Clear all

Peter Allen: Mastadon Valley Farms

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tooltime88)
Topic starter

Hello all

I just wanted to say we received our first order of meat from Mastadon Valley Farms yesterday. It was packaged very nicely and we sampled the jerky today, it was amazing! I haven't bought beef jerky in a LONG time because I got used to deer jerky which is the best because they are wild animals living under mainly natural conditions. After getting used to deer store bought jerky just tastes awful to me. But I am very thankful to have found this, I can already tell these animals are living much better than where ever the "other guys" get their meat. I can NOT wait to try the rest! thanks for finding this one! If anyone is on the fence about it I will be sure to let you know how the rest is once we get to cook another piece from the order. We ordered on Monday and got it Wednesday which was WAY faster than we expected and we haven't even found a farmers market open yet to get some healthy sides to accompany this meat LOL I'm interested to know if anyone else out there has tried it.

Posted : June 7, 2019 12:15 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

That's awesome, I'm glad people are trying out this service.
I'm curious, does it come in the package with dry ice packs, or anything for the trip?

Bonne appétit!:rolleyes:

Posted : June 7, 2019 12:40 AM
(@tooltime88)
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: That's awesome, I'm glad people are trying out this service.
I'm curious, does it come in the package with dry ice packs, or anything for the trip?

Bonne appétit!:rolleyes:

Yes it was still Frozen solid when we received it. It was insulated well also.

Posted : June 7, 2019 1:47 AM
(@tooltime88)
Topic starter

Hey all I just wanted to post an update here about Mastadon Valley Farms meat. My wife and I have tried the breakfast sausage and the Bacon so far and Holy Crap I can't wait to order some more of that!!!! It really really tastes like wild animal meat its great. I cooked the sausage in a pan and cooked some diced potatoes and cage free organic eggs and then added that all together and it was fantastic. The bacon we tried in the oven , neither my wife or I have ever had much luck cooking bacon in a pan but I read somehwere that if you cook it at 400 degrees on a pan for about 15 minutes it turns out perfect. If anyone is on the fence about ordering I say go for it. I will update again as we try more of the shipment we received.
Cheers!!!

Posted : July 2, 2019 1:19 AM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

Thanks! Your update is making me salivate! I would order $200 of just bacon and sausage from them if I could.

I’m curious, does eating this humanely raised and slaughtered meat impart any of the implied benefits? Is it karmically balanced?

Posted : July 3, 2019 10:04 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

There are nutritional (and i’m sure karmic) differences between low-vibration and high vibration, in general.

I believe Peter in that episode was talking of the amounts of omega-3 fats found in good bacon. Same also for pretty much anything else, including vegetables and fruits. Or water.

I think that’s why you feel more satiated after you eat a good meal, with less quantity too.

Posted : July 4, 2019 3:33 AM
Share: