Clear all

Etsy Fly Fishing

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@wwpalum)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I make and sell flies for fly fishing on Etsy. I guess it's not really a business but I love doing it and offer them at very fair prices. https://www.etsy.com/shop/FishingforHope?ref=search_shop_redirect

Posted : April 8, 2016 10:35 PM
(@northplaza)

Do you have a brochure?

I'll print a few up and leave them around town. I live in Soldotna, Alaska.

We're about to get a couple hundred thousand visitors. Most come to fish.

😉

northplazahst@gmail.com

Posted : April 30, 2016 1:28 PM
(@wwpalum)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I don't have a brochure but any word you could put out would be awesome!

Posted : May 16, 2016 10:44 PM
(@stormesweet)

I don't fish, but I checked out your Etsy store because I appreciate hand made things. Looking at the close up photos, these are beautiful little works of art. My favorite:Size 8 Crystal Meth Sucker Spawn! The explanations you provide for each lure it apparent that you really know about nature and love your craft! I wish you as many customers as you can handle!

Posted : June 19, 2016 12:38 PM
(@wwpalum)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Stormesweet I truly appreciate the words of encouragement.

Posted : June 21, 2016 12:36 AM
(@botnsould)

Nice flies, sir! I like your consistency and proportions, especially with the tiny midges. Do you mostly tie/fish wet flies? I've been tying for 2 years now, and the addiction has fully taken hold. It's amazing how much tying helps with the fishing part of the game. Tight lines

Posted : February 25, 2017 9:11 PM
(@wwpalum)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

botnsould wrote: Nice flies, sir! I like your consistency and proportions, especially with the tiny midges. Do you mostly tie/fish wet flies? I've been tying for 2 years now, and the addiction has fully taken hold. It's amazing how much tying helps with the fishing part of the game. Tight lines

Thanks for the compliment! I do almost always fish wet flies but I enjoy tying wet and dry.

Posted : February 26, 2017 2:07 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Some serious looking trout candy there. Makes me think I may buy my license this year. It's been a few. I always seem to just stay home too much and wind up not fishing, even when I have paid through the nose for the privilege. But then there this, the kid who just moved in next door has a nice boat.

Posted : February 26, 2017 3:48 AM
(@cbear)

nice man, good stuff! how did you come to sell your goods to Easy? if you don't mind my asking, just curious because that sounds like something I may be able to do as well perhaps, as they offer such a wide variety of products

Posted : March 20, 2018 11:07 PM
(@wwpalum)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

cbear wrote: nice man, good stuff! how did you come to sell your goods to Easy? if you don't mind my asking, just curious because that sounds like something I may be able to do as well perhaps, as they offer such a wide variety of products

You just make an account with them, it's free, and you pay 20 cents every 3 months for each product you are trying to sell. It helps pay for my plus account on THC every year.

Posted : March 22, 2018 1:32 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Great stuff,wwpalum! Reading your initial thread immediately threw me back into the 90's episode of Northern Exposure where Ruth Ann's banker son moves to Cicely to tie flies =D Thanks for the memory blast,dude. Good Luck with your biz.

Posted : April 14, 2018 5:09 PM
Share: