Researching and Writing

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hatzman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi all,

I've always been interested in the idea of writing a book. If I can actually do it, that's another thing 🙂

Given my enjoyment and appreciation of the conspiracy domain in general, it feels like a good combination.

However, I don't know quite where to start. I suppose I like the conspiracies that tie to ancient cultures/aliens/etc... (maybe I watched too much Stargate SG1?). But how does one pick a topic and start the research.

One of my hurdles is that I am expecting my first child in the coming months. Travelling for research will not be possible. Can one successfully and properly research a topic without going to the location in person?

Interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

Posted : January 31, 2017 12:59 AM
(@bwagoneruwm)

I have often thought of writing a book with all of the knowledge I have obtained over the years browsing conspiracy sites and watching YouTube videos. To answer one of your questions I don't think you have to travel nowadays to be able to gather enough info to write a book, that being said I do believe it would make the book better if you had some first hand experiences/evidence to share with the reader.

The topic is the kicker, it used to be you write a book about aliens and you were good to go. Now with the conspiracy world going down so many different roads, which way do you go? What topic sells nowadays?lol

Posted : March 23, 2017 3:29 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Perhaps start with a blog / essays, topics will come to you and the ones that stick are your candidates for further expansion.

Posted : March 24, 2017 11:54 AM
Share: