Knives and art of intention

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I am currently in the process of creating a business in art. I am slowly making steps to become a full time artist and just made my first real steps in writing my business plan.

For those who wish to enquire further or have any advice as a move down this path.
I make knives and intention art. I like things of function so if you are looking for an Athame or a bush craft knife, skinner, combat, culinary or otherwise, I love making them and shaping them.
Also a painter, sculptor, jeweler, designer, and moving into other hobbies and understandings all the time.

The biggest thing that has gotten me stuck is that I don't want to make 300 of the same thing, but would rather make a one of a kind special item that is tailored to you, for you based on our interactions and what I can read from who you are.

What are your thoughts?

Posted : February 2, 2021 2:58 AM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Dude those knives are awesome! Is that bottom one Demascus steel? I've thought about investing in quality knives, but if you're not careful you can pay a lot and get a product that's quite easy to ruin. I have some great friends that are knife enthusiasts. Maybe I can hit you up next time a birthday is coming around or something?

Either way, best of luck out there!

Posted : February 19, 2021 6:59 AM
(@haunted4life)

ziathen wrote: I am currently in the process of creating a business in art. I am slowly making steps to become a full time artist and just made my first real steps in writing my business plan.

For those who wish to enquire further or have any advice as a move down this path.
I make knives and intention art. I like things of function so if you are looking for an Athame or a bush craft knife, skinner, combat, culinary or otherwise, I love making them and shaping them.
Also a painter, sculptor, jeweler, designer, and moving into other hobbies and understandings all the time.

The biggest thing that has gotten me stuck is that I don't want to make 300 of the same thing, but would rather make a one of a kind special item that is tailored to you, for you based on our interactions and what I can read from who you are.

What are your thoughts?

Posted : March 6, 2021 7:46 PM
(@haunted4life)

haunted4life wrote:

Your knives looks sick!

Posted : March 6, 2021 7:47 PM
Neuron Crux
(@neuron-crux)
Estimable Member

Nice work!
I've been blacksmithing on and off for over 20 years.
I've made athame daggers for occult practitioners, along with a few Japanese style pieces and a small amount of damascus.
My dad was friends with Bill Moran, the man who practically revolutionized modern "damascus" pattern-welded steel.
I still enjoy this kind of work, but have had too many other endeavors on my plate to make a full-time go of it.
Best of luck to you.

Posted : March 15, 2021 12:19 AM
(@jduiguid)
Eminent Member

Seems like a great idea and awesome work! Do you think doing a design for each zodiac sign or something like that would give you the variety?

Posted : April 7, 2021 3:31 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

The patterns on the metal are mesmerising

Do you have any more pics to share? Different types of knives?
Do you do sets?

Posted : April 10, 2021 9:58 PM
(@alogan)

Dude, you're one of the New/Same Earth Artisans who is definitely needed to equip humanity with the tools they need to create the next wave. A big part of why I am here and enjoy supporting the Carlwood, is because those who care about your interaction with them deserve our support ($). Not nameless places like Rei, Cabellas, etc. And there are an increasing amount of us who feel this way. So definitely follow that pursuit and I'm on the same.

I very much like the intention aspect of the buisness and using diversity to fuel the process over monotony. If you were open to doing "readings" off of phone calls, letters, pictures, etc you could probably keep yourself as busy as you'd need.

I guess the only fully functioning piece of advice I could give you is to not let any doubters or naysays get in the way. You gotta sweet model, so run with it.

Posted : June 8, 2021 12:41 AM
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

TheCarlwood wrote:
Dude those knives are awesome! Is that bottom one Demascus steel? I've thought about investing in quality knives, but if you're not careful you can pay a lot and get a product that's quite easy to ruin. I have some great friends that are knife enthusiasts. Maybe I can hit you up next time a birthday is coming around or something?

Either way, best of luck out there!

They are actually both damascus, that would be awesome, I love working with people to create items of intention. lemme know!

Posted : June 13, 2021 12:26 AM
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

smaddy wrote:
The patterns on the metal are mesmerising

Do you have any more pics to share? Different types of knives?
Do you do sets?

sure I will post more pics shortly

Posted : June 13, 2021 12:29 AM
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

some more

Posted : June 13, 2021 12:32 AM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

ziathen wrote: