Clear all

a suggestion... Separate the audio player from

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@themachine)
Topic starter

Hi,

Great job. All your content is amazing, entertaining ect. Greg truly is a great host and writer.

A small suggestion.

Please separate the audioplayer from the rest of the sites page content.

From the WP perspective that could mean integrating a mediaplayer plugin at the Site or theme level and not the page level.

The following unpleasant behavior currently persists:

refreshing a specific episodes site page also refreshes the audioplayer, which stops audio playback and causes the loss of timestamp memory.

This proposed change would also add the benefit of being able to browse through the site in desktop mode in a single tab while listening to a selected or current episode.

Posted : December 19, 2016 9:33 PM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member

You can open the player in a separate window and see if that improves your listening experience and the problems that are associated with playing the episode directly from the page. There is an option for it below the integrated player plugin. Hope this helps.

Posted : December 20, 2016 9:19 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Yeah, sorry, I wouldn't know how to do that. Maybe you have advice?

Otherwise, I would suggest the same thing ChromeRhino did.

Posted : February 7, 2017 6:48 AM
jcc123
(@jcc123)

themachine wrote: Hi,

Great job. All your content is amazing, entertaining ect. Greg truly is a great host and writer.

A small suggestion.

Please separate the audioplayer from the rest of the sites page content.

From the WP perspective that could mean integrating a mediaplayer plugin at the Site or theme level and not the page level.

The following unpleasant behavior currently persists:

refreshing a specific episodes site page also refreshes the audioplayer, which stops audio playback and causes the loss of timestamp memory.

This proposed change would also add the benefit of being able to browse through the site in desktop mode in a single tab while listening to a selected or current episode.

Thank you for mentioning this! I’m new to Plus and the reason I come on here is to hear the sht I missed in the podcast version, but you can only advance the audio in 15 second increments.

I was tapping that thing so much this morning, I accidentally clicked on the twitter logo, which opened the Twitter app and lost my 12 minutes of HARD fast forwarding progress! lol I can laugh at it now...

Posted : December 15, 2017 1:39 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Umm, I will see what I can do but you should both know you can always just download the MP3 itself and listen using any mp3 player, correct? You don't have to stream from the website?

Posted : December 18, 2017 9:44 PM
jcc123
(@jcc123)

TheCarlwood wrote: Umm, I will see what I can do but you should both know you can always just download the MP3 itself and listen using any mp3 player, correct? You don't have to stream from the website?

Hahaha I ended up figuring that out after my moment of frustration - Thank you! Technologeez.

Posted : December 18, 2017 11:31 PM
Share: