences/modern-ether-drift-exp/ether-drift-exp.pdf

Posted : August 14, 2016 1:35 PM
aboveisbelow
(@aboveisbelow)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Shamangineer thank you for the excellent reply!

Its difficult for me to trust a lot of the historical facts as we know for sure that history has been made and taught by the victors. That being said there is still a lot of unknown history that is not taught K-12 and it's great much of the recent THC episodes have been exploring alternate history. Including the concept of Ether.

Everything else you mention are great and solid points. I personally have seen the transit of Venus across the Sun with magnification and use this personal experiencr as an anchor in questioning alternate possibilities about the way the earth operates.

You are doing some great work Shamangineer and I really do appreciate your in depth response. I'd love to sit down and have some discussions with you!

Have you considered starting up a website or creating videos for your research? I would definitely be interested in learning more.

Posted : August 15, 2016 1:13 AM
(@diogenes)
Eminent Member

weird that N. D. Tyson goes by the idea that columbus was searching to see if the world was flat or round. afaik by the time he started his voyage, most thought the world was round.

so is N.D.Tyson a shill, or was Columbus the original flat earther??

Posted : August 15, 2016 7:20 AM
aboveisbelow
(@aboveisbelow)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I would say the most important thing about this whole subject that I initially wanted to lay down is that in a way it doesn't even matter whether we live on sphere or in one. What does matter is that truth is constantly being suppressed and manipulated while it seems as though there is a war occurring between Love and Fear.

Sometimes I wonder if the flat earth theory is purposeful misinformation to derail truth seekers. Sometimes I do also contemplate a flat earth.

We've seen many try to debunk a flat earth and most end up at least saying that the earth isn't as it seems and there is much more to it.

The most important thing is that we are all here together in a process of waking up and breaking through the indoctrination. I can say with near 100% certainty we are all connected in some way.

By all being positive while we dive down the rabbit hole and think of it as an epic adventure with many other friends by your side, rather than a scary and fear filled journey that you get outcast for undertaking, we will win.

"Magic" or "Magick" or "Enlightened" should start being called being Human. We are all capable of a lot more fun than we are ever taught. That's why fear is being propelled to the masses currently in an increasing rate. Pretty sure the ones in power know a lot of people are waking up and they wanna shut it down. It is their greatest fear that we overcome the lies with mass "Love."

Posted : August 17, 2016 3:26 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Aboveisbelow: I do not have a website, although I did stumble across this website of an EXTREMELY like minded individual with a great deal of related content, it's spooky to a degree:

http://www.shamanicengineering.org/

I would like to write a book someday and have started to map it out, it will take a lot of research to properly represent and reference my viewpoint, but I have been amassing a personal library for the purpose for some time (ran out of room for books, probably a sign I'm ready), but other projects of a more imminent and practical nature keep popping up so I have been waylayed for a while on the book writing front. But no matter what else is going on I am sure to make time to contemplate and research and occasionally write an essay on variouis topics to connect some dots, if nothing else than to unwind from a days work.

Posted : October 8, 2016 1:38 PM
 jwp
(@jwp)

I had heard a quite a bit about this flat earth conspiracy so I wanted to see if I could
get some evidence for myself. On vacation in Western NY on the shore of Lake Ontario
I was able to take this picture of Toronto form about 35 miles or 56 kilometers away.

From this vantage point you can clearly see that the ground level of Toronto is well below
the horizon line which clearly indicates that the surface of the Earth is curved. (at least from
Western NY).

Things got a little strange when I used a Sagitta calculator to measure how far below
the water line the ground plane should be. When I did the calculations using the Earth's mean
radius off the Wikepedia page of 6371 km I got a segment height of 62.25. This was twice the height of 125 meters I calculated when I overlaid an elevation of the CN Tower over
the photo. This would mean the Earth would have been about half the size it was said to be.
http://www.1728.org/circsect.htm

On further research I discovered that I had failed to take into account atmospheric refraction and the optical effects of Looming. This would account for the differences in what I was measuring on the photo and my calculations.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looming_and_similar_refraction_phenomena#Looming

I thinks it's important to study and find the truth for your self, especially when considering what is most likely disinformation from those who claim to be Flat Earthers. It's most likely a psyop being used to discredit legitimate conspiracy research that's being done.

Posted : October 19, 2016 7:14 PM
Share: