Clear all

[Sticky] Know Thy Self - Mega Thread ~ mind, body, spirit, wholeness, resources

44 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Wanted to share briefly some insights from the Kybalion texts. I had gotten acquainted with Hermetic philosophy previously, especially in books like The Law of One, but never as directly as in the Kybalion. The version I read was written by "The Three Initiates" which is either a code, or a group of people (or both).

The Seven Hermetic Principles:
I. The Principle of Mentalism
II. The Principle of Correspondence
III. The Principle of Vibration
IV. The Principle of Polarity
V. The Principle of Rythm
VI. The Principle of Cause and Effect (or as @rani previously pointed out, of CauseS and effectS)
VII. The Principle of Gender

To be frank with you, although I was already acquainted with most of the above concepts, this text had quite an impact on more than one occasion.
For example, As Above so Below (Correspondence) is probably the best example of one that I'd come to be familiar with, especially when observing Nature, and in the context of Holographic-Fractal nature of the Universe.

But something like Polarity (IV) taught me a profound lesson in the Art of Mental Transmutation, as it's called.
An example cited in the book (paraphrasing here so excuse me in advance), say Temperature.
When we're talking Cold and Hot, we're actually just talking of varying degrees of the one, and same thing. Same for Light and Darkness (or you could say, darkness is no light). Fear and Courage. Love and Hate.
So the Art of transmutation (or the polarity principle) is being able, through our Will, to reverse from one polarity to the other.

The one caveat, is that it works only (or I would say, works better) when it's of the same kind.
So while you can transmute Fear to Courage, you won't transmute Fear to Light (or my take is, it might not work as well, kind like comparing apples to oranges).

By the way, this insight also shed so much clarity on electric polarities to a layman like myself, who's always been perplexed by positive and negative (cathode). Very counter-intuitive, but in fact Kybalion goes more in-depth about this in the Gender principle (which is actually very Schauberg-ey with his concepts of gendered elements). The Gender principle was like a light-bulb burning my face, but I won't spoil it here just yet)

Personally, I'd been dealing with some anxiety issues at work lately, and in stillness, have come to identify my reactions as originating from fear. And since reading this, whenever Fear arises, I try to focus on courage instead (Courage is not lack of fear, but rather, an understanding and triumph of, and over fear, in spite of it).
It used to be I would try to focus on gratitude when in fear, and although it would work to some extent, I now find that thinking of courage instead really changes the vibrations (and now I see why, for fear and gratitude are of different kinds, gratitude would be more on the same polar-axis as selfishness, or jealousy?).

This is just one example of one principle that had a profound effect on myself recently. Like learning a new dance, or a martial arts move, practice makes it better I'm sure.
This is a powerful book, and I can only think that the fact it took me this long to actually read it, was precisely the time it was meant for me to read it.

May this reading help others in their journey as well.

PS: How cool also, to think, that this is very old wisdom, passed down through History to come down to my Kindle in pdf form. Just thinking about it makes me feel awe.:cool::rolleyes:

Posted : November 29, 2019 9:04 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

enjoypolo wrote: Wanted to share briefly some insights from the Kybalion texts. I had gotten acquainted with Hermetic philosophy previously, especially in books like The Law of One, but never as directly as in the Kybalion. The version I read was written by "The Three Initiates" which is either a code, or a group of people (or both).

The Seven Hermetic Principles:
I. The Principle of Mentalism
II. The Principle of Correspondence
III. The Principle of Vibration
IV. The Principle of Polarity
V. The Principle of Rythm
VI. The Principle of Cause and Effect (or as @rani previously pointed out, of CauseS and effectS)
VII. The Principle of Gender

To be frank with you, although I was already acquainted with most of the above concepts, this text had quite an impact on more than one occasion.
For example, As Above so Below (Correspondence) is probably the best example of one that I'd come to be familiar with, especially when observing Nature, and in the context of Holographic-Fractal nature of the Universe.

But something like Polarity (IV) taught me a profound lesson in the Art of Mental Transmutation, as it's called.
An example cited in the book (paraphrasing here so excuse me in advance), say Temperature.
When we're talking Cold and Hot, we're actually just talking of varying degrees of the one, and same thing. Same for Light and Darkness (or you could say, darkness is no light). Fear and Courage. Love and Hate.
So the Art of transmutation (or the polarity principle) is being able, through our Will, to reverse from one polarity to the other.

The one caveat, is that it works only (or I would say, works better) when it's of the same kind.
So while you can transmute Fear to Courage, you won't transmute Fear to Light (or my take is, it might not work as well, kind like comparing apples to oranges).

By the way, this insight also shed so much clarity on electric polarities to a layman like myself, who's always been perplexed by positive and negative (cathode). Very counter-intuitive, but in fact Kybalion goes more in-depth about this in the Gender principle (which is actually very Schauberg-ey with his concepts of gendered elements). The Gender principle was like a light-bulb burning my face, but I won't spoil it here just yet)

Personally, I'd been dealing with some anxiety issues at work lately, and in stillness, have come to identify my reactions as originating from fear. And since reading this, whenever Fear arises, I try to focus on courage instead (Courage is not lack of fear, but rather, an understanding and triumph of, and over fear, in spite of it).
It used to be I would try to focus on gratitude when in fear, and although it would work to some extent, I now find that thinking of courage instead really changes the vibrations (and now I see why, for fear and gratitude are of different kinds, gratitude would be more on the same polar-axis as selfishness, or jealousy?).

This is just one example of one principle that had a profound effect on myself recently. Like learning a new dance, or a martial arts move, practice makes it better I'm sure.
This is a powerful book, and I can only think that the fact it took me this long to actually read it, was precisely the time it was meant for me to read it.

May this reading help others in their journey as well.

PS: How cool also, to think, that this is very old wisdom, passed down through History to come down to my Kindle in pdf form. Just thinking about it makes me feel awe.:cool::rolleyes:

Good post, Polo! I'm a Hermetic Principals groupie.

Know Thyself - Test Your Polarities:

"Women should never be in the army."

"Children should fail."

"I found the recipe you wanted. I've had it for years. Trump tweeted it during the campaign."

Hermetically Gendered

Been thinking more about Gender recently. "That which projects outwardly," and "That which receives, grows/blossoms, and gives back." You are constantly seeding her. It is her nature to take your energy and thought, sit on it and ruminate, and then return whatever blossoms from the seeds you've implanted.

It is the feminine's nature to be impacted by her environment more. To sense and observe things and be influenced by them more than the masculine. You are constantly energetically seeding her.

(Incidentally, this is why women should never be in the army. That which takes what you give it, enhances it, and gives it back to you is a treasure. It is what you are fighting for. It doesn't go on the front lines. It goes in the rear. In a vault. Or a tower.) 🙂

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : December 13, 2019 7:53 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMbeK_6ATxQ

Had to share this incredible interview of Itzhak Bentov called From Atom to Cosmos. I haven't gone thru it all just yet, but suffice to say it's a joyful ride! I'm quite surprised by how coherent, and simple Bentov's description of the different levels of realities are; including of vibratory universe (or what I'd refer to as Resonance science today).

Currently going thru his book Stalking the wild pendulum, and it fits right in the THC portfolio, but it was 50-yrs ago, and with all the humility of a wise sage.

Love the part in the beginning when he talks/sketches about the evolution of intelligence in mankind over time on a bell curve, and says the most intelligent ones [in the context of our society] are likely to be found in mental hospitals, as they often interact on a different reality, and have hardships to fit in this society.
It reminded me of the Krishnamurti quote:

Great stuff, and his book offers one of the clearest, and simplest descriptions of vibratory physics, ESP, Source-Field for the layman. Highly recommended!

Here's Bentov's last book, A Brief Tour of Higher Consciousness (2000)

Posted : January 19, 2020 1:05 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

enjoypolo wrote: Love the part in the beginning when he talks/sketches about the evolution of intelligence in mankind over time on a bell curve, and says the most intelligent ones [in the context of our society] are likely to be found in mental hospitals, as they often interact on a different reality, and have hardships to fit in this society.

Have not the special ones always had a hard time in society? Even the Shaman's had to live at the edge of the villages in times past. At least we had the decency then to treat them with due respect. We have narrowed down the field of 'acceptable knowledge' to such a narrow grey band that even those of us who are 'functional' in society are called crazy if we dare to dream in rainbow colours.

If you are feeling a bit low - please check out the charming Donna Eden's 5 minute energy practice. It encompasses EFT, chakras and Chinese Medicine goodness. It's quick to perform, and doesn't take long to learn. I am all about the portable skills at the moment. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-FEoY440g

Posted : January 20, 2020 8:51 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:
It is the feminine's nature to be impacted by her environment more. To sense and observe things and be influenced by them more than the masculine. You are constantly energetically seeding her.

(Incidentally, this is why women should never be in the army. 🙂

This is so true, the more I can sit still and just be, the more I expand and grow. I've been having some crazy insights of late, and *ahem* I've been getting some direct instructions from my plant teachers.

And I agree women should not be in the army...Though neither should men! : )

I take Wilhelm Reich's position - wars should only be fought by politicians and generals in hand to hand combat. By the way Fifth Column, I think you would really enjoy 'listen little man' by Reich. It's right up your alley.

Posted : January 20, 2020 9:00 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

we have enough psychopaths to have a war with each other, why use good people? i guess its not easy to get a bunch of killers together to get killed.

Posted : January 21, 2020 2:51 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

rani wrote: And I agree women should not be in the army...Though neither should men! : )

This is a damn near perfect example of the feminine taking a seed, enhancing it, and giving it back.

I've been getting some direct instructions from my plant teachers.

Man, if you felt like writing a post describing this interaction - I'd read it. It seems the shaman, when asked how they figured out the recipe for ayahuasca, state that the plants told them. I can't really fathom this yet. Not receptive enough.

Posted : January 24, 2020 7:40 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:

I've been getting some direct instructions from my plant teachers.

Man, if you felt like writing a post describing this interaction - I'd read it. It seems the shaman, when asked how they figured out the recipe for ayahuasca, state that the plants told them. I can't really fathom this yet. Not receptive enough.

Not much to say really, it's extremely simple. You just have to be quiet and listen. Firstly, I don't consume nearly any media, no tv, no movies, no radio, just a few podcasts. I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's quiet. I cultivate mindfulness. This has helped me have a really good discernment between what I generate internally , and what is generated from outside of my own consciousness bubble. This applies to thoughts, feelings, dreamscapes.

I can give you one simple, concrete example. I was outside tending my plants and I was having some trouble with my sinuses feeling a bit congested. I was sitting next to a lemon verbena plant, and she 'said' to me - If you rub your hands on me and then rub them on your face, you will feel much better.

It was like having a thought, but it was definitely third person and not 'Maybe if I tried...' . It was a suggestion from another, and not an idea that I had generated internally. It was like the most gentlest of nudges, a genuine smile from a stranger, a new knowing.

It's the old Taoist thing, the work is in not working.

Posted : January 30, 2020 11:27 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://runesoup.com/2020/05/talking-classical-chinese-medicine-with-brandt-stickley/

This latest episode from Rune Soup with Gordon White and Brandt Stickley talking about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) was very insightful and full of eastern wisdom.
It really widens one's perspectives to hear him talk of TCM's philosophy and how it manifests itself in the concrete, including at different scales: human body, ecological and planetary flows.
Following this holo-fractal (as above so below) perspective, the flow of blood is most primordial.
My current underlying view is that Water is to the Earth, what Blood is to our body. Likewise, under TCM, symptoms reflect conditions of the blood flows (inhibited or extracted). Dryness of the skin causes rashness = dryness of soil more prone to fires.
Last but not least, the discuss the morphing of TCM, and the more recent bastardisation resulting from the political dyes of the CCP.

Great stuff! This is especially great because Gordon White owns a permaculture/regenerative farm in Tasmania, and so he brings this ecological perspective to the conversation as well.
The two books mentioned for a beginner's dive into TCM were:

Returning to the Source by Z'ev Rosenberg

Classical Chinese Medicine by Liu Lihong
Here's the intro of it by translators:

*Know Thyself

Posted : June 1, 2020 6:35 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Bump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88pP_HiO5E

Posted : December 30, 2020 8:12 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

Righteous Bump, dude. I second.

Holy shit, man! I haven't looked at this in too long! I'm kinda proud of this thread! Feels like the old gang chugging together on all four. There's good stuff in here, man. What a goddamn good time you are, Nick! Righteous bump, stud.

Posted : December 30, 2020 9:07 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I have been delving into my personal issues, and long held crap form a a very very shitty childhood. totally gaslit into believing the deeply narcissistic, devouring adopted "mother" was actually a good enough parent and all my problems were of my own making and i didn't deserve parents like them as i was worthless and abandoned etc etc etc.
it is deep into my bones trauma - anyway been using Jung and dreams and active imagination etc etc to find the truth and change my story
so i suggest this channel as it is surprisingly common to have a devouring mother especially for people who gravitate to THC (looking for truth)
Mother complex playlist here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr0wsqIKlultFP3DD84vwWpJ2CmvTKIR4
and just 2 off the list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNlnOSeaaz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8o2ieSUKrU

Posted : December 31, 2020 1:01 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

[IMG align="left" width=263px] [/IMG]

Today, I'd like to share this great book called "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. As the title suggests, this book focuses on four seemingly simple, but profound, Toltec wisdom teachings that are key to liberating the mind and soul from mental parasites. It reminded me of the book on Wetiko by Paul Levy.

The simplest way to describe the book's main theme would be a cocktail of shamanic wisdom, Law of One and Know-thyself type philosophy. It's clear and concise, and I would whole-heartedly recommend it to any Truth-seeker, but perhaps especially to those who are relatively new onto their path as a mystical seeker. These seeds of wisdom will go a long way towards decluttering and nurturing happiness. Sounds cheesy, but I resonate with those four tenets.

I love and am intrigued by how close the toltec philosophies and rituals are found in other cultures, like say, the Elysian mysteries of Ancient Greece as described in Brian Muraresku's book, the Immortality Key. An example is the ritual initiation of Dying before Dying in order to be born/reincarnate..!

Last but not least, very short and easy to read, goes straight into your heart.

The short-clip below does a better summary of the book than I would. But if you're interested in hearing from the man himself, then I'd suggest the Noetics Institute Conf video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oPeEctLrvQ

A great book to mention for none other than Liberation Day. May Peace be with you always, fellow Higherside chatters. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHZBGmBjFtI

Posted : May 5, 2021 5:30 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Dr Robert Malone (inventor of the mRNA platform technology and outspoken critic of the current crisis) shared some tips for the new year to flex our critical thinking, so to speak.

They are maps of logical fallacies and cognitive biases with examples for each archetype to avoid the trap falls of illogical reasoning and false assumptions.

The posters are even available for free download so you can print them yourself.
This website also has a few card games in the same vein.
Thought I'd share it here 🙂

Posted : December 26, 2021 10:06 AM
Page 3 / 3
Share: