5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
twf
 twf
(@twf)
Topic starter

Hi guys,

I'm from NZ (why so many of us, all of a sudden?) but have been pretty much a nomad in Europe for the last 5 years. I work as a freelance coder. Have been listening to the show for about 6 months. Especially interested in alchemy, goetia/invocation, esoteric/hidden tech, energetic grids, the mysteries of the poles, the truth about pre history, and alternative lifestyles/economies.

Do any NZers have any good stories about the Patupaiarehe? I remember reading some cool witness accounts online a few years ago, but misplaced 'em.

There's also this cool alternative theory about other early settlers in NZ from the middle east via south america, red-haired people led by the chief Orongo, who mixed with the Polynesian tribes who were already here (who they say, at that time they were not yet known as Maori). There are landmarks in the north named after him and his tribe. They may be similar to the Ngati Hotu in the Waikato, who were mostly killed in tribal wars.

Thanks Greg for your dedication and enthusiasm. Such a diverse and fun show. And you let the guests talk.

Posted : June 13, 2017 8:43 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Welcome, living that Tim Ferris/Digital Nomad life huh? Very cool.

A NZ/Aus trip is so high on my list, but just thinking about the flight time gives me chest pains.

Cool theory though, thanks for signing up!

Posted : June 13, 2017 10:18 PM
twf
 twf
(@twf)
Topic starter

Have enjoyed the travel but having to work around the systems at every step of the way (visas, tax etc) is tough.

Yeah man the flight is even longer from Europe. The trick is to break it up halfway, if you can, I spend a few days in Asia or Canada. And take sedatives.

Posted : June 14, 2017 7:05 AM
(@foresee)

twf wrote: Hi guys,

I'm from NZ (why so many of us, all of a sudden?) but have been pretty much a nomad in Europe for the last 5 years. I work as a freelance coder. Have been listening to the show for about 6 months. Especially interested in alchemy, goetia/invocation, esoteric/hidden tech, energetic grids, the mysteries of the poles, the truth about pre history, and alternative lifestyles/economies.

Do any NZers have any good stories about the Patupaiarehe? I remember reading some cool witness accounts online a few years ago, but misplaced 'em.

There's also this cool alternative theory about other early settlers in NZ from the middle east via south america, red-haired people led by the chief Orongo, who mixed with the Polynesian tribes who were already here (who they say, at that time they were not yet known as Maori). There are landmarks in the north named after him and his tribe. They may be similar to the Ngati Hotu in the Waikato, who were mostly killed in tribal wars.

Thanks Greg for your dedication and enthusiasm. Such a diverse and fun show. And you let the guests talk.

Wow first time I've heard of those beings.. I've done slot of trips up te aroha and coromadel I do recreational gold panning in the area never come across one but will keep an eye n ear out! Yeah ive watched a doco on youtube about nz history like the Chinese conming here and maby celtics probably alot that's burried waiting to be found.. welcome back to country anyway!

Posted : June 14, 2017 10:50 AM
twf
 twf
(@twf)
Topic starter

Recreational gold planning sounds super relaxing.

Heh yeah I think people mean two different things regarding the Patupaiarehe - the possibility they were a fair-skinned, red-headed human tribe, and the other, that they were / are some kind of humanoid cryptid or alien. Would be cool to hear some legends from an elder or something.

Re. the Chinese, that's not an alt-theory, it's well-documented they came for gold especially in the South Island and interbred with the Maori down there. They were here not long after the Europeans. I found out recently that I am a tiny bit Chinese, due to their mixing with some of my Maori ancestors generations ago.

Not in NZ right now, but try to visit every year (chasing summer)! Cheers

Posted : June 14, 2017 1:55 PM
Share: