Strange experience back in Summer of 1988 or 1989 when living in Missouri

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Possibly the closest thing I've experienced w/the paranormal occurred when I lived in a rural area in Branson, MO, in late 80's. My younger brother & I lived in a part of the house w/o air-conditioning (which is brutal during Summers of 90+ degree temps combined w/extremely-high humidity EVERY DAMNED DAY/NIGHT) and we often stayed up quite late & routinely fought w/each other over dumb shit. One night my brother got mad at me and decided to go sleep outside in a broken-down car on the property. Maybe 20-30 minutes later he is panicked & banging on the door hollering for me to unlock it & let him in. I do so and he immediately slams & locks door, telling me he "saw something big & dark" walking by the car he was attempting to sleep in. We both grabbed baseball bats, turned on flood lights and went outside to investigate. Fortunately whatever it was, was gone.

A few other times during that Summer we would hear heavy footsteps on the gravel outside our room, but when we turned on the lights nothing was to be seen.

One night when I had trouble getting to sleep due to heat, and my brother was away at a friend's house, I remember getting a feeling that some malevolent presence was near me, possibly outside looking through my window, I was absolutely frozen w/fear and could not bring myself to turn around to look out window (I knew if I did something awful would happen)...I remained this way from the middle of the night until sunrise finally arrived & I felt the presence leave and it was safe to move again.

I don't remember this happening the whole 5 years we lived there, just one particular Summer.

signature

Posted : July 3, 2021 6:58 PM
(@bdon713)

"Back in the summer of 88
I didn't know how to rock and roll
I saw your face as I drove away
How could I know what you'd do to my soul?"

-moe. , Okay Alright

Posted : July 24, 2021 4:41 PM
Share: