Indie Video Games

44 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

genxgemini wrote: CORRECTION: Cult = Cultist
$19.99 × 40,000 = That's what I'm talkin 'bout!

Exactly!!!

Posted : July 26, 2018 10:21 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Have you ever played a game hours before bedtime then ended up dreaming about playing that game?

This happened to me last night.

I was playing
Cult Sim for a few hours before bed & then spent my whole dreamscape matching this VERB to that VERB,blue,orange,red.Aaah,the timers are running out....
ALL-NIGHT-LONG!

THIS is a quality I wish to infuse our project with. One that has such an incredible gaming mechanic that your brain keeps playing even AFTER you powered down the CPU.

In my experience, that mechanic doesn't have to be uber complex either. Think TETRIS.

I'm sure this has happened to almost all serious gamers out there. There is esoteric value to this.

Btw, Did you know C.S. doesn't have a damn tutorial?!?! And it's NOT the easiest game to just pick up and start playing.

Although, once you do get the hang of it, it is kinda unlike anything else out there at the moment.

I am of fan of Alex & his Weather people! Fallen London was pretty friggin' good .

Posted : July 27, 2018 2:21 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Earthbound?! Oh my yes =)

Posted : July 27, 2018 3:36 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

On the Business side,$ince I am not in front of you to convey my energetic intentions tangibly- We'll have to settle for the following declaration of intention:

Point Of Order & For Future Reference:

The project is KING in this undertaking.
No "boss".
No overly-inflated egos.
No fucking bullshit!

Fig 1.1

I yield totally to the vision & the impeccable completion of this work & whatever is necessary to accomplish it.

(Fig. 1.1 Blood over intent.)

I get a similiar vibe from you. That you,Chuk,have the ability to push aside the standard cubicle politic & hyperfocus on the only thing that really matters.
The project.

With our projected timelines- We are all going to need to possess that quality.

Please pardon if any of this comes of crass,brassy or whatever.
2D communications have never been my friend.
I'm just ready To Make Something Happppppen.

Posted : July 27, 2018 3:47 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

If the formula is:

Talent
+ Passion
+ Concept(Time + $$$$$) = Masterpiece

I'd say we have a
well-above

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
average
chance at LEGENDARY success!!!!!

Posted : July 27, 2018 3:55 PM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Awesome, I'm looking forward to working on the project!

Posted : July 27, 2018 4:15 PM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Quick update, my steam page is up! I'm still working on the early access version of Serenade of the Sirens, but you can check it out here!

Also here is the trailer for the current version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvl1RaX_51g

Posted : August 30, 2018 12:20 AM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

An update, it's been a beautiful journey thus far discovering something that I deeply enjoy which is game development. I've been looking at what I've done since the initial post of this thread (March 2016). I've been in seven game jams since my first post and I didn't even realize it. Here is a short clip of my seventh game jam game. I've published my first game and it definitely won't be my last. Time really flies when you're having fun! I wonder what the next three years will bring.

Speaking of the future, I would like to project more of my intentions out into the distant time. While I'm working on my craft and developing more games I would like to eventually figure out how to pack an awakening (conspiratorial) moment into a game. I have a couple of projects I'm already working on and I'm not sure if the game after that will be exactly that, but I put it out into the universe so I can look back at this post (If this forums is still here haha) and have the same moment I had when I looked at the first post.

Posted : July 19, 2019 1:53 AM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Here is some footage of the title screen to a demo I'm currently working on.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4sTyuGHW9C/?igshid=rsymx7r0ioli

Posted : November 22, 2019 5:54 PM
(@kinglou)

@chukobyte Hey, I am relatively new to the THC community been listening about a year. Anyway I would love to talk with you about game development I have been playing games my whole life and would like to think I could provide good feedback/ experienced play testing. It's always been a dream of mine to be able to make a game and tell stories through games. My programming skills are lackluster but I am a quick learner and could at least help with debugging. HMU on discord i'm kinglouie in the THC discord

Posted : August 29, 2020 4:41 AM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

kinglou wrote: @chukobyte Hey, I am relatively new to the THC community been listening about a year. Anyway I would love to talk with you about game development I have been playing games my whole life and would like to think I could provide good feedback/ experienced play testing. It's always been a dream of mine to be able to make a game and tell stories through games. My programming skills are lackluster but I am a quick learner and could at least help with debugging. HMU on discord i'm kinglouie in the THC discord

Hey @kinglou thanks for reaching out. I definitely could use play testers in the near future and will definitely reach out to you on discord.

Posted : October 8, 2020 10:45 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Very curious to see the progress made on this project! Hope the ship is sailing well 🙂

Posted : October 9, 2020 8:21 AM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: Very curious to see the progress made on this project! Hope the ship is sailing well 🙂

I find that a ship is the perfect metaphor for what my journey has been! I'm really grateful to be on this ship as the trials and tribulations I've been through has been amazing and scary at the same time! There is definitely a lot more to share, but will save that for another time once I have more to show for my current project. I've recently restarted from scratch so things are too rough to show off.

In the meantime what I can show is a pacman demo I did with a custom engine I created a little while ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOTgwsyiBpA

Posted : October 11, 2020 11:17 PM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I recently participated in a 72 hour game jam. Here is the entry:
https://chukobyte.itch.io/cave-salamander

Posted : July 13, 2021 12:59 AM
Page 3 / 3
Share: