Placebo-based Healing Technique

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I wrote this the other day for a neighbor who is having some problems with his ankle. So if you'd like to use this for yourself, just replace "ankle" with whatever body part is causing you trouble.

The healing methodology I've been working with is based on the premise that your subconscious mind is in control of all of your body's functions that your conscious mind is not in control of. This is evidenced by the fact that you don't have to consciously will your heart to beat, or your lungs to breathe, or your glands to produce and secrete hormones. Your subconscious mind is in control of these things.

The placebo effect proves that if you can convince your subconscious mind that you are going to get better by ingesting this sugar pill, then it will kick into high gear, exercise its control over your body's natural healing mechanisms, and make that come true for you.

How do you convince your subconscious mind that you will get better?

Neuro-Linguistic Programming is the science of communicating with your subconscious. There are a couple of important rules to remember.

1.) Your subconscious mind doesn't understand negative modifiers.

In fact, your subconscious mind will simply drop all negative modifiers. So if you use a statement like "I have no pain," your subconscious mind will drop the negative modifier and the the statement becomes "I have pain." The exact opposite of the intended meaning! "It won't be long before I'm up and running again," becomes "It will be long before I'm up and running again." It is important to always use positive, affirmative statements like "I feel better today!" and "I am healing."

2.) Your subconscious mind prefers to speak in pictures and emotions.

I always tell people- Your subconscious understands language, but imagery is its mother tongue. This is why I suggested thinking about your ankle glowing, or more eloquently put- picture your ankle bathed in a warm light. Your subconscious associates light with healing, growth, and goodness. It doesn't matter where the light comes from- God, the universe, the sun. And self-luminating body parts work just as well. Light is the universal tool. It seems to work for everyone.

Another visual that many people use with great success is to anthropomorphize their blood cells. Think of each cell as a little army man, or construction worker, or gardener, or whatever you like. Picture what it looks like when they are dispatched to the area in need and begin doing their job to right whatever wrongs they encounter. (My blood cells are a mixture of Navy SEALS and Seabees- the old combat engineers. They wipe out anything that stands in the way and rebuild me faster, better, stronger than I was before.)

Other visuals can work, too. Think of things that really light your fire. If you like something, then your subconscious likes it, too. This will associate your visual with the emotion of Joy and it makes for more powerful communication. So if you really like playing basketball, you can construct a visual of you playing basketball on your patio out back with an ankle that is performing perfectly.

I had a buddy who had back pain. He combined "Grounding" (Imagining a "root" growing down from your perineum or "grundle" or "taint," and traveling to the center of the earth) with a visual of his spine as the trunk of a tree. This tree would draw up strength and flexibility from the earth through its root. It worked really well for him.

Laughter is a really powerful tool, as well. It seems that laughter doesn't even need a visual or linguistic guide. Laughter alone can produce amazing results, as far as healing goes. I once heard a story about a guy who got some horrible diagnosis from his doctor. He went home and rented every funny movie he ever enjoyed and just replayed them over and over. He goes back to the doctor, who is dumbfounded and can't find anything wrong with him. I don't know if that story is true, but there is some really good science now on the healing effects of laughter.

What you don't want to do is associate your healing with bad emotions. So when you are feeling depressed, or angry, or anxious don't engage in any of these healing techniques. Bring yourself back to at least neutral before you start engaging these methods. (Laughter is a good way to do this, too!)

3.) Repetition is king.

Your subconscious is designed to observe and repeat patterns. That's what it does. Like your heart beat or your breathing. It learns things so well that it can perform them almost perfectly while you're not paying attention. You ever drive to work and wind up sitting in the parking lot without the foggiest notion of how you got there? Your subconscious mind is so good at learning and repeating patterns that it managed to stop at every red light along the way, used your blinker to signal turns, and never plowed headlong into a bus full of nuns.

But it's a slow learner. You have to repeat the pattern many times before it will learn it and execute it without you having to think about it. Any idea you want to implant in your subconscious must be repeated over and over again.

As many times per day as you can, bring your mind back to your language and images of healing. It doesn't have to be for very long. 5 to 10 seconds will do nicely. Go for quantity and quality - not duration.

And finally, try to eliminate thought and talk of what is wrong with you. It's ok, and necessary, to do sometimes- but you want to minimize it. You don't want to be repeating a pattern for your subconscious to learn that is self-defeating. Find the slightest thing about your condition that is better than it was yesterday and HARP on it. Talk it up and try to convince yourself that it is evidence that your plan is working.

And on those days when everything looks the same or worse than the day before- LIE to yourself. Your subconscious cannot distinguish between what is real and what isn't. All it can do is learn and repeat patterns. (I'm not suggesting you deny any serious red flags. I'm just suggesting that a lack of progress can still be capitalized upon. If you're a good liar!)

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : May 15, 2019 6:55 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

Good stuff. See also Bruno Groening

Posted : May 16, 2019 12:05 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

rani wrote: Good stuff. See also Bruno Groening

Taken right from the Bruno Groening's Teachings section of the website:

The best way to take in the Heilstrom
In order to absorb the Heilstrom (healing stream), the person seeking help sits with hands open, palms facing up. Their arms and legs are not crossed, as crossing them blocks the free flow of the healing stream. Thoughts about illness and personal problems have an inhibiting effect, while thoughts about something pleasant are beneficial.

As the Heilstrom flows through the body, it makes contact with the organs which have been burdened through illness and begins its purification effect. This may lead to pain, which is an indication that the body is being cleansed. Since the illness as such is not the will of God, it will gradually be removed. In some cases, this can be spontaneous. This is why it is essential for the person concerned not to dwell on his illness, but, rather, to believe that for God, no illness is incurable.

I come from a scientific atheism background, so I tend to tailor my stuff more toward the "sciency" end of the spectrum. But if somebody's got a perspective from more of the energetic, or magical, or Godly side, I think this could likely be more effective for them.

Interestingly, a lot of the Hermetic, middle-path, ceremonial magic practitioners that I've seen use a model in which it is only through your subconscious mind that you can access God. Your conscious mind can't do it alone. You must learn to speak to the subconscious, which is then able to "translate" the message to the forces of creation and manifestation.

Thanks, Rani! I'm trying to collect as many techniques as I can find and I think this one is brilliant for those more "energetically" or "religiously" inclined.

Posted : May 16, 2019 4:24 AM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:
I come from a scientific atheism background, so I tend to tailor my stuff more toward the "sciency" end of the spectrum.

I do appreciate that I must come across as a raging hippy on this forum, but I too came from a technocratic materialist science upbringing. It was only after a couple of very intense "inexplicable" experiences that I started to question and dig into repressed topics. I did so with caution and scepticism initially, but I just kept getting more and more confirmations as I progressed.

That being said, here are some more raging hippy suggestions on healing techniques.

Spelling out disease with the Witch of Gallicia

Removing Wernicke Commands
. (this is a video aimed at kinesiologists, but you can also do it for yourself or have a friend help.)

Posted : May 17, 2019 3:16 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Rani,

I've got a penchant for both rage and hippies. So I think we'll get along swimmingly.

One minute into the Witch of Gallicia and I'm already in love. Really dig her worldview. "I am designed to be immune to all disease."

Posted : May 17, 2019 9:10 AM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:
One minute into the Witch of Gallicia and I'm already in love.

Also check out her 'Spelling out Authority' talk, which you'll love, but from the sounds of it, you don't really need : )

Mantak Chia's Inner smile & six healing sounds meditation is super excellent

You mentioned that you were doing this to help out a neighbour. With all this stuff it is useful to make a recording to listen to, rather than have to guide yourself. It puts you in a more passive, receptive frame of mind. Additionally, as with the Wernicke Commands, it is use 'you' instead of 'I'.

"YOU are at the peak of fitness. YOU can climb mountains effortlessly"

Posted : May 20, 2019 1:07 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

rani wrote: Also check out her 'Spelling out Authority' talk, which you'll love, but from the sounds of it, you don't really need : )

Mantak Chia's Inner smile & six healing sounds meditation is super excellent

You mentioned that you were doing this to help out a neighbour. With all this stuff it is useful to make a recording to listen to, rather than have to guide yourself. It puts you in a more passive, receptive frame of mind. Additionally, as with the Wernicke Commands, it is use 'you' instead of 'I'.

"YOU are at the peak of fitness. YOU can climb mountains effortlessly"

'Spelling out Authority' talk

Yup. I loved it. That chick's got three balls! Damn good find.

use 'you' instead of 'I'.

This is interesting. Never heard this before. Is it just for a recording, where you are listening to a disembodied voice tell you what you are, as opposed to listening to that voice saying "I," and essentially declaring what it is?

Posted : May 20, 2019 4:14 AM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:
use 'you' instead of 'I'.
This is interesting. Never heard this before. Is it just for a recording, where you are listening to a disembodied voice tell you what you are, as opposed to listening to that voice saying "I," and essentially declaring what it is?

I'm not sure of the mechanism, so I'm just spitballing here... I think that we are programmed to respond more strongly to external authority. When working yourself up you might be more inclined to say 'you can do this!' rather than 'I can do this!'. Perhaps it is training wheels for your 'I' until you have instilled in it the power to self-authorise.

Perhaps, as well, there is a clarity there. We have so many 'I's. The 'I' that struggles through the work day, the 'I' that you let loose out at the bar with your mates. Perhaps 'you' is a plural for all your 'I's.

Posted : May 21, 2019 10:02 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

rani wrote: I'm not sure of the mechanism, so I'm just spitballing here... I think that we are programmed to respond more strongly to external authority. When working yourself up you might be more inclined to say 'you can do this!' rather than 'I can do this!'. Perhaps it is training wheels for your 'I' until you have instilled in it the power to self-authorise.

Perhaps, as well, there is a clarity there. We have so many 'I's. The 'I' that struggles through the work day, the 'I' that you let loose out at the bar with your mates. Perhaps 'you' is a plural for all your 'I's.

Damn, woman! Your spitballs are solid.

I would find it hard to argue against any of these theories, but my favorite is "Perhaps it is training wheels for your 'I' until you have instilled in it the power to self-authorise." That's the world I would prefer to live in- rather than always being at the mercy of external "authorities."

Watch yourselves, guys, Rani loads her spitballing tube with depleted uranium.

Posted : May 22, 2019 5:17 AM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote: Damn, woman! Your spitballs are solid.

haha, no worries, mate.

While discussing placebo, I find it useful to also cast an eye on its' opposite effect. Our ability to make ourselves sick via our psyches. In the book "love your disease, it's keeping you healthy" MD and naturopath John Harrison discusses the psychological reasons, that in some cases, we require disease. He argues it has a psychologically protective function.

For example, a person who has only experienced parental affection when they were sick as a child may induce an illness in adulthood in order to feel worthy of love in a relationship. Or perhaps you could feel overwhelmed at work, but are too frightened of losing your job to complain. In that case an injury or illness provides a safe way for you to take a break from work without fear of reprisals.

It would be foolish to suggest that all disease is self-induced, it could be a useful question to ask yourself 'Does this disease serve a function in my life, and what better ways could I be fulfilling that need?'

[sidebar, this morning, my spell checker is fine with 'geoengineering' but choked on 'naturopath' suggesting instead 'nephropathy' which is a kidney disease. How's that for programming???]

Posted : May 23, 2019 10:12 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

rani wrote: haha, no worries, mate.

While discussing placebo, I find it useful to also cast an eye on its' opposite effect. Our ability to make ourselves sick via our psyches. In the book "love your disease, it's keeping you healthy" MD and naturopath John Harrison discusses the psychological reasons, that in some cases, we require disease. He argues it has a psychologically protective function.

For example, a person who has only experienced parental affection when they were sick as a child may induce an illness in adulthood in order to feel worthy of love in a relationship. Or perhaps you could feel overwhelmed at work, but are too frightened of losing your job to complain. In that case an injury or illness provides a safe way for you to take a break from work without fear of reprisals.

It would be foolish to suggest that all disease is self-induced, it could be a useful question to ask yourself 'Does this disease serve a function in my life, and what better ways could I be fulfilling that need?'

[sidebar, this morning, my spell checker is fine with 'geoengineering' but choked on 'naturopath' suggesting instead 'nephropathy' which is a kidney disease. How's that for programming???]

I think they call it the No-cebo effect. It's why it is so important to minimize negative talk and thought (and negative modifiers for your subconscious) when you are actually trying to heal.

I've encountered a number of people who claimed to want to get well, and then never did shit with the requested materials I gave them. I always thought they fell into two categories. Those who seemed to want to identify with their disease, making sure to tell everyone they encountered about the new tragedy their body was going through, and those who just wanted a few days off and some TLC.

And while I would never tell someone to "love their disease," I am certain that miracle cures are not ideal for the poor bastard who's just looking for a little break from the grind.

'Does this disease serve a function in my life, and what better ways could I be fulfilling that need?'

I think this is pretty advanced for the layman, but for those of us looking to "ascend" it is incredibly useful.

Good point, Ranes!

Posted : May 24, 2019 7:01 AM
Share: