Notifications
Clear all

Natural Dye Business

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tylers)
Topic starter

Hello my name is Tyler Stoltzfus. I am from Lancaster County, PA, and yep the place where all of the Amish are located. I have a start up company with a friend called Green Matters Natural Dye Company. We use plant based dyes to eliminate the use of synthetic chemical dyes used for most of production these days. It is estimated that 9 trillion gallons of synthetic dye chemicals are being dumped into the waterways every year. This is just one of the many ways our water supply and environment are being heavily polluted by petroleum based bullshit. As I'm sure many of your are aware, there are much better options.

Eco-friendly consciousness, specifically the fashion industry, is on the rise and we believe we are on to something. We are a startup and working on building our client base. I am an avid listener to THC and Greg finally sold me to becoming a plus member. I figured I'd stop by here and say hello and tell you all about what I have going on. If any of you have a clothing company with a sustainable consciousness, we should talk. There aren't many other companies using natural dye and could be something that really helps you differentiate yourself considering the fashion market is so saturated. I also would love to talk to anyone just interested or has any questions.

I'll be an entrepreneur for life and plan on fighting the system anyway I can. I resinate with Greg when he goes off about how much of our society is lazy and lacking any sort of creativity or drive. I figure that is why most of you are here as well. To hell with the system and let's make things happen on our own!

Check out our website at greenmattersnaturaldyecompany.com
Instagram: @greenmattersnaturaldyeco

Posted : April 19, 2017 7:08 PM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

I am inventive, but not financially motivated. I fabricate a lot of one-offs and stay close to home. But I like what you want to do there. Good fortune to you.

Posted : April 21, 2017 2:04 AM
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member

Beautiful biz you've made. The cochineal would look great on a yurt.

Posted : April 22, 2017 3:57 PM
(@eyesopenall3)

Love what you guys are doing! Followed and DMed on IG. Check us out @thinkcreativedeaignlab

Posted : May 11, 2017 6:35 PM
(@gorgias)

curiousgeorge wrote: greenmattersnaturaldyecompany.com

Sounds great! So, how's it going?

Posted : March 13, 2018 3:47 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Love it Tyler. My partner has been swayed by sustainable clothing and dyeing and is currently setting up her own shop as well.
Most people here in Vancouver, BC still don't know much about natural dyes but I can feel the tide shifting slowly.
I took a natural dyeing workshop in Japan recently, and had much work. They re-use 'wasteful' resources such as iron mordant from the local shipyard factory that otherwise is dumped, as well as oyster shells from the sea, and local persimmons resulting in a beautiful brownish colour on canvas. Natural dyes, like leather, age very well and take on character that's unique.
Anyway, best of luck to you onwards, great to see these things popping up in this community.

Posted : March 13, 2018 6:29 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

An update from this guy would be cool. Wonder how his biz is doing? Well, I hope. It's a great idea!

Posted : April 23, 2018 9:43 PM
Share: