Clear all

[Sticky] THC Book Club

91 Posts
22 Users
0 Reactions
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

READ IT BEFORE YOU JUDGE IT or
you are still asleep (no matter how "woke" you think you are!)

Posted : August 15, 2018 1:09 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I found a great resource
Someone has been collating out of copyright books, got them catorgoies and converted some to epub.

got loads on mysticism, folk law, occult - etc

https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/ebook-categories/

Posted : September 3, 2018 7:57 AM
op3n3y3s
(@op3n3y3s)

Hey everyone,
Just saw this thread and thought this would be the best place to ask about a book. My brother gave my the book "fingerprints of the gods" by Graham Hancock. has anyone read this book and if you have what are your thoughts about it?
Thanks

Posted : October 15, 2018 11:11 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

MK Ultra Never Ended by Jian Liang (PhiBetaIota.com , 98pages PDF)

I stumbled upon this first-hand written account of a MK Ultra victim/survivor, Jian Liang after it was published on Robert David Steel's (RDS) website PhiBetaIota few days ago, and it's the closest to receiving electroshocks to my body. I must warn people that it is a brutal, disturbing account of what happens to these mind-controlled slaves. There are countless descriptions of rapes, tortures and her journey to deprogramming her many altars (identities created thru trauma-based torture) where she finds out how she's been implanted with chips, sold and abused by countless people, including to her colleagues at work and in the military-industrial secret space program.

On a deeper level, it makes me question my interest in such morbid topics. Having said that, the text being edited by Elana Freeland (which I've synchronistically reviewed her latest book Under an Ionized Sky) is packed with references and articles that back up a lot of the claims.
This may seem hard to believe for those who don't believe in a secret space program, or the multi-dimensional aspect of the human body & Soul (including how you can teleport/trap a soul and put it into another body for assignments), but for me it at least, it rings authentic, and that what makes it very difficult to fathom.
Be warned. The last book that shook me to my core like this was Trance-Formation of America by Cathy O'Brien..

Posted : October 23, 2018 7:11 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

op3n3y3s wrote: Hey everyone,
Just saw this thread and thought this would be the best place to ask about a book. My brother gave my the book "fingerprints of the gods" by Graham Hancock. has anyone read this book and if you have what are your thoughts about it?
Thanks

Yes its a great book - but it does depend on where your at in your journey - some of the info was ground breaking at the time but as it has now entered into the alternative history narrative you might see it as old hat.
Supernatural really did it for me - changed my view on the UFO, ET being out there.

Posted : October 24, 2018 6:19 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://quieteccentric.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/__trashed/

I just finished writing a review about a fantastic book by Gunter Pauli, on a radical new wireless technology: Li-Fi, which uses LED light, not microwaves, to transmit data at literally, the speed of light. There are so many benefits to Li-Fi, and it's game-changer in every existing metric, whether signal quality and strength, health effects, speed transfer, security. It's a still a new technology, but I have no doubts this will be the future, not 5G DNA toasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UulEFh8yhCg

Posted : January 13, 2019 12:37 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

I finished reading the book Blueprint for revolution by Srdja Popovic, and thought it was an incredible read explaining how non-violent movements can affect socio-political change much more effectively than we armed oppositions, as well as giving an overview on what works, and doesn't, along with concrete strategies to use.

The book is inspired from the civil disobedience movement in the late 90's Serbia called Otpor! (Resistance!), against the infamous president at that time, Slobodo Milosevic. Eventually they did succeed in him stepping down, and since then, Srdja Popovic has been "consulting" and educating others the tactic using non-violent strategies to achieve their objectives.

Although Otpor! shutdown in 2004, it morphed into a full-time organization called CANVAS (Centre for Applied Non-Violence Action and Strategies). Since then, it's worked with people from all over the world, which are described with his Serbian humour throughout the book, including Egypt's Spring, Assad's protest in Syria, Ukraine, Russia, etc.

It was a French cop who was recently sanctioned for publicly condemning police violence in the Gilets Jaunes (YellowVest) movement in France, that recommended reading this book. And it reminds me of David Icke's idea of Non-Comply Dance 😀
There's lot of wisdom in that, the idea being, it would be confusing for passive-authorities to shoot a jolly, dancing crowd, versus one with heightened tension. And though it wasn't as much mentioned in the book, Music is a hugely under-valued asset in this setting.

The most valuable note I wanted to share, was towards the end, where it detailed certain strategies taken from the non-violent struggle guru, Gene Sharp, required for a successful movement:

- Grand Strategy: Long-term vision. Your north star (whether it's democracy, or else). Includes contradictory discussion: Is this right?
- Strategy: How to achieve the objective. Planning phase. Requires careful planning aligned with Grand Strategy.
- Tactics: The means used in the field. Requires flexibility, and versatility.

Most important is the "Golden Goose", or the prime objective. What is it that you seek? It seems simpler than it sounds.

Once the golden goose has been decided, apply the military strategy called Reverse Planning Sequence (refer to ch.3-7 and fig. 3-3 below), which basically consists of starting from the end-point (GoldenGoose), and tracing it back to your present, in reverse order (see below).
In doing so, you're more easily able to identify the required steps that will lead you to your goal, while outlining the risks incurred at each steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GHqJXtVCoI

This reminded me of Magick and invocation. Specifically, an advice given by Nassim Haramein on how to manifest your wishes. Incredible, no?

It's funny too cause in the past, I was studying the William Bengston's Healing Technique, and one of the hardest thing to get around is picturing what you want, without getting trapped by noise (like I want to be rich, or healthy, as opposed to clear goals like, I want $1Million to buy a house).

As Popovic says, we've been conditioned to think, not of what we want, but of the next immediate step, which keeps us from having clear, larger perspective vision. (e.g., go to college; then get a job, etc.)

I find this Reverse Planning Sequence tremendously insightful, and something that can be applied to my daily life, especially in planning.
So there you go, I hope that sparks some light bulbs.

Posted : February 15, 2019 5:16 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Avalon library

http://avalonlibrary.net/ebooks/

Posted : March 10, 2019 1:39 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

Hey everyone. I have not read any of Dr. Farrell's books. I want to remedy this situation, but with so many titles, I just don't know where to start.

Can anyone recommend the best / most interesting books I should start with?

Thanks much!

Posted : March 18, 2019 1:11 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Diego Rivera, The Creation (illustration for Popol Vuh) (1931)

The Popol Vuh (Translated by Michael Brazzett, 2018)

Known by many names such as The Book of Woven Mats, or even the Mayan Bible, the Popol Vuh recounts the K'iche' creation myth all the way from how the Earth came to be (from The Word), as well as the Sun, Moo, and of course, Humans.

I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to Mayan and Meso-American culture, but somehow the Popol Vuh caught my attention on the book shelf, and since I had heard bits and pieces, especially in the novel series Sub Rosa America by Elana Freeland.

The Popol Vuh was originally translated from K'iche' by a Dominican priest, Francisco Ximenez circa 1700s, and survived despite the book burnings. Because the book is an epic tale, it's likely a mix of allegories, symbolisms and factual accounts, as well as I'm sure some translation idiosyncrasies.

My first impression was, how well-written and sophisticated the text was. For instance, in this epic the story starts with the primordial soup (The Aether; Field) at its quiet state from which everything originates with the word very much like The Genesis in the Bible (Logos).
The text consists mainly of proses with an arc spanning 250ps, with many trials and tribulations along the way (Hero's Journey). I'm sure that much of the quality of the prose has been stripped away due to linguistic differences.

Without going through the details, the basic story seems as follows:
Primordial Soup of Quietness
Boom appears the Earth, with the utterence of the word: Earth (vibrations)
The creation of humans and the multiple trials and errors.

The recurrent characters are: The Framer and Shaper; Hunahpu Possum & Hunahpu Coyote; Great White Peccary & Coatimundi; And the great Quetzal Serpent (who are, or later become, Lords of Xibalba, or the Underworld).
But the real 'Boss' seem to be Xmucane and Xpiyacoc, Grandmother and Grandfather, respectively.

By the way, this is an example mirroring the progression going from the 'least' to most important at the end. I felt like that shows the K'iche' culture had a very advanced story-telling mastery.

Couple things that caught my attention specifically:

- They seem to talk with animals, who are messengers in the texts; reminded me of the Australian aborigines stories on one THC Episode (cant recall the guys name)

- The mention of Framer and Shaper intuitively remind me of the Grand Architect archetype; the squared-circle (vitruvian man; compass-ruler); He (It) is often mentioned in the context of creation, along with the other characters.

- The Grandmother/Grandfather are basically the 'Gods' of the place, using their will to 'create' humans. However, they initially fail to create true humans, the first ones are either feelings-less like walking sticks/wood) or they are clueless as to where they came from, or even destroy the forests. This annoys the creators, which proceeds to casually flood the whole place (wtf moment).
PS: The wood/sticks could be a metaphor for rigidity (emotionally; spiritually?). There's also a brief mention to how the 'survivors', or offspring of those, are today's monkeys. Interesting!

What's incredible, is that the 'Gods' basically have to trick, or deceive the humans into a trap, so they can be killed. That to me shows that these 'Gods' are just-like us, not some omniscient beings, or they wouldn't have needed to deceive, in order to achieve.
Even more interesting, is towards the end, when they re-create another version of humans. This time, they are super wise, and they thank the gods for creating them, but so smart they are, that the Gods decide to wipe them out (again) because they fear rivalry.

This too blew my mind, because that's such a human-ego way of thinking. Once again, it seems to point out that these weren't 'Gods' with all their wisdom, but much rather like Scientists in a lab sort of playing around (with AI?). And so they kill the wise humans! And create a version with clouded eyes (a veil is the term used) so that they can only see what's right in front of them. And these ones also worship their origin (almost out of misery/trauma), which satisfies the Gods, and so lets them be. And that's basically, the End of the book, and the start of Humanity (Garden of Eden?)

I mean that's a very rough synopsis, but it shows you the epic-ness of the book's structure. The text is like a timeless-loop that transcends Space-Time, in cyclical fashion.

As I mentioned previously, I approach this in as much as I can, a neutral way (open-biases), whether you can get an allegory, symbols (things in three, or trinity abounds) and factual description. What I mean by factual, is that for instance, one of the Lords of the Underworld (i.e., 'Hell') their names are Pus Demon and Jaundice Fiend :eek::D:

"tasked with swelling limbs until
pus seeps from cracked skin
and yellow sickness drains the face,
jaundice, as it is called." (p.73)"

This, to me, reminds me of radiation poisoning symptoms. Now I could be wrong here (taking a leap of faith), but it wouldn't be too crazy to think that these gods have very advanced tech (but by no means are they Omni-Gods), so death by intense radiation poisoning seems like something you could actually do, even if its not termed that way. This is what I mean by potentially factual descriptions of actual events (or they could metaphors.)

I draw this perspective ever since I read an incredible book by Mauro Biglino, called "Il n'y a pas de création dans la Bible: La Genèse nous raconte une autre histoire" ("There isn't creation in the Bible: Genesis tells us another story"). The book is translated in French from Italian, but the author basically analyzes the etymology of Old Testament Hebrew words, and ultimately makes a meticulously presented case for why the Genesis is the story of Human being engineered by higher, more advanced species (Elohim); Not to mention descriptions of advanced technologies right in the Bible (with concepts of gravity control; radiation, etc.) very far-out, I know. But that would make much more sense, to me, especially now, than all the classical interpretations we hear.

So anyways, sorry for long post, This is quite easy book to read, and very fast since the actual text is rather short. Overall, it is beautifully written and a great story I'd read to kids. So recommend it.
There is also the PBS series that did a narrated version with illustrations. Very trippy, but I like what I saw so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMo0-kEFis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITlJmbXmFkc

Edit: In a feat of synchronicity I could not have expected, an ad for an upcoming Mayan exhibition at the Royal Museum of BC came up to me on my way to work. Ha! Clues to follow? We’ll see.. 🙂

Posted : May 13, 2019 4:48 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Part drug-fuelled warpath, part modern physics and philosophy allegory, and part rant against the works of Herb Alpert. Just don't take any of it too seriously and you'll probably like it. The style is like Hunter S. Thompson and Douglas Adams walked into a matter transport pod at the same time and the abomination that emerged wrote this book, only with more footnotes.

A autobiographical documentary about the author:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ViRJ1jgjA
I thought folks would appreciate his doggedly conspiratorial outlook on 9/11, JFK, and the Vietnam War.

Posted : May 14, 2019 5:59 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

I picked up this book on Kindle ther other day called: One-Eye - In the Land of the Blind - The rediscovery of aether - Based on the life of Viktor Schauberger by Reinout Guepin (2017)

I’m only a few chapters in, and blown away by the quality of the writing, and the meticulous archival research woven in the narrative. It’s set in a fictional style, but with real events. Based on the letters and texts of Schauberger to give a detailed account of his background growing up in Austria, as well as the larger context of the times: Nikola Tesla, world war 1, etc.

F-ing brilliant man. It reminds me of Elana Freeland’s novel series Sub Rosa America very much.
Here’s the synopsis from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/One-Eye-rediscovery-aether-Viktor-Schauberger/dp/9078070927

Posted : June 13, 2019 4:23 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Considered a classic book among many natural and organic farmers, I at last, gave One Straw Revolution a read, and I was not disappointed to say the least.

Masanobu Fukuoka (1913-2008) was a Japanese farmer, philosopher, and author of many books, some would call him a zen monk farmer who had a fascinating journey discovering his tried-and-tested method of farming, which at the core aims to regain the harmony with Nature's processes that industrial culture has lost.

The One-Straw Revolution is part manifesto on zen philosophy, part biographical, and last but not least, includes practical advice in that it gives you concrete methods.

Personally, I found it very synchronous with my background, having family living in Southern Japan by the Seto Inland Sea. The climate there is quite temperate with rainy season (tsuyu) right before a hot-and-humid summer time. I spent many summer vacations there growing up, spending time fishing in the sea, picking stag beetles and cicadas. The latter when it emerges from its shell is a fascinating sight to behold, not to mention it takes a decade for cicadas to come out of the ground and climb trees, and only few days to live with wings. But I digress.
The area is ripe for citrus trees, including mikans, a variety of tangerines. So when I saw Fukuoka-san talking about that, I couldn't believe how familiar the environment was.

His method is sometimes misunderstood as no-work farming, because of how little external inputs he uses (almost none). But that's not to say it's easy.
For instance, he practices a crop-rotation method involving the sowing of white clover and fast-growing winter grains (like Barley, rye, millet) a few weeks before rice is ripened and ready to be harvested.

"By the time the rice is ready, the clover and barley or rye is sprouting an inch or two. When the rice is harvested and threshed, the rice straw is spread over the field.
If rice is sown in the autumn and left uncovered, the seeds are often eaten by mice and birds.. so I enclose the rice seeds in little clay pellets before sowing." (p.43)

So basically, in October, winter grain + clover sowing -> rice harvest -> rice grains separated and stalks covering the fields as mulch for winter grains -> Winter grain harvests after winter -> rice starts sprouting by itself, use winter grain stalks as mulch. By that time, clover will have grown, protecting the soil, fixing nitrogen underground, and making it healthy and lively.

Hence, the "do-nothing" technique. But actually, it's making agriculture efficient by doing as little as possible, with the deepest understanding of Nature's cycles.

It's a really easy book to read, not technical at all, and I really like his "preaching" only what he has tried-and-tested himself for decades. His approach is not fanatical at all, but rather, understanding of all the factors of the environment and climate, so what works for him may not work for a farmer in Wisconsin, and yet, many of the techniques may be similar, including no chemical use, biodiversity use.
Not to mention the fact that his methods are able to achieve as good yields as conventional modern agriculture, if not better, without the devastating effects of biosphere genocide.

There are many videos and documentaries available on Youtube for those interested.
Here is a pdf link to the book with images and all.

I'm definitely sold, and it makes me feel more grateful about the rice, and wheat I eat, and how much effort was taken for it to come to my table.
Will keep his words close to my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj7nrOjhMtk

Posted : July 2, 2019 2:33 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

rani wrote: Hey everyone. I have not read any of Dr. Farrell's books. I want to remedy this situation, but with so many titles, I just don't know where to start.

Can anyone recommend the best / most interesting books I should start with?

Thanks much!

I've only read one write a few years ago but I'm a avid listener of his interviews.
It seems to me all his books are deep delves into each of the topics of his "world view" / history and are all interlinked.

I suggest pick the one that interests you most.

I'm sure all his books sorry from the most recent are in the Avalon library link I posted earlier, you can try each for free before you fork out for a easier to read hard copy.

Posted : July 3, 2019 12:29 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

nickzeptepi wrote: I suggest pick the one that interests you most.

I'm sure all his books sorry from the most recent are in the Avalon library link I posted earlier, you can try each for free before you fork out for a easier to read hard copy.

thanks man. I went for 'cosmic grid' and it was a very dense read, and didn't make much sense as it referred very heavily to 'cosmic war' so I had to go back and read that.

unfortunately, I don't have an e-reader, so I can't make full use of that Avalon library, which is very disappointing. what format do you read in, usually?

Posted : July 4, 2019 11:52 PM
Page 4 / 7
Share: