Notifications
Clear all

What episode discussed benzodiazepines?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@somuchfersnow)
Topic starter

Hello all! I can't remember the episode a freak months about. It was a woman guest and she had bad experiences with medications including benzodiazepines. If anyone happens to recall what episode that was, I will be grateful! Thank you!

Posted : November 26, 2019 6:24 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I don't recall but this is a good candidate
https://www.thehighersidechats.com/marion-nestle-food-politics-industry-funded-research-the-unsavory-truth/

I do recall Dr Joe Dispenza in a a interview said that Diazapam suppresses the the fight or flight autonomic response in the vagus nerve - so If you've had early life trauma that switched on the danger signal to the vagus nerve and it remains on and you've adapted to it then diazapam can help in relaxing that trigger response and the constant danger signal your vagus nerve didn't learn to sooth in early childhood (parents told you to suck it up etc)
If Diazapam is used on a healthy responding vagus nerve it can cause long term damage even when you come off them.

ps I'm not a doctor but experienced

Posted : November 27, 2019 12:37 AM
(@wolf1122)

somuchfersnow wrote: Hello all! I can't remember the episode a freak months about. It was a woman guest and she had bad experiences with medications including benzodiazepines. If anyone happens to recall what episode that was, I will be grateful! Thank you!

I too have been hunting for this episode... Pretty sure the main topic is not benzodiazepines but what blew me away was when the guest started describing coming to a realization this was an outright addiction - something she said sounded exactly like my dad who's been on these for 15+ years and trying to "step down" for 5 (unsuccessfully).

Going from memory, I believe the recommendation was the Ashton protocol, but would love to revisit that episode if anyone finds it:
https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Posted : November 27, 2019 6:00 AM
Share: