Clear all

Brian T: sports corruption

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@naphtha)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I’m back, after a slight siesta of all things digital, I’m back on the site.
What caught my ear in this episode was the Horse racing. Iv has many different type jobs, but my most recent one involved working with horses. All kinds, from race to reigners, dressage or hunter/jumpers. Cutters, ropers and your every day trail horses. Horses are everywhere, and I traveled a few states doing this.
The point of the background is to give reference to a quick story. You meet all sorts of people. One fella I had a talk with was an old bull rider, let’s call him “Jim”. I worked with this guy. If you know the sport of bull riding, you may have heard this guys name. After a bull crushed his hip, he got into horses. Race horses.
He told me the money was in racehorses. Thoroughbreds. He used to buy and sell all through the 80s and 90s. Think of it like flipping a house.
Anyways Jim told me in casual conversation that the mob controls horse racing. He said it in a way, that was no big deal. As if it was common knowledge. Italian mob especially in the Kentucky, Pennsylvania regions where racing is the hottest.
But there was a guy Jim knew, that held the horses at the beginning of the race. He was betting against the horse he held, which was a pretty good contender. When the gates opened, he held the bridle of the horse for half a second longer, giving the horse slow start.
Jim told him he ought to knock it off before the mob clips him. Apparently a few weeks later that’s exactly what happened. The guy ran over by a dump truck. It was a “head on” collision, but Jim said the fella was already dead when he was put in the car. The dump truck mess was just the coverup of the actual murder.
Don’t fuck with the mob or horse racing.

Posted : August 13, 2019 2:51 PM
(@bruwaste)

The Corruption in Sports was a great episode as always. Eye opener for sure.

Just saw a commercial with a "100 Years" patch on a football player jersey. We know we are in for something special this year no doubt.

Posted : September 3, 2019 3:56 PM
jayiniowa
(@jayiniowa)

I just listened to this episode and checked out the website. I used to think it would be way to tough to fix professional sports. I'm taking this subject way more seriously now. This may explain why there's been so many crap strikes called on my Cubs this last few weeks.

Posted : September 5, 2019 6:33 PM
Share: