Notifications
Clear all

Odor

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@smipapa)
Topic starter

Flash thought told my questioning mind that odors are not what we think. I just can't believe that taking the lid off the jar of peanut butter, and smelling it, that little PB particles are floating up my nose, and my complex of sensors can process it.

What if it's an essence - if everything is vibration/energy and maybe just intent - than are we just communing with the essence of that element? I'm reaching yea, but hey, this is fun!

Posted : August 23, 2019 9:19 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

I agree, scents are a fascinating thing. Even crazier, it seems that scents and geometry are related, meaning certain geometries, like the coffee molecules gives them their characteristics of absorption. Something Gunter Pauli once alluded to, but I’m no expert.

Not to mention memory triggers. Smells can trigger memories I haven’t thought of in decades, in an instant.
Interesting rabbit hole to go down to!

Posted : August 23, 2019 10:16 AM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

the weirdest thing with smell is you can get a buzz from just smelling wine. also smelling weed is always nice.

Posted : August 23, 2019 4:02 PM
benhacked
(@benhacked)

Something smells fishy. Just one example of a psych or linguistic connection between smell and intuition.

Posted : October 3, 2019 6:46 AM
Share: