Clear all

Bright orange light in the sky - for days

31 Posts
11 Users
11 Likes
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I'm in South London and i saw in the sky just as the sun set today flashing lights behind some clouds. I watched for a bit and then carried on my way home

Looking out my window I've been seeing and orange light and occasional flashing.

Yesterday it was reported in West London and people are saying in Twitter that its lights they are using to germinate the grass in Wembley stadium. But that doesn't make sense because many of us are seeing it facing south west, the opposite direction to Wembley.
Also its been seen in Scotland and i saw someone tweet about orange lights in California.

I think the more likely explanation is this comet ..

https://astronomy.com/observing/sky-this-week/2021/12/the-sky-this-week-from-december-17-to-31

"Friday, December 17
2021’s best comet, C/2021 A1 (Leonard), floats just 5° below Venus in the evening sky tonight. Depending on the Leonard’s current magnitude, it may be just visible to the naked eye in the falling twilight.

To catch the stunning scene, turn southwest after sunset. You absolutely won’t be able to miss Venus’ magnitude –4.9 glow, still 20° above the horizon as the Sun disappears. Let the sky begin to darken and your eyes adjust with it as you start scanning for Leonard’s faint, fuzzy coma."

looking on twitter, this has been sighted all week but I'm not sure the comet explanation covers the week?

This is a video from a guy saying its Wembley stadium and its quite bright:

[MEDIA=twitter]1471921452567904257

This is my pic

What do you guys think?

Posted : December 17, 2021 8:14 PM
Entropy200c
(@entropy200c)

I've been noticing a lot of unreal, almost apocalyptic, clouds and colors like nothing I've seen before. Of course these oddities are most evident as the sun rises or falls. However, most days with "clear sky", it looks very strange.
I do live about 10 minutes away from the largest privately owned airpark in the US. Which is now mainly occupied by Amazon and other smaller companies; was formerly a massive ABX Air / DHL operation.
A bit more down the road there's this air force base some people might be familiar with...you know the one with the giant underground cryogenic lab where they're said to have taken that Roswell shit. Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Not to mention a few inconspicuous looking office buildings in-between those two locations full of drone control rooms.
But still, all that doesn't equate to the level of WW3 looking atmosphere I'm seeing everyday.
Pictures from the past few months attached

Posted : December 18, 2021 7:17 AM
Entropy200c
(@entropy200c)

entropy200c wrote:
I've been noticing a lot of unreal, almost apocalyptic, clouds and colors like nothing I've seen before. Of course these oddities are most evident as the sun rises or falls. However, most days with "clear sky", it looks very strange.
I do live about 10 minutes away from the largest privately owned airpark in the US. Which is now mainly occupied by Amazon and other smaller companies; was formerly a massive ABX Air / DHL operation.
A bit more down the road there's this air force base some people might be familiar with...you know the one with the giant underground cryogenic lab where they're said to have taken that Roswell shit. Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Not to mention a few inconspicuous looking office buildings in-between those two locations full of drone control rooms.
But still, all that doesn't equate to the level of WW3 looking atmosphere I'm seeing everyday.
Pictures from the past few months attached

Posted : December 18, 2021 7:19 AM
jellebean reacted
Entropy200c
(@entropy200c)

Posted : December 18, 2021 7:23 AM
(@naintara)

smaddy wrote:
I'm in South London and i saw in the sky just as the sun set today flashing lights behind some clouds. I watched for a bit and then carried on my way home

Looking out my window I've been seeing and orange light and occasional flashing.

Yesterday it was reported in West London and people are saying in Twitter that its lights they are using to germinate the grass in Wembley stadium. But that doesn't make sense because many of us are seeing it facing south west, the opposite direction to Wembley.
Also its been seen in Scotland and i saw someone tweet about orange lights in California.

I think the more likely explanation is this comet ..

https://astronomy.com/observing/sky-this-week/2021/12/the-sky-this-week-from-december-17-to-31

"Friday, December 17
2021’s best comet, C/2021 A1 (Leonard), floats just 5° below Venus in the evening sky tonight. Depending on the Leonard’s current magnitude, it may be just visible to the naked eye in the falling twilight.

To catch the stunning scene, turn southwest after sunset. You absolutely won’t be able to miss Venus’ magnitude –4.9 glow, still 20° above the horizon as the Sun disappears. Let the sky begin to darken and your eyes adjust with it as you start scanning for Leonard’s faint, fuzzy coma."

looking on twitter, this has been sighted all week but I'm not sure the comet explanation covers the week?

This is a video from a guy saying its Wembley stadium and its quite bright:

[MEDIA=twitter]1471921452567904257

This is my pic

What do you guys think?

Hi Smaddy,

Where abouts in south London was this taken from? I'm in SE London, right behind Crystal Palace Park, and wondering if this might be from the Lightopia festival that is happening there - they are projecting beams into the sky, although these are moving about a fair bit and it doesn't really look consistent with your photo. But worth eliminating as a line of enquiry!

Posted : December 18, 2021 3:08 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

naintara wrote:
Hi Smaddy,

Where abouts in south London was this taken from? I'm in SE London, right behind Crystal Palace Park, and wondering if this might be from the Lightopia festival that is happening there - they are projecting beams into the sky, although these are moving about a fair bit and it doesn't really look consistent with your photo. But worth eliminating as a line of enquiry!

Ahh yes im actually down the road from you so that must have at least been the flashing lights I saw. Thanks! I can't believe I haven't heard about it, I haven't seen any posters or anything... It looks interesting tho, I might go, have you been?

But yh I'm not sure about the orange light especially since it was spotted in Hammersmith, Scotland and Sussex.

Here is a pic from 6am this morning. Crystal palace tower is to the right outside the frame.

Posted : December 18, 2021 4:08 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@entropy200c these are some great pics. The red ones are particularly menacing

Posted : December 18, 2021 4:13 PM
(@naintara)

smaddy wrote:
Ahh yes im actually down the road from you so that must have at least been the flashing lights I saw. Thanks! I can't believe I haven't heard about it, I haven't seen any posters or anything... It looks interesting tho, I might go, have you been?

But yh I'm not sure about the orange light especially since it was spotted in Hammersmith, Scotland and Sussex.

Here is a pic from 6am this morning. Crystal palace tower is to the right outside the frame.

That's weird - I'm pretty sure that they would switch the lights off after the event finishes every evening as the park is open during the day. Yep, I went last week - it's fun in a cheesy Christmas way: https://london.lightopiafestival.com/

Posted : December 19, 2021 10:24 AM
Entropy200c
(@entropy200c)

smaddy wrote:
@entropy200c these are some great pics. The red ones are particularly menacing

Yes they are like something from a horror film,but it's what my skyline looks like all the time now. ..and I'm not one to snap a lot of photos of things in general haha

Posted : December 20, 2021 2:30 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

That orange thing is still there. My friend sent me pics taken at 3am this morning. None of the explanations are really sfanding up in that case

Posted : December 20, 2021 9:11 PM
Socalfungal
(@socalfungal)
Estimable Member

It’s kinda creepy to see weird lights in the sky with no good explanation. Great pics, everyone! Thanks for sharing.

I live in NY right across the water from Connecticut and sometimes at night the sky to the North is glowing dark purple. I have never looked into it but I do wonder what is up with that.

Posted : December 21, 2021 11:06 PM
jellebean reacted
(@steved)
Reputable Member

It's the the trumpeters of the apocalypse. Nothing to see here...

Posted : December 22, 2021 2:59 AM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Got a video of the flash!!!
Its on the left, right by the window frame

https://webm.red/view/nYcC.webm

Posted : December 23, 2021 11:28 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

And here are some things i found searching on twitter and google:

Posted : December 23, 2021 11:29 PM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

smaddy wrote:
And here are some things i found searching on twitter and google:

The sun has been quite active & spewing solar flares often. Solar flares can cause health issues plus Earth’s magnetic field is weakening at a rapid pace. But it doesn’t explain lights that aren’t in the northern sky.

Posted : December 24, 2021 5:32 AM
Page 1 / 3
Share: