Notifications
Clear all

Did it, quit my job!!

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@macpark)
Topic starter

Heya guys. So today I did what I have wanted to do for a long time. I quit my job to focus on my own personal taste (Music) and spend more time with my family. After many years working my heart and soul for a big corporation and just looking at myself as a "Failed" musician I decided to just do it. I have always just wanted to play music and enjoy my family. I am now 33 and at my current place I was seeing myself looking back on 20 years regretting not having a good crack at playing music. So I have taken the plunge and quit my shitty job working for the man and am gonna have a crack at a music project I have wanted to get off the ground the last 5 or so years. My awesome wife is 100% behind me and she herself never went back to work after having our daughter and started a home business doing what she loves. Its going well so why not have a crack at what I love hey?

Greg my man I owe you some thanks for keeping the thoughts in my head to quit the rat race and do what I want. I owe you a THC song at some point down the track. I think you need a heavy rock track. End of the day this might all blow up in my face but if I dont try I will never know and its worth a shot. I can always go back to the shitty job if really needed but I am staying positive and am gonna make this work.

Cheers guys. Ill keep you updated on my adventures., Marc

Posted : April 23, 2016 1:40 PM
repco
(@repco)

Marc
me too, 40 years of making some other frickin bastard rich, started my own company designing innovative online learning systems for electrical engineering students. No more 9-5 no more road rage in 3hrs per day of traffic, no more cock suckers telling what to do...

It's a great feeling, thanks Greg..

Pete

Posted : April 25, 2016 3:02 AM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member

That is awesome, congratulations on moving on from a soul sucking occupation! It's great that your wife is so supportive with this.

Posted : April 26, 2016 2:04 AM
(@meme-troll)

Congratulations. Let us know when and where we can get the music.

Posted : May 4, 2016 12:12 AM
aboveisbelow
(@aboveisbelow)
Trusted Member

Congrats macpark! Good luck! Hope it works out well and I'll buy your album let us know when you release it.

Posted : May 6, 2016 1:57 AM
(@macpark)
Topic starter

thanks guys ill keep you updated

Posted : May 9, 2016 12:06 PM
(@starfox_mulder)

Just saw this post -- congratulations Macpark!! How's everything working out so far? Have any content you feel like sharing with us yet?

Posted : September 18, 2016 8:22 PM
Share: