Mainstream Arguments You Can Use Against Vaccine Mandates

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
jdaneway
(@jdaneway)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

"What more do {the vaccine hesitant} want?" Biden asks.
As is clear in the full blog post, I am 100 pct against mandates. I stand for personal choice. I am not against vaccines, although most people I know would consider me anti-vaxx even though I'm vaccinated. Eye roll. These are my arguments against mandates and for ending the pandemic, each expounded upon in my blog:
https://www.jdaneway.com/post/what-more-biden-asks-answers-to-overcoming-the-pandemic-predicament

• Address corruption in the pharmaceutical/government industrial complex.
  • Ensure equitable access to care and equitable care. All people need to be able to get a Dr. appointment with a doctor they trust in a timely manner if they have any vaccine reaction or just want to ask questions about their conditions and how a vaccine might impact their personal health issues.
  • Fix the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
  • Expand mAb treatment access and reduce age and other exclusions to treatment.
  • No mandates for those groups excluded from clinical trials. (again I oppose all mandates, but especially mandating for these groups makes no sense to me)
  • Determine how long immunity lasts from infection and/or vaccination. Make useful antibody tests available.
  • Expand vaccine administration to healthcare providers and facilities. Many don't want to get a vaccine administered by a volunteer pharmacy student.
  • Stop using the herd immunity argument. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can be infected and transmit the disease.

Posted : September 11, 2021 9:11 PM
AstronautRob
(@astronautrob)
Trusted Member

Recognition of natural immunity would also be high of good arguments against vaccine mandates. In recent debates I've had with people that support vaccine mandates, or at least think everyone should get the vaccine, the conversation seems to go a bit better (kind of) if I make an effort to keep the focus on that. Especially with the "new science" (terrible term) that is coming out that supports the idea that natural immunity gives you better protection (go figure), the argument is pretty bulletproof. If natural immunity is better, and we know the survival rate of Covid for young-ish, healthy, people is pretty freakin' high, then one should be allowed to take that chance and attempt to get natural immunity if one wants. If someone agrees that that should be a choice then it follows that there should be no vaccine mandates, in a nutshell. I've really been trying to have the most conversations I can with people to see what their arguments are and what the thought process is. I've found the only conclusion that real die hard vaccine-mandaters can come to that still supports the idea of vaccine mandates, is the conclusion that people can't be trusted to know when they've been sick or not so there needs to be a way to track this thing and only mass vaccination offers that. To me that's like a slave who willing puts the chains on and at that point I usually politely end that conversation. I'm not going to find common ground with someone who thinks like that. Anyway, thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. Good list and nice post, enjoyed it very much.

Posted : September 17, 2021 4:05 PM
Share: