Notifications
Clear all

Should I trademark?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@elfmasta00)
Topic starter

Looking to start a Conspriacy/Paranormal website. I thought about trademarking it to possibly avoid potential hot water. Seeing the subject matter, this might avoid hot water. What are your thoughts?

Posted : April 7, 2016 12:15 AM
(@stormesweet)

Def no lawyer either, but as a former small business owner, I'd suggest not getting hung up on administrative details so early in the game. You might find your business constantly evolving as you refine and follow your vision, but also in order to stay afloat -- especially when you're first starting out. An actual lawyer would probably vigorously disagree though!

Posted : June 19, 2016 12:12 PM
(@mq22266)

Hey Elfmasta. Standard international rules allow for you to simply follow your mark with the letters ™. So I can package/sell without registration but with cheap protection. EG, I want to establish rights for my product name, Cats Pyjamas™, I just simply put the ™ tag every time I write the name. Eventually you commit to registration once your satisfied with products success. In Aus it is about $500 for ten years of registration. Just renewed mine. Any questions email me at empiricaltrust@iinet.net.au Mike, not a lawyer but a paralegal.

Posted : September 16, 2016 9:08 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESPY YES YES YES!
A million times YES! But ONLY if you are serious,for-real,ready-to-commit to manifesting the project & it's not just a passing fad.

Even if you do not see it right now, YOU NEED TO PROTECT yourself from the SCAVENGERS of #REALNESS out there that will suck the bone marrow out of your naive ass so quick, you'll wonder what the hell just happened!!! Dude, I'm just being real with you & speaking from experience.
COVER your ASS! Anything you create & put out in the public domain that you really love, NEEDS TO BE TRADEMARKED,copy righted AND HERMETICALLY SEALED!

Otherwise, you end up in situations like phony YT Channels and such. Hope that helps.

Posted : April 26, 2018 7:54 PM
Share: