No episodes release...

Notifications
Clear all

No episodes released in August yet, is Greg on vacation?

15 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Just wondering.

signature

Posted : August 13, 2019 4:12 PM
(@idefix)
Trusted Member

and also, when he comes back. is the first episode something around epstien? to much shit there not have a chat about on this site. or maybe it will be talked about on the next joint session

Posted : August 13, 2019 6:44 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://twitter.com/HighersideChats/status/1161080288409051142?s=20

It looks like he’s in the middle of switching servers with Wednesday as ETA.

Posted : August 13, 2019 7:43 PM
bringer_
(@bringer_)

enjoypolo wrote: https://twitter.com/HighersideChats/status/1161080288409051142?s=20

It looks like he’s in the middle of switching servers with Wednesday as ETA.

I came here looking for information just like this. Thank you!

Posted : August 13, 2019 10:46 PM
BuRNiTDoWN
(@burnitdown)

I seen a post, Greg said he has a bunch piling up so pre recorded I imagine it won't be Epstein right away. Canned not wait for Greg to pull the curtains backon that situation.

Posted : August 14, 2019 8:01 PM
(@greatshakes)

The main site redesign is up. Looks nice! https://www.thehighersidechats.com/

Posted : August 16, 2019 4:58 PM
BuRNiTDoWN
(@burnitdown)

I agree very smooth, now that it's up and running it's like Xmas waiting for some new shows

Posted : August 16, 2019 5:04 PM
(@anotherplane)

Came here to ask this too. Hope everything is alright.

Posted : August 16, 2019 9:32 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Yeaah! The time we've all been waiting for at last.
I hope the issues will be resolved for y'all soon.

https://www.thehighersidechats.com/an-important-update-from-thc/

Posted : August 17, 2019 4:00 AM
BuRNiTDoWN
(@burnitdown)

enjoypolo wrote: Yeaah! The time we've all been waiting for at last.

Great show, amazing content... So much knowledge to take in. Love it!

Posted : August 17, 2019 4:18 AM
bringer_
(@bringer_)

I had to resolve the subscription error myself: I cancelled my subscription, and resubscribed. I did not hear back from Greg about my numerous inquiries, which does disappoint me, but I'm still here, so obviously it wasn't a deal breaker.

Greg, if I get charged double this month because I cancelled and resubscribed, will hook a brother up somehow to make it right? I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Aar0n_

Posted : August 17, 2019 6:41 PM
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

bringer_ wrote: I had to resolve the subscription error myself: I cancelled my subscription, and resubscribed. I did not hear back from Greg about my numerous inquiries, which does disappoint me, but I'm still here, so obviously it wasn't a deal breaker.

Greg, if I get charged double this month because I cancelled and resubscribed, will hook a brother up somehow to make it right? I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Aar0n_

I haven't been able to log-in at the new site.

signature

Posted : August 18, 2019 1:07 AM
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: Yeaah! The time we've all been waiting for at last.

I can't log-in at the new site. Getting an wrong Username/Password "error" message every time I try.

signature

Posted : August 18, 2019 1:08 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

hisich wrote: I can't log-in at the new site. Getting an wrong Username/Password "error" message every time I try.

Have you tried resetting your password on the new site?
If so, and the issue persists, you may have to contact Greg directly by email, and wait for the next few days. Fingers crossed.
Having said that, here's a more detailed statement from Greg himself regarding the issues:

Nassim was my first show posted with the new system and clearly I'm going to have to get more direction over the new protocol to get both shows showing up right. I won't be able to talk to the developer until Monday, but there is a weird fix: If you're signed in on the Plus site and you press play on the front page slider, it will be the Plus show.

A quick tip is if the show starts with the Intro song right away, you know it's the right version. The free show starts with a Plus ad.

Obviously it won't always be like this, but it's a tip to get through the weekend.

As for the rest:

"The initial issue with Plus access becoming unsynced from their payment cycle happened when we switched Subscription Management systems back in Feb. The one I was using stopped making updates, so it was losing compatibility and functionality with Wordpress, so my hand was forced.
Since then, I've spent a good chunk of time each day, manually adjusting accounts to keep that access coming. I've been talking with the company directly, and they keep telling me they've implemented a fix, and then the problem recurs.

Now add in the development of the new THC website and the Plus consolidation, and I got a lot of issues stacking up.

The good news is that I have all hands on deck at this point: The development team, their bosses, the subscription management company and their developers, etc. and I got them all talking to each other so I don't have to play the middleman and further delay the process.

I've been waiting for them to implement a mass fix that would straighten out our database, but I just don't think I can wait anymore. You can't wait anymore.

The new site is up in a fairly stable form now. We have more to do, but in terms of a Plus member signing in and hearing a Plus show, we got that at least: https://www.thehighersidechats.com/

So I'm going to do another round of manual adjustments to fix your Plus member access, but on the new site. You should be able to login there now and access the Plus shows, including the one with Nassim that I just posted last night.

Two major issues pertaining to Plus people remain:

1. Most podcast listeners subscribe to the RSS feed rather than going to a site itself. Well, right now, something related to the new server's security is blocking Plus Member credentials to the new Plus Member feed, which will be: https://www.thehighersidechats.com/feed/thc-plus/

This is an issue I've seen before on servers, and once the Dev team figures out what setting is causing the block, it should be able to be lifted.

2. I'm fixing your account manually. I hope it sticks, but until the developers assure me we have a site-wide fix, I can't promise we won't have this problem again next cycle. I'm just trying to be honest, but I'm hoping a 3 week window is more than enough time to get something done. Email me then if you need to, and you'll get a much faster response I'm sure.

Apologies again, this is obviously not normal and we should be completely out of the woods by next week, so I'm being told. I have purposely tried to hold off on releasing shows during a time where we have such a infrastructural issue for Plus Members, but it's too late in the month at this point so we got to push forward.

Thanks for bearing with me. I hope I've racked up enough goodwill that we can weather this temporary storm. "

Posted : August 18, 2019 4:50 AM
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: Have you tried resetting your password on the new site?
If so, and the issue persists, you may have to contact Greg directly by email, and wait for the next few days. Fingers crossed.
Having said that, here's a more detailed statement from Greg himself regarding the issues:

It appears the issue has been resolved. Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to catching up on the episodes!

signature

Posted : August 22, 2019 2:48 PM
Share: