Self-taught outsider artist

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello all,
I am a 28 y/o farming artist trying to live my life best I can for me and all. I have a BS in biology. I started doodling in lecture notebooks for intellectual and spiritual survival in my upper level science classes. I moved to NY to pursue farming opportunities, but spent just as much time and energy exploring fine art, underground comics, and hardcore punk. I've been drawing and making art for about 5 years. I think i am channeling when i draw. If you are interested in original drawings, paintings, zines, ... Please get in contact

You can see most of my art at
fam0us-art.tumblr.com
Also a store
magickthegrappling.bigcartel.com

Posted : January 29, 2017 6:26 PM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Two 1pg comics from 2014

Posted : February 7, 2017 3:44 PM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I love you

Posted : March 7, 2017 4:28 PM
(@ratasha)

i really like the "i will never crash" one

Posted : April 11, 2017 11:30 AM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks so much! Still flying high too

jess85 wrote: i really like the "i will never crash" one

Posted : April 16, 2017 3:59 AM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

<3

Posted : April 16, 2017 4:04 AM
aboveisbelow
(@aboveisbelow)
Trusted Member

Good start reallyclear! I would recommend you get a sketchbook with plain paper and some good quality art markers to color your illustrations with. The more detail and time you put into it the better! Good luck!

Posted : September 30, 2017 12:43 AM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

aboveisbelow wrote: Good start reallyclear! I would recommend you get a sketchbook with plain paper and some good quality art markers to color your illustrations with. The more detail and time you put into it the better! Good luck!

Thanks a lot for looking but im actually perfectly happy with my materials and process i thrift notebooks of many kinds (esp if they contain kid art or interesting notes). I think my favorite notebook find is two pages in black crayon: the first says "ive got the magic", and the next says "magic" with a scribble below it.

Posted : September 30, 2017 9:27 PM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : September 30, 2017 9:35 PM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : November 9, 2017 3:42 AM
orangeluckypierre
(@orangeluckypierre)

reallyclear13 wrote: Hello all,
I am a 28 y/o farming artist trying to live my life best I can for me and all. I have a BS in biology. I started doodling in lecture notebooks for intellectual and spiritual survival in my upper level science classes. I moved to NY to pursue farming opportunities, but spent just as much time and energy exploring fine art, underground comics, and hardcore punk. I've been drawing and making art for about 5 years. I think i am channeling when i draw. If you are interested in original drawings, paintings, zines, ... Please get in contact

You can see most of my art at
fam0us-art.tumblr.com
Also a store
magickthegrappling.bigcartel.com

I think some of these are really good and I like the utilitarian materials. I'd put some of them in a frame and put it on my wall, but it's a tough gig being an artist.

The Anus that made Britain Great!
Captain Mango Ltd. - www.edibleanus.com

Posted : January 9, 2018 10:00 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Hey man,
killer artistic expression! I like how you mentioned feeling like you were channeling while doing your ART. BIG 10-4 on that one!
I wrote a wordpress blog about that once called "Automatic Writing,Automatic Blogs" expressing a similar feeling.
THAT is one of the most important kinds of ARTISTIC feelings almost all authentic artists have when they are producing their craft....NO MATTER what style or genre or leVel it might be
at currently. Thank you, ReallyClear13, for sharing your expression with the class.

On A Sidenote, i'm confused by this members "New Member" status when they signed up awhile ago. Is that tied in with how many messages the member makes? Maybe they didn't renew?
I've seen that a few times and wondered. Cheers!

P.S. Nice quilt!

Posted : April 26, 2018 6:59 PM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : December 18, 2018 5:21 AM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : December 18, 2018 5:24 AM
(@reallyclear13)
Eminent Member