Artists of THC and NFTs

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Anyone getting involved with that?
I make felt tip art but then I make small digital videos with them. On a principle level I just am not interested in NFTs, I think art is best enjoyed in person and also I don't want to contribute to the block chain infrastructure... particularly contributing my art which really is an aspect of my soul. I also have never even considered selling any original pieces, only copies

But then....what if I'm losing out on huge bucks? Am I being too principled?

Posted : June 13, 2021 8:54 AM
(@harri74)

smaddy wrote:
Anyone getting involved with that?
I make felt tip art but then I make small digital videos with them. On a principle level I just am not interested in NFTs, I think art is best enjoyed in person and also I don't want to contribute to the block chain infrastructure... particularly contributing my art which really is an aspect of my soul. I also have never even considered selling any original pieces, only copies

But then....what if I'm losing out on huge bucks? Am I being too principled?

I'm into crypto and have been for years. The best way to think about an NFT is just a digital certificate of authenticity which exists on the blockchain (a record of ownership and transactions). You still own the piece of art and can do with it as you wish.

Posted : June 13, 2021 9:52 AM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

harri74 wrote:
I'm into crypto and have been for years. The best way to think about an NFT is just a digital certificate of authenticity which exists on the blockchain (a record of ownership and transactions). You still own the piece of art and can do with it as you wish.

But there's no point in having an NFT unless I'm willing to sell it? Because I can prove ownership any number of other ways.

And am I selling the digital version or the hard copy?

Posted : June 13, 2021 1:51 PM
(@halcyone)

I’m similar I think. I love making watercolours, the process is so pleasing visually (on psychedelics woooooooooow). I have a massive respect for people who use CPU’s to make art but for me, I can’t spend that much time in front of a screen. That said, we’re similar in that we both make videos of the art. In my case I try to show how trippy the painting process is. I use an automatic/spontaneous process to channel the earth/humanity spirit. No pencil lines or real plan usually, I just bring out what emerges. I don’t think we’d be well outs if we get into the NFT market but I also need to know more about this. Harri74 - you mention a block chain, when I start selling, how do I get the NFT on the block chain. Please checkout my channel on YouTube - SCLplus Artist - and help me to promote,share, get more engaged people to vibe with it. Here’s a couple of vids for you to check out. Peace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yFavSQtPiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rm4dVpIgOA

Posted : June 24, 2021 1:11 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

halcyone wrote:
I’m similar I think. I love making watercolours, the process is so pleasing visually (on psychedelics woooooooooow). I have a massive respect for people who use CPU’s to make art but for me, I can’t spend that much time in front of a screen. That said, we’re similar in that we both make videos of the art. In my case I try to show how trippy the painting process is. I use an automatic/spontaneous process to channel the earth/humanity spirit. No pencil lines or real plan usually, I just bring out what emerges. I don’t think we’d be well outs if we get into the NFT market but I also need to know more about this. Harri74 - you mention a block chain, when I start selling, how do I get the NFT on the block chain. Please checkout my channel on YouTube - SCLplus Artist - and help me to promote,share, get more engaged people to vibe with it. Here’s a couple of vids for you to check out. Peace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yFavSQtPiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rm4dVpIgOA

Wow your art is really captivating!!!
The first video was like a rollercoaster, first I don't know what you are painting, then I do, then I don't, then I do
Max respect for not starting with pencil too.
Do you have instagram at all?

Concerning block chain. My understanding is creating the NFT puts you on the block Chain. Your art work as an NFT is like a single crypto coin.

Posted : June 24, 2021 3:46 PM
(@halcyone)

Ah awesome - thanks for your comments about the artwork- really appreciated and it means a lot. Yes - my Instagram is ‘SCLplus artist’ send me a message there so I can follow you too. Much love

Posted : June 25, 2021 12:19 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

halcyone wrote:
Ah awesome - thanks for your comments about the artwork- really appreciated and it means a lot. Yes - my Instagram is ‘SCLplus artist’ send me a message there so I can follow you too. Much love

Done!

Posted : June 25, 2021 1:56 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Argh some arsehole thief has stolen one of my designs and trying to sell products with it on three different sites.
I am vexed.
I've sent emails to the companies

Posted : July 25, 2021 11:39 AM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

"Decentraland is one of several VR platforms that Metaverse Property offers listings, which include commercial spaces, homes, hangout spots and art galleries to display digital NFT artwork."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/metaverse-property-decentraland-nft-decentraland-b1965973.html

Posted : December 1, 2021 12:01 PM
Share: