Notifications
Clear all

Spoon Bending

22 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dmunn3h)

Probably around 15 years ago or so I was actually supposed to attend one of Jack Houcks PK parties to learn the art of spoon bending! However I was also only 14/15 yo at the time and while I did my best to keep my plans hush my buddy spilled the beans and unsurprisingly my folks had a few issues with the premise of this meetup. Seemed like shortly thereafter he passed away, wasn’t meant to be!

Posted : August 6, 2021 4:25 PM
(@alogan)

Wild! Now there's some cool coincidence. @daltonsjorgen Maybe the time to train those mental muscles is now 😉

Posted : August 6, 2021 6:27 PM
(@kjahsdkfha)
Trusted Member

Yooo that's crazy. Definitely start a thread somewhere about growing up that way. Would love to hear more about that. I grew up in NV and was exposed to a lot of military base activity and always wondered about lights in the sky. Very curious about your backyard sightings.

Yess, I am down to start that thread! I love to connect with other people who have grown up in that arena. I get the feeling a lot more people experience high strangeness and either don't recognize it as such or choose to ignore it so yeah.. love to talk about that stuff.

I'd say just start small. Getting familiar with Tarot and doing small readings was a great way to start working my intuition muscles. I've also always had a very strong gut sense and this has helped me to discern those feelings and utilize them better. I've also heard about plenty of apps & sites for beginning the journey.

I've actually been an avid tarot reader for several years - although I still consider myself to be a beginner as I am 100% self taught and it can take a while to fill in all of the gaps - but that's kind of my preferred way to do things. I'm also very in tune with my team of guides/ancestors etc. so if that sort of things helps in doing PK then I am at the starting line. (Yay!) I think my biggest hurdle will be getting over the mental block (from not wanting to freak people out) that I still carry from childhood.

Thanks for the resources, can't wait to dive into those!

Posted : August 7, 2021 12:48 PM
(@alogan)

Right on! Grow and let it flow. I'm headed to the woods for a grounding and an earth nap. Best of luck with your practice! I need to get on that psy wheel game when I get back too.

Posted : August 7, 2021 1:24 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
The classic internet goth bridge dance party bit brings back memories. There was a great homage to it in Danny McBrides the Righteous Gemstones a few years ago.

So dude, I couldn't get far with the Righteous Gemstones. Alotta those series take a season or two to get crankin, so maybe I'll have another look. I did look up this, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdglnt2ABU

I am become Keef. The destroyer of potential poontang opportunities.

Danny McBride bugs me, though. He's THE most God-graced-with-funny person since Jack Black. The charisma, the energy. Where's his killer app? Did I miss it? Nobody seems to be able to put the words in that dude's mouth that flex his muscle to maximum capacity.

So I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Here's the line I wanna see Danny McBride deliver:

"Under no circumstances am I fuckin a horse. Especially not after two Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruitys, dude. Some of us aren't sixteen anymore."

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : August 17, 2021 5:07 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

fifthcolumn wrote:
Danny McBride bugs me, though. He's THE most God-graced-with-funny person since Jack Black. The charisma, the energy. Where's his killer app? Did I miss it? Nobody seems to be able to put the words in that dude's mouth that flex his muscle to maximum capacity.

I like McBride a lot--him and Jody Hill grew up in the same region I did and it really hits home (Jody Hill's wife went to college just down the road from me)--knew dozens of dudes just like them, am a bit like them myself. So my judgement is clouded

In terms of killer app--Eastbound and Down would have to be it if it's there. McBride probably should have played the main character in "Observe and Report" instead of Seth Rogen, and if he had I think that would have been his mark. If that isn't your cup of tea then he's just not maximally to your taste. I think Gemstones is great, but it does keep him a bit too bottled up.

Posted : August 17, 2021 6:21 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
In terms of killer app--Eastbound and Down would have to be it if it's there.

Yeah, stud, I turned off Eastbound. But I did watch a review of gemstones. "These are just guys I do car pranks with," is GENIUS.

McBride in Observe and Report is fucking interesting man...

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : August 17, 2021 9:23 PM
Page 2 / 2
Share: