14 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

It's either:

1/A/whatever: Scores of thousands of perfectly cognizant, intelligent, functional people are able to believe themselves, with utter and total sincerity of conviction, to have been "abducted" by aliens/fairies/seen bigfoot, when in fact nothing unusual at all has happened actually to them, which implies our entire confidence in the basis for consensus reality (i.e. that for the most part, the mutual sanity of people who can appear/present themselves as sane is legitimate) is utter bullshit, and everything not directly experienced/verifiable is just as tenuous as said abductions--i.e prove to me on that personally experience/verifiable basis that the earth isn't flat/we landed on the moon; if you can't, then shut the fuck up.

2/B/whatever: There are people being "abducted" by aliens, it's all true!, or as true as anything else, etc.

Law of excluded middle, there is no alternative. People en masse are starting to realize this. So buckle up, friends!

Posted : July 1, 2021 11:43 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Current mood (just sold a patent 😉 , so feeling pretty good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_I-x3nVfuM

Posted : July 2, 2021 12:05 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

1/A - Even if these people are all hallucinating everything, why are they all hallucinating the damn near same story? It is a phenomenon that begs investigation, not derision and dismissal. We are a fuckin first world society in the new millennium. And our NEWSCASTERS in the Fourth Estate employ dismissal and derision. Brilliant.

2/B - So what if they were being abducted by humans pretending to be aliens in high tech craft? What if they were being energetically abducted, and not physically? I think you run into problems with the excluded middle here (I sound so tough now that I know what means - thanks, dog). I'd think the excluded middle would require a more obtuse claim. Like - "SOMETHING is happening here." Rather than saying "They are being abducted by aliens." Lemme know if I don't understand the excluded middle.

Dude, that fuckin movie is disgusting. You medical boys are desensitized to puke inducing bullshit like that. I'm a lightweight. Monk was all balls, though. Really dug the shields and the words tattooin him. Tight.

Hey, man, congratulations! Would I be pryin to ask what kinda patent it was?

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : July 2, 2021 4:05 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jdaneway wrote:
I'm sorry to say, I did not represent humanity very well.

LOL

I sat in front of what I thought to be an ArchAngel and was like "Uh, yeah... So... blow my mind... Whatcha got?"

Not "What's the meaning of life?" Not "How are my dead relatives?" Not "How do we make a better world?"

Like Karl Pilkington, I was like - "Tell me somethin freaky."

I heard somewhere that the genetics aliens seemed to be interested in were Irish and Native American.

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : July 2, 2021 6:03 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

fifthcolumn wrote:
1/A - Even if these people are all hallucinating everything, why are they all hallucinating the damn near same story? It is a phenomenon that begs investigation, not derision and dismissal. We are a fuckin first world society in the new millennium. And our NEWSCASTERS in the Fourth Estate employ dismissal and derision. Brilliant.

2/B - So what if they were being abducted by humans pretending to be aliens in high tech craft? What if they were being energetically abducted, and not physically? I think you run into problems with the excluded middle here (I sound so tough now that I know what means - thanks, dog). I'd think the excluded middle would require a more obtuse claim. Like - "SOMETHING is happening here." Rather than saying "They are being abducted by aliens." Lemme know if I don't understand the excluded middle.

Dude, that fuckin movie is disgusting. You medical boys are desensitized to puke inducing bullshit like that. I'm a lightweight. Monk was all balls, though. Really dug the shields and the words tattooin him. Tight.

Hey, man, congratulations! Would I be pryin to ask what kinda patent it was?

Some algorithms I wrote in grad school. Not enough to retire on or anything, but a HUGE boost to my current attempts to get my day-trading off the ground.

Posted : July 2, 2021 1:37 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I don't understand your first post.

I was just celebrating (having a few bourbons, probably a few too many) and looks like I was ranting about how the mainline position is just untenable--you can't disbelieve the abductees and not have you're entire worldview shattered still. If "nothing" is really going on, and people are able to believe they had such experiences with such sincerity and conviction--the entire basis for consensus reality, which is mostly just our belief that reasonable people only believe reasonable things, falls apart. For the record, I believe something truly inexplicable in our standard "common sense" framework is going on and experiencers are experiencing just what they say they are.

I also love 80's Hong Kong psychadelic horror so it looks like my drunk self felt the need to share some.

Posted : July 2, 2021 1:45 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I love the video. The bats bombarding the guy in the red urn - prophetic. I had to stop when he was eating entrails, though. Congrats on your patent sale.
I don't understand your first post.
Anyway, I am an experiencer. I don't care if people believe it or not. I have nothing to lose. Even if I could, I don't care to prove it to anyone. It would be like me saying I don't believe you're an academic. Do you care if I believe what you say? If you want proof you have to get it yourself. And that brings me to . . . there are ways to entice contact.

One: entheogens - I'm sure you've heard about this on the podcasts. I grew wild Datura Stramonium in my yard - thus my flower avatar. I knew it was poisonous and hallucinogenic and did not purposefully touch the plant. The bumble bees circled around the flowers at dusk waiting to get inside the night-blooming flowers to vibrate the pollen off the stamens. This was my nightly ritual, watching the bees Jonesing for the flowers to open. My legs brushed the leaves of the plant hanging over the path. I went to bed and, bada-bing-bada-boom, by 3:22 am there was a hooded entity standing at he foot of my bed. It dragged my "spirit" out of my body and through the brick wall, and then I went up through a radiant blue aperture after it. Was it a space ship? IDK. Was it real? What is real? I can say, my 80 yo, super right-wingy veteran, father-in-law stayed in that bedroom on a visit (the bathroom had a walk-in shower, so we gave him our room), and he encountered the same hooded entity. He was a little traumatized. On the other hand, my husband and dog never woke up during my encounter.
Did the experience change my life? Hell, yes. Do I wish everyone could experience what I experienced - absolutely mind awakening for those ready.

Two: Magic. I'm sure others have read about Crowley or Jack Parsons summoning aliens from a portal. Well, I wanted to see my alien friend again, and I tried a little sigil on a rock with a little tetragrammaton incantation, and I think it worked. No leg warming on the Datura that time - so I'll not call it a hallucination.

Three: Your genes. They are looking for markers of human evolution. It doesn't mean anyone is better than anyone else, it just means people are evolving toward something, and they are looking for when/what changed/changes in our genes. So don't go consuming mutagens, but . . . if you're genetically weird, you might have a chance at contact! I, and most of the people in my family, happen to have one of the same genetic anomalies as ATA the little alien-looking child found in the Atacama (Ehlers Danlos). I am 4'9" with a proportionate body and large forehead.

Everyone in my family has interacted with ghosts. My sister is an executive VP of a large corporation everyone would recognize. I had a reputable career once, and my IQ is high, but I'm not gifted. No one I know has ever said they thought I was mentally ill, and I have never been diagnosed with any DSM coded illnesses. I am educated. My Mother was a genius, Geochemist, and taught neighbor kids calculus when she was in her 60's. Honestly, I can't remember calculus. I had a genius Uncle too. My sister and I think the ghost thing is connected to the alien interactions. Oddly, my sister and I have both died once (she flat-lined under anesthesia, and I died and resuscitated in a traumatic event at a young age). My Irish-Catholic, former B of A VP-grandmother admits she saw a cigar-shaped craft over 101 in N. CA in the 60's. You have no idea what a big deal it is for her to admit that. We could be a family of loons, but I'm not blood related to my father-in-law - and he saw the same entity I did.

When you have an experience, you will search obsessively for answers. You will seek out podcasts like THC and endure awful Coast to Coast advertisements, just to gain the tiniest piece of the puzzle - any answers from anyone else's experience. Why me? What do they want? What's with the fiery scenes of destruction they show experiencers? What is the meaning of life? I've read three books on quantum physics - not my specialty. And I constantly wish I had believed it was real at the time of my experience and that my mind had been properly aware, so that I could have asked more intelligent questions. I'm sorry to say, I did not represent humanity very well. JH1517 - Perhaps you can represent us better:)

A fascinating experience. Thanks for sharing.

Posted : July 2, 2021 2:20 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

fifthcolumn wrote:

Way I was trying to say it is either "something" is happening, or perfectly functional, sincere people are capable of levels of self-delusion to such a degree, that we cannot trust consensus reality at all. Either way the mainline view that nothing is happening and people are just imagining it so everything is normal is just not tenable.

Posted : July 2, 2021 3:52 PM
jdaneway
(@jdaneway)
Trusted Member

jh1517 wrote:
I was just celebrating (having a few bourbons, probably a few too many) and looks like I was ranting about how the mainline position is just untenable--you can't disbelieve the abductees and not have you're entire worldview shattered still. If "nothing" is really going on, and people are able to believe they had such experiences with such sincerity and conviction--the entire basis for consensus reality, which is mostly just our belief that reasonable people only believe reasonable things, falls apart. For the record, I believe something truly inexplicable in our standard "common sense" framework is going on and experiencers are experiencing just what they say they are.

I also love 80's Hong Kong psychadelic horror so it looks like my drunk self felt the need to share some.

Cheers. I had two glasses of Chard and took the bait. To use someone else's words:

“Kwang-ʓze [Chuang Tzǔ] had dreamt that he was a butterfly. When he awoke, and was himself again, he did not know whether he, Kwang Kâu, had been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or was now a butterfly dreaming that it was Kwang Kâu.”
James Legge (1891), The Texts of Taoism, in Sacred Books of the East, vol. XXXIX, Oxford: At The Clarendon Press Press, p. 130.

It's a consciousness event that is not defined by the confines of physical reality but is still real, as reality includes more than physical existence. I can't explain it and acknowledge I may not like the answer if I ever get it.

Posted : July 2, 2021 4:31 PM
(@davenjilli)

fifthcolumn wrote:
LOL

I sat in front of what I thought to be an ArchAngel and was like "Uh, yeah... So... blow my mind... Whatcha got?"

Not "What's the meaning of life?" Not "How are my dead relatives?" Not "How do we make a better world?"

Like Karl Pilkington, I was like - "Tell me somethin freaky."

I heard somewhere that the genetics aliens seemed to be interested in were Irish and Native American.

aghhhhhhh . . . running into the night

Posted : July 28, 2021 1:45 PM
(@davenjilli)

jdaneway wrote:
Cheers. I had two glasses of Chard and took the bait. To use someone else's words:

“Kwang-ʓze [Chuang Tzǔ] had dreamt that he was a butterfly. When he awoke, and was himself again, he did not know whether he, Kwang Kâu, had been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or was now a butterfly dreaming that it was Kwang Kâu.”
James Legge (1891), The Texts of Taoism, in Sacred Books of the East, vol. XXXIX, Oxford: At The Clarendon Press Press, p. 130.

It's a consciousness event that is not defined by the confines of physical reality but is still real, as reality includes more than physical existence. I can't explain it and acknowledge I may not like the answer if I ever get it.

I was just wondering last night, as I fell asleep, if this "life" wasn't just a dream of another reality

Posted : July 28, 2021 1:46 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
It's either:

1/A/whatever: Scores of thousands of perfectly cognizant, intelligent, functional people are able to believe themselves, with utter and total sincerity of conviction, to have been "abducted" by aliens/fairies/seen bigfoot, when in fact nothing unusual at all has happened actually to them, which implies our entire confidence in the basis for consensus reality (i.e. that for the most part, the mutual sanity of people who can appear/present themselves as sane is legitimate) is utter bullshit, and everything not directly experienced/verifiable is just as tenuous as said abductions--i.e prove to me on that personally experience/verifiable basis that the earth isn't flat/we landed on the moon; if you can't, then shut the fuck up.

2/B/whatever: There are people being "abducted" by aliens, it's all true!, or as true as anything else, etc.

Law of excluded middle, there is no alternative. People en masse are starting to realize this. So buckle up, friends!

There is alternatives and to narrow it down to what you have isn't conductive to the argument.

Posted : July 29, 2021 12:37 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

nickzeptepi wrote:
There is alternatives and to narrow it down to what you have isn't conductive to the argument.

I don't disagree with that statement at all. I was writing out of frustration at how the usual logic of approaching these topics just doesn't hold water, (ineffectively I guess) trying to make a similar point--the exclusive logic we usually use can't account for for the facts, it breaks down.

Posted : July 29, 2021 11:49 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
I don't disagree with that statement at all. I was writing out of frustration at how the usual logic of approaching these topics just doesn't hold water, (ineffectively I guess) trying to make a similar point--the exclusive logic we usually use can't account for for the facts, it breaks down.

Or like 1984 the words and ways of expressing this frustration have been removed from your knowledge and been given false choices so as to appear to be free.

Posted : July 30, 2021 12:25 AM
Share: