Spoon Bending

22 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Ever since I read Michael Crichton's travel autobiography (ironically uncreatively named "Travels") I've been perplexed by his account of attending a "spoon bending" party, and that he himself managed to effectively bend a spoon by paranormal means while attending. While there is a large body of evidence pointing to the reality of P.K. (psychokinesis ), it either takes the form of extremely small effects (such as making a radioactive substance decay in an unusual pattern), or is restricted to single, talented individuals or events--and thus liable to being "explained away" ad hoc.

But according to Crichton there was an eerospace engineer, Jack Houck, going around having "PK parties" where people would bring spoons and other metal items, and manage to bend them with their minds in a group activity... just seems crazy that this was happening and there wasn't any more discussion about it. A guy would go around having parties where he taught people to bend spoons with their minds, and it worked (or, Crichton testifies to that effect), and it just wasn't talked about?!

There is a video on youtube of one ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFsfaCIE34s) and... well, it stumps me. I can never see a spoon actually bending in the video, but the metal does get bent, and the peoples' reactions all seem genuine, they obviously aren't actors and it being some kind of weird promotion or prank just doesn't make sense either.

Do any THCers have any insights on this? Any experiences?

Posted : June 8, 2021 9:36 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLr1i3gxUT8

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : June 11, 2021 2:10 AM
(@alogan)

I used to see a witch for energy readings in the form of aura pastels and toward the end of our sessions, she mentioned spoon bending and intention exercises. Told me I was getting in my own way, stagnating, and had a rank aura. Sometimes the truth hurts. But she showed me some of her bent pieces and then pulled out a penny and said

"Look. You can do anything you actually want to do but you have to do the damn thing."

As she firmly pressed the penny into an iron beam supporting a door of the cafe we were in. It stuck to the beam and she continued the rest of our reading with some tarot and trying to set me up with the barista. The rest of the hour I was there, that penny stared at me from that beam behind her until she turned around and smirked to see it still there. She plucked it off the beam, put her metal away, and looked up at me to say

"See?"

Fast-forward two years and I'm living in a new state I only meant to travel too (which she said would happen. "oh, i dont think youre coming back"), have started doing some meaningful tarot readings for people, and have worked on a spoon of my own. There's a lot of reality behind the PK phenomena but ,to me at least, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense, and thats why we don't hear about these parties. Anything that provides fuel for the self created/intended universe fire, gets ignored above ground & researched below.

Posted : June 11, 2021 1:49 PM
(@alogan)

fifthcolumn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLr1i3gxUT8

Very nice. Might be time for me to get at that wheel.

Posted : June 11, 2021 2:06 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

alogan wrote:
.... There's a lot of reality behind the PK phenomena but ,to me at least, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense, and thats why we don't hear about these parties. Anything that provides fuel for the self created/intended universe fire, gets ignored above ground & researched below.

You know, that's been the hardest part about re-investigating many of these phenomena now as an adult. When I was a kid, I loved this stuff, but it was always present in my mind filtered through the lens of our culture, i.e. either as imaginative fantasy or as an extension of the literalistic, materialistic paradigm that dominates the world.

But looking on it critically with adult eyes this stuff just really is disturbing to me. It doesn't make sense. No explanation, paranormal or normal, is satisfactory.

But it is there.

Posted : June 11, 2021 2:55 PM
(@alogan)

Totally. I was talking with a friend who ended up in Ireland after a tarot session we had, and he was talking about how amazing his trip has been and how he is seriously considering hunkering down there instead of coming back. He wanted to talk because that decision made him happy, yet also very scared and sad to think about what's being left behind/sacrificed.

It made me think about how in this life, the universe/god/architect has a currency that the predatory bankers are essentially trying to imitate. I think life's currency runs off our cognition, belief, and experience in a way, and depends on what things we are willing to sacrifice. Sometime we sacrifice our van life freedom in the states for a meaningful job & friend in Ireland, and sometimes we may have to sacrifice our need for rationality in order to receive a greater understanding of this experience.

Or not, you know? It's very uncomfortable for people to go beyond levels that they are ready for until they've been primed for them or found the right mentor/method/etc. And thats ok too. So I think just even being aware of what we are and aren't comfortable with acknowledging is a very powerful tool to have.

Posted : June 11, 2021 3:27 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

I've heard people say that Attention is the currency they seek from you. And that's very true, but I think you put a much more robust definition on it, man. They want your attention in order to mold your cognition, belief, and experience of this world.

This fuckin conversation made my day! You two swingin' dicks are in for a WILD RIDE. Those panzies who lucked out and were brought up with religion'll have an easier time than you poor bastards will!!! Ain't that a bitch?

I only sound like a dick because I had to go through the exact same bullshit. I used to be you guys. It ain't easy watching evrything you thought was true crumble around you. Find yourself bargaining and then altering the bargain.

"Well, 9-11 was definitely an inside job, but those moon landing deniers are outta their minds."

"Well, ok dude, the moon landing's bullshit and they've been lying to us about nutrition, health, politics, history, science and every damn thing else. But magic? I can SEE how they fucked up the moon landing shots, buddy. I don't ever see fireballs whizzing through the air on my drive to work..."

"Ok, I'm down with the whole magic thing, but those retards spewing this fairy bullshit are makin us all look bad."

Until you reach the inescapable conclusion. The fatal last truth.

"The asshole who believes in fairies cannot make fun of the asshole who believes in unicorns."

If you're man enough to give up all those self-righteous illusions that you've built your whole life on, the universe will start looking a lot more like you intend. And not how THEY intend.

Jh, bro, you are a fuckin sledgehammer on the covid shit. All balls and the knowledge to back it. I wanna party with you.

Logan, CRAZY fuckin spoon! You charge for readings? Coolest fuckin mask in the room, bro. Takes me here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCjTO5ryLV8

I got a lotta shit written in here about ascension and magic. I tried to come at it from a materialist atheist perspective- cause those are my roots. I think it can help dudes like us to think about the world in different terms.

Materialist science seems to need to know what the conclusion of the experiment is so then it can then say "This is it. This is how the universe operates." And I think it serves the truly scientific mind to stop claiming it knows how the universe operates and assume a more humble perspective of finding models that work.

You two studs just made my fuckin day! This is the universe I wanna exist in.

You ever wanna bounce ideas or talk shop, hit me up.

Posted : June 11, 2021 5:47 PM
(@alogan)

fifthcolumn wrote:
This fuckin conversation made my day! You two swingin' dicks are in for a WILD RIDE. Those panzies who lucked out and were brought up with religion'll have an easier time than you poor bastards will!!! Ain't that a bitch?

HILARIOUS. Yes I think that often.

"How is it so easy for all of them to ignore this...why do they all look so happy? Will I ever be that happy again?"

Some serious karmic bullshitery going on here. But "whatever, im doing my own thing now" has been my new answer to those questions recently, which is only marginally better than "fuck this, im out" which had been my answer prior to learning about how much control we have and after learning about how backwards everything is. Now I'm aiming for "alright, imma get my shit together so i can help my closest do the same at their own paces until i better understand how to use this intention ass bullshit for the better"

Glad we're getting to a place where this stuff can be discussed. I have a ton of ideas and see many new(old) systems we could use to change this world for the better, just usually no one to share them with. We'll definitely have the craic!

Also, yes I work in a finish room and wear that mask most a lot. Then cleaning chicken coops and old dusty attics at the grandparents. Now I see the functionality of these things that people wore just for fun. The tech-goth steampunk group are always a good time though. That dance vid was rad. I spent a few years at burning man and came to enjoy the deep tech house scene & the critters that thrived in it. Man, they'd be proud of me now!

Posted : June 11, 2021 6:51 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The classic internet goth bridge dance party bit brings back memories. There was a great homage to it in Danny McBrides the Righteous Gemstones a few years ago.

Posted : June 11, 2021 9:12 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

alogan wrote:
"How is it so easy for all of them to ignore this...why do they all look so happy?

Man, are you kidding me? The path you're on is the hardest one there is. The lonliest. They can see that. They ain't got the balls for that shit. Shit like that's left to the heavy hitters in this forum.

Yeah, don't seem like the people around me want my help. So I've circled back around to "fuck this, I'm out."

Posted : June 11, 2021 10:53 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
The classic internet goth bridge dance party bit brings back memories. There was a great homage to it in Danny McBrides the Righteous Gemstones a few years ago.

Hey J, you knuckle-draggin science monkey, check this shit out. In a universe that is based on intent, you are looking to maximize procedural confirmation bias. Can you name the one medical research principle that proves this methodology out to a scientific certainty?

Just a fun place to start for a lab-coat. I'm off to check out the Righteous Gemstones.

Posted : June 11, 2021 11:03 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

What good there is to science is just honest, careful, investigation and common sense based, open-minded reasoning. There is damn near nothing of the sort in medical research now. It's either outright dishonest, intellectually lazy, or a word salad of obscurantist jargon and dogmatism.

Posted : June 11, 2021 11:31 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
It's either outright dishonest, intellectually lazy, or a word salad of obscurantist jargon and dogmatism.

Agreed.

But there's one thing they're still forced to do. They'd get rid of it if they could. But the science is inescapable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfRVCaA5o18

Posted : June 13, 2021 8:52 PM
(@kjahsdkfha)
Trusted Member

A.Lo wrote:
I used to see a witch for energy readings in the form of aura pastels and toward the end of our sessions, she mentioned spoon bending and intention exercises. Told me I was getting in my own way, stagnating, and had a rank aura. Sometimes the truth hurts. But she showed me some of her bent pieces and then pulled out a penny and said

"Look. You can do anything you actually want to do but you have to do the damn thing."

As she firmly pressed the penny into an iron beam supporting a door of the cafe we were in. It stuck to the beam and she continued the rest of our reading with some tarot and trying to set me up with the barista. The rest of the hour I was there, that penny stared at me from that beam behind her until she turned around and smirked to see it still there. She plucked it off the beam, put her metal away, and looked up at me to say

"See?"

Fast-forward two years and I'm living in a new state I only meant to travel too (which she said would happen. "oh, i dont think youre coming back"), have started doing some meaningful tarot readings for people, and have worked on a spoon of my own. There's a lot of reality behind the PK phenomena but ,to me at least, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense, and thats why we don't hear about these parties. Anything that provides fuel for the self created/intended universe fire, gets ignored above ground & researched below.

Love this story and it confirms a lot for me. Not to get too far out there, but growing up my dad worked in government contracts for TI and Raytheon. I saw UFO's in our backyard and experienced my fair share of "programming" all while being raised hardcore evangelical and being taught that magic and paranormal things do NOT exist. It was a mind fuck to say the least.

Anyways, as a kid I knew from the depths of my soul that I could do PK and often tried - but I also knew if I was successful that my conservative parents would freak out - so it never actually worked. I've thought about those moments as a kid attempting PK my entire adult life. Would love to learn how!

Posted : August 6, 2021 12:46 PM
(@alogan)

AlienneSlam wrote:
Love this story and it confirms a lot for me. Not to get too far out there, but growing up my dad worked in government contracts for TI and Raytheon. I saw UFO's in our backyard and experienced my fair share of "programming" all while being raised hardcore evangelical and being taught that magic and paranormal things do NOT exist. It was a mind fuck to say the least.

Yooo that's crazy. Definitely start a thread somewhere about growing up that way. Would love to hear more about that. I grew up in NV and was exposed to a lot of military base activity and always wondered about lights in the sky. Very curious about your backyard sightings.

Anyways, as a kid I knew from the depths of my soul that I could do PK and often tried - but I also knew if I was successful that my conservative parents would freak out - so it never actually worked. I've thought about those moments as a kid attempting PK my entire adult life. Would love to learn how!

I'd say just start small. Getting familiar with Tarot and doing small readings was a great way to start working my intuition muscles. I've also always had a very strong gut sense and this has helped me to discern those feelings and utilize them better. I've also heard about plenty of apps & sites for beginning the journey.

http://www.psychic101.com/telekinesis.html

https://www.mysticmag.com/psychic-reading/how-to-do-telekinesis-in-easy-steps/

https://www.psychokinesispowers.com/telekinesis-training

I like the format of the last one, personally

Posted : August 6, 2021 2:22 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: