Clear all

The Awesome Film Megapost

113 Posts
23 Users
5 Likes
(@rockanomicon)

Title: Fishing with Gandhi
Year: 1998
Synopsis: Danno hitches a ride with twin rednecks Roy and Gil.

Trailer: https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Gandhi-James-Reichmuth/dp/B01J2GV7WM
Can be streamed via Amazon Prime. Might be able to pick up a used copy on DVD.

Posted : August 28, 2016 4:11 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for posting where to find the video, great writeup. I watched this based on your recommendation and while it is B-grade (mostly in some of the special effects) the acting wasn't bad. They kept things rather nebulous with a lot of "I dunnos" and crossover of anomalous phenomena the way it is presented but I would have to agree with your overall assesment of *spoiler alert* it being related to the Djinn.

Posted : September 1, 2016 1:50 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The previous post was supposed to in reply to toddpowelson's post below:

The Objective

I watched a film called The Objective this week that I’m still thinking about, and I’ll probably watch it again real soon.

It’s about a CIA agent who is sent out into the deserts of Afghanistan with a small squad of US soldiers to look into weird radioactive satellite readings. I can’t really add any more without spoiling, * so spoilers (or possible spoilers) * Out in the desert the squad starts coming across ghosts, orbs, UFO/vimana… but I really think all of the strange phenomena was really caused by the Jinn, fire spirits, although I don’t remember them saying that outright. Vimana were brought up briefly though. *

This is a B movie for sure and it shows sometimes, but it was also really well done, I thought. I don’t remember where I heard about the movie, a recommendation a while back that I added to my amazon watch list, noticed it was still there, and finally decided to check out. I’m glad I did.

Here is a link to the film on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PYFE6Y/ref=dv_web_wtls_list_pr_6

Posted : September 1, 2016 1:55 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

It's good to be back after this long hiatus.
I have been exposed to quite a few amazing internet shows; films and more during this time. So here's a quick rundown.

Stranger Things (Netflix Original)
2016; 1 Season (8 episodes) Season 2 announced
Story: The incredible story of a kid who mysteriously disappears at the same time that a secret black ops program has gone haywire. This is a must-see for any THC fan. It has all the mysteries of a Montauk oroject; ESP, including TK and all. Without divulging too much, I consider this a major disclosure related entertainment.

Wisdom Teachings with David Wilcock (Gaiam TV exclusive)
2012 - Present
23 seasons (as of Oct. 2016)
This is a breath-taking show covering a lot of topics that's seen/heard on the THC show: Source Field, Consciousness and Torsion fields (N.Kozyrev); Pyramid technology and so much more. David Wilcock presents these fascinating topics that have really opened my mind. It'/ one thing to hear about Portals and Pyramids. It's another to understand how they work and the underlying science behind it. Fascinating, entertaining and above all a wealth of knowledge that would be hard to come by. Each episodes is a digestible 30-min long.

Cosmic Disclosure with Corey Goode & David Wilcock (Gaiam TV exclusive)
2014 - Present (6 seasons)
This is another one of David Wilcock'/ fabulous show, mostly centered around interviews with whistleblower Corey Goode who was involved for twenty years as a psychic/empath for the Secret Space Program, in what they call a "20&back". Though this is less scientifically backed and more anecdotal in its format, the information disclosed by Goode is nothing short of fascinating. Personally, I have found a lot of substantial evidence backed by other whistleblowers stories and infos, and also with the sciences uncovered in Wisdom Teachings and here on THC. Topics include the other ETs & interdimensional entities; Lunar Operation Command (LOC); Portal and Time-travel technology; Sphere beings & Much more.

A little caveat regarding Gaia TV: it's a subscription based platform similar to Netflix offering a vast catalogue focusing on spirituality, hidden, or alternative sciences; conspiracy truth and even yoga. I tried the introductory offer of $20 for 3-months and so far this is one of the best investments I have made. If you really dont want to pay but wish to try, give me PM. But I can assure you if you're here on THC, then this is your lucky day.

Gaia TV

?✌?

Posted : October 8, 2016 6:07 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Title: The Challenge of Rudolf Steiner
Year: 2012
Synopsis: For those fortunate enough to encounter them, the unique insights and research of Rudolf Steiner into subjects such as education, medicine and agriculture have long been a source of wonder and inspiration. Since his death in 1925, Steiner's vision has grown in both relevance and urgency, yet there are many people still unaware of his life and work. The Challenge of Rudolf Steiner, from the British film-maker Jonathan Stedall, aims to take the story to a wider audience.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmrQ75xaFck
For the full movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIDxIKBqLA http://rudolfsteinerfilm.squarespace.com/

Posted : October 16, 2016 1:58 PM
(@toddpowelson)

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell

Another fictional series that I re-watched again recently is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Basically, it's about two magicians trying to bring magic back to England, and they're dropped right into the land of the Fae... or it overlaps onto their own lives. A great show! The series is also available on Netflix: www.netflix.com/title/80048569

Posted : October 18, 2016 2:13 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I definitley have to second Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell which gives a hearty nod to the real fairy tales of lore - it even has a changeling.

Posted : October 18, 2016 2:50 AM
(@toddpowelson)

Oh yeah, the changeling was great! Even made out of an old piece of wood. Classic lore, love it

Posted : October 18, 2016 3:08 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Title: Myths, Magic, and Monsters
Year: 2007
Synopsis: Anthropologist Dr. Lawrence Blair hosts this series on the myths, legends, anthropology, and shamanism of Indonesia.

Dr. Lawrence Blair

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXPVMV3637E
For the full movie: Available on Amazon Video, free for prime members.

Posted : October 28, 2016 6:52 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Title: Requiem for the American Dream
Year: 2015
Synopsis: The definitive discourse with Noam Chomsky, on the defining characteristic of our time - the deliberate concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a select few. Through interviews filmed over four years, Chomsky unpacks the principles that have brought us to the crossroads of historically unprecedented inequality - tracing a half century of policies designed to favor the most wealthy at the expense of the majority - while also looking back on his own life of activism and political participation. Profoundly personal and thought provoking, Chomsky provides penetrating insight into what may well be the lasting legacy of our time - the death of the middle class, and swan song of functioning democracy. A potent reminder that power ultimately rests in the hands of the governed, REQUIEM is required viewing for all who maintain hope in a shared stake in the future.

Trailer: Requiem for the American Dream - Trailer
For the full movie: Available on Netflix watch instantly platform, Itunes, and Vimeo.

Posted : December 3, 2016 7:10 PM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

Title:
Counter-Intelligence: Shining a Light on Black Operations (Directed by Scott Noble)
Year: 2013
Synopsis: The title is a summary of sorts.If you haven't seen this 5-part documentary, stop what you are doing right this second & turn it on. This is an EXTREMELY comprehensive look at the Intelligence Complex.

Part 1 - The Company (78:33) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8wQ9_fZ3Mc
Part 2 - The Deep State (85:25)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YtsnKjCaZrI
Part 3 - Strategy of Tension (55:09)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wartD6l8Ob8
Part 4 - Necrophilius (116:03)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2MtA7j4vMrw
Part 5 - Drone Nation (55:04)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DDUOHlVYTXo

Posted : December 8, 2016 12:54 AM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

All parts of "Counter Intelligence" are on youtube. I also found them on a eye-patched website.
I'm a documentary hound.. I've seen all of them. Even if you aren't interested in learning about the Military Industrial Intelligence Complex, you still need to see this. All 5 parts. I'm serious... go now!

Posted : December 8, 2016 12:58 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Title: Kuru: The Science and The Sorcery
Year: 2010
Synopsis: A medical detective story that unearths cannibalism and sorcery, amidst a tragic epidemic deep in the heart of Papua New Guinea.

Trailer: KURU - The Science and the Sorcery. Trailer
For the full movie: Kuru: The Science and The Sorcery

P.S. I found the old lady talking about eating people with the biggest smile on her face quite creepy. What's even creepier is the facts presented by the DNA evidence that cannibalism has been more common in the past than is widely recognized.

[attachment file=6685]

Posted : December 8, 2016 3:39 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Title: WELCOME TO TERRORLAND: 9/11, Mohamed Atta and the Venice Flying Circus
Year: 2003
Synopsis: Three of the four terrorist pilots learned to fly in tiny Venice, Florida, a sleepy retirement community with the second oldest population of any city in the entire United States.They attended flight schools owned by two Dutch nationals, one of whom has Mob ties. Did 19 Arab terrorists from desert Kingdoms roam around in Florida as if they'd been listening to Tom Petty albums all their lives all by themselves? Or were they being trained here in a still-secret covert intelligence operation that somehow went horribly wrong?This program details our search for the answers to these questions.

Trailer: Mohamed Atta and the Venice Flying Circus
For the full movie: WELCOME TO TERRORLAND: 9/11, Mohamed Atta and the Venice Flying Circus - FEATURE FILM

Bonus interview with Mohammed Atta's girlfriend, should not be missed. Describes the man who gave Mohammed Atta his orders named Wolfgang:
THE SECRET WORLD OF MOHAMED ATTA

Posted : December 10, 2016 3:28 AM
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member

"Myth, Magic, and Monsters" is wonderful. I am too busy to watch much TV anymore, but this one was definitely worth the time. Dr. Blair does a great job of presenting the mundane as extraordinary and the other-worldly as matter of fact.

Shamangineer you are appreciated.

Posted : January 8, 2017 6:33 PM
Page 2 / 8
Share: