Lessons from history

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I'm probably gonna arouse the ire of some people for even mentioning this, but I genuinely believe there is a reasonable parallel to make between COVID passports and what the German Nazi authorities (and their allies, including Vichy France) did to Jews (and other minorities groups, including handicaps, homosexuals, Romas) during WWII and prior.

France is a great example. From today on, Macron has decreed that the Passe Sanitaire (covid passport app) will be mandatory to go to any event or location with more than 50 people, be it a concert, a venue and pretty much anything. Yet, anytime someone is seen with a yellow star to point to the similarities, they are dismissed as being shameful idiots.

So I found some curious documents courtesy of the Musee de la Shoah, a holocaust museum in Paris, France which has an online archive with tons of materials.
This one (find in attachments below) particular French document is entitled "Measures for the implementation of the 9th order of the occupation authorities concerning the Jews." This decree states that from July 8, 1942 onwards, it lists all the establishments that are forbidden access to Jews, it includes:

restaurants and food establishments, cafes, tea salons, bars; theatres/cinemas/concert venues; swimming pools and beaches; libraries, public exhibitions, castles and any location with historical significance; camping spots and parks amongst other things.
The document is signed: The higher S.S. - and police commander in the area of the military commander in France

This page from the British Library in London offers a timeline about Jewish persecution in Germany, from 1933 (book burnings, anti-jewish boycotts) to 1943 (deportations). This supports an insight I often point to: Germans did not (could not) assassinate Jews from the beginning. Instead, it took them 10 years of hardcore brainwashing the population to get to that point. Where does our current situation lead to in 2030? Food for thought, but dare I say, history repeats itself.

If anything, it's eerily similar to the restrictions imposed today on non-vaxxed or non-tested people in many countries. Those who simply say "shame on you for making this comparison" "how dare you compare the millions of deaths from the holocaust to a vaccination program meant to save you", well I say, it's undeniable that its ripping apart society to create an apartheid tier-society, just like under Nazi occupation, or in South Africa under apartheid (and other totalitarian regimes throughout history).
I actually think it's out of respect for the millions who died to not let such events repeat themselves, but that's just my 2 cents.

I'll try to post more interesting findings.

Posted : July 23, 2021 9:36 AM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

enjoypolo wrote:
I'm probably gonna arouse the ire of some people for even mentioning this, but I genuinely believe there is a reasonable parallel to make between COVID passports and what the German Nazi authorities (and their allies, including Vichy France) did to Jews (and other minorities groups, including handicaps, homosexuals, Romas) during WWII and prior.

France is a great example. From today on, Macron has decreed that the Passe Sanitaire (covid passport app) will be mandatory to go to any event or location with more than 50 people, be it a concert, a venue and pretty much anything. Yet, anytime someone is seen with a yellow star to point to the similarities, they are dismissed as being shameful idiots.

So I found some curious documents courtesy of the Musee de la Shoah, a holocaust museum in Paris, France which has an online archive with tons of materials.
This one (find in attachments below) particular French document is entitled "Measures for the implementation of the 9th order of the occupation authorities concerning the Jews." This decree states that from July 8, 1942 onwards, it lists all the establishments that are forbidden access to Jews, it includes:

restaurants and food establishments, cafes, tea salons, bars; theatres/cinemas/concert venues; swimming pools and beaches; libraries, public exhibitions, castles and any location with historical significance; camping spots and parks amongst other things.
The document is signed: The higher S.S. - and police commander in the area of the military commander in France

This page from the British Library in London offers a timeline about Jewish persecution in Germany, from 1933 (book burnings, anti-jewish boycotts) to 1943 (deportations). This supports an insight I often point to: Germans did not (could not) assassinate Jews from the beginning. Instead, it took them 10 years of hardcore brainwashing the population to get to that point. Where does our current situation lead to in 2030? Food for thought, but dare I say, history repeats itself.

If anything, it's eerily similar to the restrictions imposed today on non-vaxxed or non-tested people in many countries. Those who simply say "shame on you for making this comparison" "how dare you compare the millions of deaths from the holocaust to a vaccination program meant to save you", well I say, it's undeniable that its ripping apart society to create an apartheid tier-society, just like under Nazi occupation, or in South Africa under apartheid (and other totalitarian regimes throughout history).
I actually think it's out of respect for the millions who died to not let such events repeat themselves, but that's just my 2 cents.

I'll try to post more interesting findings.

Great points, I was only having a similar conversation with a mate the other day. Unfortunately we have too many people completely ignorant of history albeit a relatively recent history.
I saw an article today pointing out that Canada will open its borders as of the 7th September to 'all vaccinated tourists'........ my immediate thoughts were and so it begins

Posted : July 23, 2021 12:11 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

I'm deeply afraid that this has been simmering for a long time--especially in Europe.

I know it sounds harsh and almost Ayn Rand libertarian-y, but valuing comfort over freedom seems to end up in these dark places.

Posted : July 23, 2021 2:20 PM
(@alogan)

harpoonharry wrote:
I saw an article today pointing out that Canada will open its borders as of the 7th September to 'all vaccinated tourists'........ my immediate thoughts were and so it begins

Totally. I'm finishing up a road trip across the US Continental Divide and it's really given me some perspective on the cultural/idealogical war being fought in America and likely other European nations. It's tough to see without going to these tiny dying towns, but this economic war on the low & lower middle class is strangling the last bits of life out of the (rural) country. The people who have sustained on the fringe are now being choked out of the economy as their tourism crashed & boomed, supply lines were disrupted, and work force disappeared or chose not to work.

While seemingly unrelated, all of these prongs are adding up to stomp out the tough as nails rural folk and lead them to join a more centralized and controllable populace. Then with no family farm to fall back on, the passes, passports, social credit scores will have a lot more gravity.

Anyway, just sitting in a dusty little MT ghost town that was still in use not even 20 years ago and thinking about how the colonial/homesteader seas are receding in the US and the new habitable shorelines will be within arms reach of their Agenda 30 smart cities.

Go squeegee your third eyes and get saddled up for the '25 half time show coming up! Sure it wil be a wild ride.

Yeehaw!

Posted : August 2, 2021 4:22 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

I think you are absolutely right to make the comparison, thanks for including the information also

Posted : August 2, 2021 5:33 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member

A.Lo wrote:
Totally. I'm finishing up a road trip across the US Continental Divide and it's really given me some perspective on the cultural/idealogical war being fought in America and likely other European nations. It's tough to see without going to these tiny dying towns, but this economic war on the low & lower middle class is strangling the last bits of life out of the (rural) country. The people who have sustained on the fringe are now being choked out of the economy as their tourism crashed & boomed, supply lines were disrupted, and work force disappeared or chose not to work.

While seemingly unrelated, all of these prongs are adding up to stomp out the tough as nails rural folk and lead them to join a more centralized and controllable populace. Then with no family farm to fall back on, the passes, passports, social credit scores will have a lot more gravity.

Anyway, just sitting in a dusty little MT ghost town that was still in use not even 20 years ago and thinking about how the colonial/homesteader seas are receding in the US and the new habitable shorelines will be within arms reach of their Agenda 30 smart cities.

Go squeegee your third eyes and get saddled up for the '25 half time show coming up! Sure it wil be a wild ride.

Yeehaw!

Oooh, what ghost town in Montana are you in?

Posted : August 3, 2021 6:31 PM
(@alogan)

Had the thought in Glendive, MT. And they had a bit more going on through local sportsman, travellers to Glacier & Yellowstone, and weary wanderers like myself. But I slept behind an old church in Circle, MT later and that place was sleepy to say the least. Ranchers only kind of town.

Posted : August 3, 2021 6:59 PM
(@alogan)

@tacosalad

Had the thought in Glendive, MT. And they had a bit more going on through local sportsman, travellers to Glacier & Yellowstone, and weary wanderers like myself. But I slept behind an old church in Circle, MT later and that place was sleepy to say the least. Ranchers only kind of town.

Posted : August 3, 2021 7:00 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member

I remember driving across Montana with my dad when I was a kid and stopping in places like Twodot that were basically a few grain silos and a bar where pickup trucks magically appeared at a certain time in the afternoon 😀

Posted : August 4, 2021 6:45 AM
(@alogan)

Those are my favorite bars. Truckers are usually pretty cautious & suspect of me at first. But once they warm up, I'm usually a big hit. Ha!

Posted : August 4, 2021 9:03 PM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

I'm an Aussie but those bars sound like some our outback pubs 🙂 - not Wolf Creek haha

Posted : August 6, 2021 2:44 AM
Share: