Clear all

October Episodes Fail!

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@pulsarhi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Mr. Carlwood, we seem to be cutting it real close on our episode count for October! Are we going to have the 5 episodes you promised us for our $$$? Better get out of those pajamas and get to work buddy! This is not what I expected when I decided to continue supporting the show after the price increase!

Does anyone have some ideas how we can help out our drowning host pull himself out of the mire and get some episodes in the can??

Posted : October 30, 2018 5:30 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Give the man some slacks. There've been 4 episodes, including the joint sessions this month. I think the quality of latest episodes have been very high, I'm content with that. ✌️

Posted : October 30, 2018 6:30 PM
(@pulsarhi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Guys, we all love the show or we wouldn't be here. I'm just holding Mr. Carlwood to his word. He loves to brag about how this is his full-time job and how he gets to lounge in his pajamas and have no boss. I honestly wouldn't have said anything if it didn't sound like bragging in a few cases. I know I perform better when I know people are watching, so I'm just trying to remind our host that he isn't just talking into a vacuum. We are here and we are supporting the show, trying to get some relief because I AM still in the grind. I have a boss, and this show is a great way to get to work at 4am. It's the best, and really only one worth it's salt. Unfortunately, when you are a high-performer, you also have a greater expectation to continue that level of performance. It's natural to slack though and we know there were some guest issues / editing vacations, but still....gotta plan for that stuff. Make it happen, you know? Constructive criticism. It really works.

Posted : October 31, 2018 8:44 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Well, so much for not having a boss. . . I hope it was good while it lasted Greg.

Posted : October 31, 2018 1:51 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

One thing that doesnt help is it takes about 8 days to edit and release it. theres no commercials, thats all i care about. i actully like errors, thats just me

Posted : October 31, 2018 3:37 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

sirujux wrote: One thing that doesnt help is it takes about 8 days to edit and release it. theres no commercials, thats all i care about. i actully like errors, thats just me

That's a good point. I wonder how much difference all the editing does to the episodes. Personally, I'm a big fan of Rogan (even if I don't agree with a lot of his views), and granted the man is a gifted/skilled comedian, but his show are pretty much unedited for the most part. And it works.
Then again, to each his own.

Posted : October 31, 2018 11:57 PM
(@pulsarhi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

OK! Here we go! Maybe we don't need so much editing? Could that help to get more episodes in the can? I like that you guys can help out on this issue. Helps me not feel like so much of a D-I-C-K......

Posted : November 1, 2018 9:24 AM
(@pulsarhi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Actually, we are also paying for the editing as well, so maybe we can go back to $5/month and we can get some unedited content?? What do people think? I mean, I can tolerate the Grimerica boys without ANY editing and I don't pay them except for a couple donations here and there. Let's trim the fat here and maybe we can make this a simpler system.

Posted : November 1, 2018 9:28 AM
(@pulsarhi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

OK. At the buzzer, our host comes Through with the last episode on Halloween! Happy Haunting everyone! Thanks for listening to the rant, I will humbly take credit for lighting the fire under Greg's butt to get this episode in time! ;P

Posted : November 1, 2018 9:49 AM
Share: