Personal self defen...

Notifications
Clear all

Personal self defense in increasinly tense times.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

As tension increases in the world our personal safety is a concern.

In the search for something that fits the roll of defensive weapon thats easy to have at hand at all times I found the cane.

Just a plain old wooden cane with a hook handle and no surprises. Something that can be had for less than 20 bucks. No hidden gun or sword. No big brass ball on a stick. That's a felony bludgeon.

The cane is a medical device so you can carry it anywhere. The bank, the store, on an airplane, to the movies, in the white house. If some security/LEO does take it he will be responsible if you fall. Be sure to get his/her name and employee number. You know, for the lawsuit. And because of HIPA laws no one can ask why you carry it. Even if it was lost replacements are cheap.

Ok great, so you can carry your cane. Big deal...But wait its a 36 inch X 1 inch hickory bat that is always in your hand or very close by. Its said that anywhere a cane strikes bone it'll break that bone.

People have been fighting with canes for as long as people have walked on two legs. So there is plenty of history and training available.

If you have any fight training the cane is pretty easy to adapt to. Its just an extension of your arm.

Personally I am a swing the stick to establish a safe range, make sure I punish anyone who violates that range, and yell my head off to attract attention kinda guy. I'm not interested in wrist locks or shoulder throws in a life or death fight. My opponent, who picked this fight, might have a knife. I don't wanna be up close.

Last thing. It fits well in the “gray man” concept. “Invisibility” by blending into the background. You can look weak or strong carrying a cane just by posture. And I don't have a $1000+ gun on my hip that is more valuable than any wallet around me. And hence a target for theft.

Posted : May 5, 2020 5:20 AM
Share: