Flat Earth being a PsyOp

35 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey fellow THCers,

I've been following discussions on the flat earth vs globe earth models for some time now. Out of all conspiracies, this still seems to be the one to trigger anger in a lot of people (Not saying that means it's valid). Usually if the context is more conspiratorial, accusations of the flat earth being a psyop to discredit "real conspiracies" are usually put out there in the discussion.

Does anyone have evidence or examples for the case of flat earth being a psyop? Of course this is more about flat earth being a psyop and less about if it's true, but feel free to express your views on the heliocentric theory vs the flat earth theory as well.

Posted : December 19, 2017 2:03 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks @shamangineer for sharing your thoughts and linking to a previous post. I've heard a rumor of Eric Dubay possibly being a CIA agent and was wondering if there was something to that or similar things with other people as well.

Posted : December 19, 2017 11:29 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

It would be simple enough t test.
Stand on a beach with a telescope and take a pic of Australia. (or similar)
Something so easy to confirm, but avoided, screams manipulation to me.

Posted : December 20, 2017 1:21 AM
(@thejosh)

As Carlwood says, I'm "Earth Shape Agnostic" at this point. That said, I've followed Flat Earth for quite a while and I have to say there are some people that really seem to stick out as not being genuine. ODD put out a video showing how Mark Sargent & Patricia Steere have some very shady backstory. Anyone that's followed FE on youtube is aware of Mark Sargent, I'm sure, but in just in case: He is the creator of "Flat Earth Clues" which is one of the first documentary-length films one comes across when researching FE (and for some, it's the series that made them truly question the official stance). Patricia Steere is more of a minor player; she doesn't really make any original statements of her own, but provides more of a platform for other FE'ers on her interview style show called "Flat Earth and other hot potatoes." Here's the video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtLIhaJlBYU

A few points from ODD's video that stand out to me are:

1. Mark & Patricia supposedly met AFTER finding Flat Earth. ODD's video shows that isn't quite true.
  2. There's varying backstory's on Patricia's true age, things like her mother's death date, etc.
  3. Mark & Patricia both have smartphone apps made by a company called "Metatron" which supposedly came to them and offered to help make the apps for them. Metatron is not some indie developer; rather they appear to be a corporation with some interesting motivations.
  4. Their smartphone apps don't really offer much that you can't already find on YouTube video searches, yet they require a ton of permissions like access to your camera, microphone, ability to always run even when phone is asleep, etc. Way too many permissions for a simple youtube-linking app.
  5. Here's a big one for me: Those same apps have a version history that goes back to 2010! I've attached screenshot of this one in case someone doesn't want to watch the video. As a software & app developer myself, this one seems really really sketchy. Mark's app was initially submitted to app store in March of 2010 and Patricia's June 2010. This would be several years before they said they stumbled upon flat earth.

There's some dirt on Dubay too, another major player in FE (arguably the #1 person of reigniting the whole subject), i.e. his girlfriend being the daughter of a high ranking military officer in Thailand, living on Thai military base, and Eric living in Washington after claiming he's never been there.

Sure, none of these things are proof of a psyop. However, they aren't what you'd expect to find from someone who has been truthful. Mark & Patricia try to come across transparent to strengthen their devotion to flat earth, in fact even giving out his own phone number for anyone that want's to call him. It just doesn't make sense.

Posted : December 30, 2017 2:36 PM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@josh I'm not familiar with Flat Earth Clues, I'll look into it. Thanks for summarizing the points of the video. Also, the video is unavailable with the youtube link you provided.

@metalegs I've searched for the longest distance ever captured and I came across this picture. This is allegedly the "Current World Record of distant landscape photagrahy" at 443 km (275 miles).

https://beyondhorizons.eu/2016/08/03/pic-de-finestrelles-pic-gaspard-ecrins-443-km/

Is it possible to see the peeks of the mountains according to the globe earth model? Would atmospheric refraction account for the curvature we should see in this pic?

Posted : January 26, 2018 5:10 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

Should we be about to see this in the globe model. No....and yes.
There seems to be as many calculations for curve as there are theories. Even so if we assume the picture is what they say it is. It seems to be taken from a fairly high vantage point and its a picture of mountains. So how high is it from, and how high are the mountains viewed? If they are both 5 miles high that would compensate for a lot of curve.

Posted : January 29, 2018 9:27 PM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@metalegs The mountain the picture is taken from elevation is 1.75 miles and the mountain in the center of the picture (at 443 km) elevation is 2.5 miles. Are there any other variables we need for an accurate calculation?

@josh I followed up on Mark and Patricia and I can definitely see the sketchiness. That app store thing is pretty weird. An app is not going to ask for permission on something unless the app will use it (unless they mistakenly coded it in which isn't plausible imo). I also think it's a bit much that "Flat Earth International Conference" 2018 price has nearly doubled from last year's. Dubay's girlfriend's parents both working for the Royal Thai Military is strange as well. Thanks again for the info, I wasn't really familiar with Mark and I haven't heard of Patricia.

I find that B.O.B's gofundme campaign is strange. At first he was asking for $200,000, then he elevated it to one million! The money is going to go towards weather balloons and "research"...
https://www.gofundme.com/showBoBthecurve

Maybe a better case to put forward would be how are people using the flat earth to make money...

Posted : February 1, 2018 2:27 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Flat Earther Fails To Launch His Homemade Rocket -- Yet Again

Posted : February 4, 2018 6:58 PM
(@lunarscorpio)

I think that flat Earth is indeed, a Psy-op. I believe that it's one of many a parameter calibration of sorts, with the hope of determining what the limits are in terms of the "distracting, divisive devices" that can be employed into the mass consciousness. A metric for how much irrelevant, sleight-of-hand bullshit that one can fool the masses with.

A nation, let alone a world, divided is subject to the distraction of internal conflict. External manipulations can go almost completely unnoticed when employing these "devices."

The Psy-op originators to the people:
"Keep yourselves distracted by questioning established fact, rather than uniting against New World Order."

Posted : February 25, 2018 7:04 AM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

It most certainly has signs & fingerprints of being a psyop. With that said, NASA is, in my opinion (after years of research), most certainly NOT to be trusted on any matter. Many people make the mistake of taking that to believe this proves flat earth. This is illogical & a nonsequitor. That said, the equation we're given for earth curvature proves ZERO curvature, & I've yet to see any reliable proofs of curvature. It is what it is!

Posted : February 28, 2018 5:43 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Neil Kramer stated that there is a flat earth inside a larger sphere/planet. Like a upper & lower that are reflections of each other.

Posted : March 1, 2018 3:21 AM
(@matrixshifter)

Another thing that I wonder is how these people came out of nowhere. Such as Mark Sargent, and the other youtubers. Massive followers, and most of them also have online radio shows with Truth Frequency Radio. It just seems odd.. Also with the recent youtube purge, guess who didn't get wiped out, the flat earthers.

Posted : March 13, 2018 10:01 PM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

matrixshifter wrote: Another thing that I wonder is how these people came out of nowhere. Such as Mark Sargent, and the other youtubers. Massive followers, and most of them also have online radio shows with Truth Frequency Radio. It just seems odd.. Also with the recent youtube purge, guess who didn't get wiped out, the flat earthers.

as a heavy youtuber at the time flat earth surfaced, i can attest that it was HEAVILY featured & pushed via their "recommended" sections. clearly their algorithms were promoting certain videos & channels.

Posted : March 14, 2018 11:13 PM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

matrixshifter wrote: Another thing that I wonder is how these people came out of nowhere. Such as Mark Sargent, and the other youtubers. Massive followers, and most of them also have online radio shows with Truth Frequency Radio. It just seems odd.. Also with the recent youtube purge, guess who didn't get wiped out, the flat earthers.

I think this perfectly answers your question regarding how these people just popped up out of nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCzgrvIiN-4YGDifXWyOFHGEGjwtkLj8R

Posted : March 15, 2018 3:12 PM
Page 1 / 3
Share: