Clear all

Covid story - how it broke my reproductive system

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kjahsdkfha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi 🙂 this is my boring covid story, but maybe someone else can relate?

So I guess it's worth mentioning that I have a grip of autoimmune problems (endometriosis, adenomyosis, and thyroid disease) that I've managed outside of western medicine for the past many years. Western doctors were encouraging a full hysterectomy before I was thirty so I've been on my own for a while and have managed quite well on my own. I have a whole other story about abandoning western medicine but that's for another time and place. However, please keep this in mind as it may seem odd to some that I didn't make an appointment to see an OBGYN after experiencing abnormalities.

In late November 2019 I had a new job waiting tables in downtown Dallas, Texas. One Monday I was scheduled to work a double and during my break the manager texted saying I could take the night off. Within 30 minutes of receiving the text I suddenly spiked a fever and was sick as a dog. A few days later I had to quit this new job because the managers wouldn't help cover my shifts while I was still extremely sick. My boyfriend also became sick (as did several others at the restaurant where I worked), but his symptoms were much milder. I recovered in about a weeks time using some amazing stuff called Christopher's X-INFX and went on with my life... until... one month later, December 2019, the first period I had after the illness I passed a decidual cast. (That's when the entire lining of the uterus passes at once.) I had no clue what was going on, but I assumed it had to be related to possible worsening adenomyosis (like endometriosis but inside of the uterus) so I went to work on the natural remedies and moved on.

I never had to take a covid test during the past year for work or anything, and I'm not one to volunteer for one, so I can't offer anyone PCR "proof" of covid, but I think the symptoms speak for themselves.

Fast forward to 2021 when women began reporting period abnormalities after being V'ed or exposed to V'ed people, I realized their symptoms are/were exactly what I've been experiencing almost every month since being sick in late 2019. So I took to the internet and set the search dates to pre-V times (1-1-2020 to 1-1-2021 specifically) and found a slew of articles about women who were experiencing changes in menstruation post-covid, so I'm definitely not alone in this phenomenon, but, of course, most of the articles are quick to lie and say that the abnormalities are probably because women's periods are soo unpredictable and unstable, any illness can throw it out of whack. Not true. :rolleyes:

Anyways, that's my story. Covid, whatever the hell it is, fucked up my periods and I'm still actively trying to get back to where I was health-wise. Now that I've been able to connect the dots and I feel sure that what I had was covid I've started high doses of Vitamin D and all of the other good stuff so fingers crossed!

Posted : July 3, 2021 6:57 PM
jdaneway
(@jdaneway)
Trusted Member

I'm always amazed by the denial, even though I've seen it for years in clinical trials. So, basically anywhere you have ACE2 receptors, you could have had SARS virus attach to those cells (endometrium, lungs, heart, kidneys etc etc). SARS is a virus like herpes - it can stay quiescent for a long time or be mostly controlled by your immune system but never entirely gone, smoldering or hiding in cells only to pop out again later. So, those cells where it hides would attract your immune system to the spike proteins on the cells and cause inflammation. This is why people who are getting the vaccine are experiencing menstrual problems too - the vaccine directs cells to produce spike protein causing excitation of inflammatory cytokines that also happen to be present in your endometrium and then you get inflammation. I'm unsure if spike presenting immune cells can attach to ACE2 receptors in the body and cause cell death there - but that seems like a possibility. If the vaccinated people had had the virus at any point before being vaccinated, they can also get a round two of immune system attacking where virus is still hiding in those cells. After vaccination, their immune system says wake up - remember that spike protein? - seek and destroy.
I too had COVID at the start of the pandemic, but had no menstrual symptoms. I got dose one of the vaccine in May and am experiencing slightly heavier periods - mine aren't worrisome. I had other more serious reactions to the vaccine, but that's another story . . . I really hope your issues resolve. I have family members who have had endometriosis and subsequent hysterectomy - no fun. I understand your pain and how doctors don't understand women's problems, or that you know your body and that things have changed for you.

Here's an article that may be useful:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32607509/#:~:text=Summary answer: ACE2 protein is highly expressed in,the receptor by which SARS-CoV-2 enters human cells.
"Study question: Is SARS-CoV-2 receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE 2) expressed in the human endometrium during the menstrual cycle, and does it participate in endometrial decidualization?
Summary answer: ACE2 protein is highly expressed in human endometrial stromal cells during the secretory phase and is essential for human endometrial stromal cell decidualization.
What is known already: ACE2 is expressed in numerous human tissues including the lungs, heart, intestine, kidneys and placenta. ACE2 is also the receptor by which SARS-CoV-2 enters human cells."

This might mean we could see symptoms/adverse events from both/either the infection or the vaccine anywhere there are ACE2 receptors, or where spike proteins present. With the vaccine, the spike proteins should be produced only temporarily, so the adverse effects should only do damage to those cells as long as the spike proteins are produced in those cells (mostly muscle cells, but some spike products might enter blood and lymph and travel to other locations). Whereas the virus, I don't think we know how long your immune system may attack those cells or if the virus figures out a way to bypass your immune system. If the virus lays quiescent though, in theory you could have more damage over the long run. You might ask other people with endometriosis who had COVID and then later got vaccinated, if their symptoms resolved or got worse.

Posted : July 3, 2021 10:01 PM
(@kjahsdkfha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I'm always amazed by the denial, even though I've seen it for years in clinical trials. So, basically anywhere you have ACE2 receptors, you could have had SARS virus attach to those cells (endometrium, lungs, heart, kidneys etc etc). SARS is a virus like herpes - it can stay quiescent for a long time or be mostly controlled by your immune system but never entirely gone, smoldering or hiding in cells only to pop out again later. So, those cells where it hides would attract your immune system to the spike proteins on the cells and cause inflammation. This is why people who are getting the vaccine are experiencing menstrual problems too - the vaccine directs cells to produce spike protein causing excitation of inflammatory cytokines that also happen to be present in your endometrium and then you get inflammation. I'm unsure if spike presenting immune cells can attach to ACE2 receptors in the body and cause cell death there - but that seems like a possibility. If the vaccinated people had had the virus at any point before being vaccinated, they can also get a round two of immune system attacking where virus is still hiding in those cells. After vaccination, their immune system says wake up - remember that spike protein? - seek and destroy.
I too had COVID at the start of the pandemic, but had no menstrual symptoms. I got dose one of the vaccine in May and am experiencing slightly heavier periods - mine aren't worrisome. I had other more serious reactions to the vaccine, but that's another story . . . I really hope your issues resolve. I have family members who have had endometriosis and subsequent hysterectomy - no fun. I understand your pain and how doctors don't understand women's problems, or that you know your body and that things have changed for you.

Here's an article that may be useful:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32607509/#:~:text=Summary answer: ACE2 protein is highly expressed in,the receptor by which SARS-CoV-2 enters human cells.
"Study question: Is SARS-CoV-2 receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE 2) expressed in the human endometrium during the menstrual cycle, and does it participate in endometrial decidualization?
Summary answer: ACE2 protein is highly expressed in human endometrial stromal cells during the secretory phase and is essential for human endometrial stromal cell decidualization.
What is known already: ACE2 is expressed in numerous human tissues including the lungs, heart, intestine, kidneys and placenta. ACE2 is also the receptor by which SARS-CoV-2 enters human cells."

This might mean we could see symptoms/adverse events from both/either the infection or the vaccine anywhere there are ACE2 receptors, or where spike proteins present. With the vaccine, the spike proteins should be produced only temporarily, so the adverse effects should only do damage to those cells as long as the spike proteins are produced in those cells (mostly muscle cells, but some spike products might enter blood and lymph and travel to other locations). Whereas the virus, I don't think we know how long your immune system may attack those cells or if the virus figures out a way to bypass your immune system. If the virus lays quiescent though, in theory you could have more damage over the long run. You might ask other people with endometriosis who had COVID and then later got vaccinated, if their symptoms resolved or got worse.

Wow thank you for this information, it is so incredibly helpful! I suppose this is why I've had an inflammatory immune response over the past few months while people have been taking the vaccinations. My mild and easily manageable case of interstitial cystitis has turned into a fiery dragon (on top of the menstrual changes) - rough stuff! But at least now I feel more confident in how to approach what's happening in my body.

And yes, sadly, it's a shame how women's bodies are treated by typical western medicine. The standard ideology seems to be that our bodies are dysfunctional at best and should be dismembered. I can't hate on the entity as a whole because one special doctor and lots of amazing nurses saved my life 15 years ago when I almost died from a large, torqued endometrial cyst, but the "care" I received post-surgery (for the next 10 years) was horrific and by the end of it all (and several surgeries later) my body was a wreck and I was physically dependent on RX medications. I'm almost 40 now and feel as if I've only been alive or awake for the past 5 years since being 100% off of the RX meds. I lost a lot of my life waiting for the medical industry to save me, but at the end of the day it's a journey I wouldn't trade for the world.

Thank you again for replying. I'm definitely going to check in with other women with endometriosis and see how they've been managing throughout this mess. And sorry to hear about your vaccine reactions, I hope you're feeling better!

Posted : July 4, 2021 1:28 PM
(@kjahsdkfha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I found this article on the Defender (I'm not going to vouch for the validity of reporting one way or another on the Defender, but there it is). I'm not sure which peer reviewed articles they are referencing, maybe the one I found already noted above.
Sounds like some researchers have found the spike proteins made by the body's cells after vaccination do travel in the blood stream to sites in the body with ACE2 receptors. When I first posted that, I had to go back and edit it - because I could only find articles saying that the spike proteins stayed mostly in muscle cells and attached to immune system cells after vaccination. But, lo and behold - I was right to begin with. The spikes produced after vaccine travel to wherever there are ACE2 receptors and attract immune system damage and inflammation at those sites.
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/covid-vaccine-spike-protein-travels-from-injection-site-organ-damage/
So this would be true of the vaccine and the virus - just to keep in mind. This is bad news for a lot of people who got the vaccine and news that might make sense to anyone experiencing bodywide symptoms from the virus. Anyway, I hope you find solutions and health!
After the H1N1 vaccine in 2009 caused autoimmune narcolepsy in a handful of Finnish children - they stopped giving that version of the vaccine abroad. There are still those that deny that happened. I suspect it happened in a lot more than just the Finnish children.

I could not agree more, this is bad news for a lot of people. The symptoms seem so random, most people will never attribute them to having covid, the vaccine, or being around vaccinated people... which essentially means a lot of people are going to be eaten alive by their own immune systems, yikes. (That is seriously how I felt btw. One symptom would trigger another and another, and so on.)
But this has been game changing information for me! Now that I know what I'm dealing with I should be able to turn the freight train around in just a few months. I read it can take up to six weeks for D3 and Zinc to kick in, but I started a regimen and seriously already feel a little bit better. Thank you so much!

Posted : July 9, 2021 10:37 PM
(@kjahsdkfha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I found this article on the Defender (I'm not going to vouch for the validity of reporting one way or another on the Defender, but there it is). I'm not sure which peer reviewed articles they are referencing, maybe the one I found already noted above.
Sounds like some researchers have found the spike proteins made by the body's cells after vaccination do travel in the blood stream to sites in the body with ACE2 receptors. When I first posted that, I had to go back and edit it - because I could only find articles saying that the spike proteins stayed mostly in muscle cells and attached to immune system cells after vaccination. But, lo and behold - I was right to begin with. The spikes produced after vaccine travel to wherever there are ACE2 receptors and attract immune system damage and inflammation at those sites.
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/covid-vaccine-spike-protein-travels-from-injection-site-organ-damage/
So this would be true of the vaccine and the virus - just to keep in mind. This is bad news for a lot of people who got the vaccine and news that might make sense to anyone experiencing bodywide symptoms from the virus. Anyway, I hope you find solutions and health!
After the H1N1 vaccine in 2009 caused autoimmune narcolepsy in a handful of Finnish children - they stopped giving that version of the vaccine abroad. There are still those that deny that happened. I suspect it happened in a lot more than just the Finnish children.

Heyy just wanted to say thank you again! It took a few tries to find a zinc supplement my stomach could handle, but after 4-6 weeks of treating myself for "long covid" as opposed to endometriosis, I am happy to report that my most recent period was TWENTY MILLION times better! This month I was actually able to leave my house on the second day of my period - something that hasn't happened in a year and a half. Totally life changing! Thank you so much for the resources! <3

Posted : August 9, 2021 12:58 PM
Share: