The new normal sucks!

39 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey, everyone,

I’m going to go out on a limb here and be a bit vulnerable, because like the “living under occupation” post below, this year has been really stressful. At first I was fine. My work never closed (“essential”), I didn’t lose my job, etc. But I’m really feeling it hard now. First, because I’ve come to see that at least 90% of the people I call friends, would turn on me on a dime about the needlecraft (that’s what I call the jab, credit to Thomas Sheridan on youtube for coming up with that one.) They are almost all mainstream centrist CNN types, who think themselves progressive, loving, and open-minded, but will disown you if you dare to question the accepted narrative. It’s scary. I’m really feeling the isolation. My parents fall into the same category. I have very few people in my life to talk about any of this with. And now my boss just asked me last week if I’d had the needlecraft. I said no. I should have just said yes and ended it there. But I’m apparently incapable of lying. Especially to the guy who signs my checks. Anyway, I feel like I’m running on borrowed time there, and I doubt finding another job that doesn’t require it will be easy. Major anxiety, to say the least!

My reason for writing is, does anyone else feel this way? Do you wake up some days with a pit in your stomach because you really don’t know how you’re going to navigate this new upside down world we live in? And specifically, do you want to talk about it? Do you want mutual support and a kind ear? If so, please reach out to me. Comment here, send a message. I’d be happy to exchange e-mail addresses. I really want to broaden my social network because it is becoming harder and harder to find reasonable people in the meatspace. - Cheers!

Posted : June 1, 2021 3:55 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

tacosalad wrote:
But I’m really feeling it hard now. First, because I’ve come to see that at least 90% of the people I call friends, would turn on me on a dime about the needlecraft (that’s what I call the jab, credit to Thomas Sheridan on youtube for coming up with that one.) They are almost all mainstream centrist CNN types, It’s scary. I’m really feeling the isolation.

I basically lost all of my friends over this whole mess. Truly chilling just how much this has revealed that, as you say, those "who think themselves progressive, loving, and open-minded...will disown you if you dare to question the accepted narrative."

I grew up in the Bush years, so I never have trusted the Right and their weird psuedo - Christian pro Big Business jingoism. I had thought the Left was the sane alternative. I started to get suspicious as the whole Cancel Culture/Identity Politics stuff ramped up during the last few years, but boy-o'-boy was this Covid mess a wake-up call.

Just more and more shocked at how brain rotted people are by politics--Left, Right, or Center.

Posted : June 1, 2021 6:02 PM
fireslinger
(@fireslinger)

I've been fortunate enough to work from home since way before this covid nonsense, so thankfully I'm not facing work pressures. But it has been hitting my family. My aunt, who already got a mild version of covid, just recently got her first Pfizer shot. She's currently applying for jobs, and ran into a wall with the vaccine requirement. So she caved. Even though she already had covid, lives in a 'freedom' state, and was a rebel while everyone else was in lock down, she's going through with it, because of the job requirement. It was hard to talk to her about it in a neutral way; the way she had her arm twisted flat out sickens me.

I feel like so many rebels / on-the-fence people are falling into line this way, because of how it's being illegally mandated. All of this is totally unconstitutional, but since we're under emergency powers, the constitution no longer applies. My cousin, who was also against vaccination, apparently got it because he's in the ROTC, and it was mandated. I still have to confirm that with him directly, but can believe it. Luckily my parents are holding out, and I'm feeding them the right questions so they keep holding out. My best friend got J&J, and is now all about vaccination. He really bought into the fear propaganda, and it's become more difficult to communicate with him. I'm actually very surprised to see this side of him.

I swear this is a cult, the new one world religion. You're not the only one, this is a lonely lonely path. I have other family members who have gotten it. Seems like they're slowly but surely falling, one by one.

Posted : June 2, 2021 2:37 AM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I support your rights to choose. There is a fundamental shift in philosophy with this vaccine campaign. Medical ethics was founded on Kantian ideas of rights to choose and not sacrificing one person's will, autonomy, or health so that others may flourish. But what we are experiencing now is a Utilitarian philosophy that requires sacrifices for the greater good. The Nazi's used these Utilitarian arguments to rationalize their horrific experiments, which is why we made ethical mandates to go the Kantian/Deontological route. Those are apparently thrown out the widow for philosophies of favor. Anyway, I'm sorry we are devolving to such a state that we can't listen or understand one another anymore - that we think there is only one right an one wrong.
I think I had Covid in March of 2020 - quarantined four weeks and only experienced a very nasty cough. I got dose 1 the vaccine because my 20yo niece went blind from Covid (brain swelled) and my grandmother has been locked up for way too long (torture). That's my decision. I had an anaphylactic reaction and can't get dose 2. Now I'm in limboland.
Still, I'm against mandates and passports.
Before there were measles vaccines, my grandmother had three different versions of measles as a child, and she's still with us at 92. And, she experienced the polio epidemic in San Francisco. When the polio vaccine became available, they thought it was a miracle. While scary, I can't help but think natural immunity is natural selection, and perhaps by mass vaccinating we are tampering with human evolution.

Thank you for your reasoned and educated response. I've been reading your posts and responses across the forum and it's nice to see true open-mindedness. Just a quick response for now, I am not just holding out mainly for ideological reasons, but for medical reasons. I have a seemingly rare medical condition that makes me have extreme adverse reactions to a lot of different chemical and fragrance triggers, which includes plastics, perfumes, air fresheners, and other "artificial" fragrances, and also "natural" substances like mold, pine, certain flowers. They are not allergies like traditional food or pollen allergies, and often give me neurological symptoms along with the closing up of my throat and nasal passages, and inflammation of eyes and ears. So I am extremely wary of taking something that seems to trigger bad inflammation in a lot of people. I certainly don't need more brain swelling in my life! That's the main reason I don't want to get it. I truly do not know how my body will react, and as for long term effects, none of us know!

Posted : June 2, 2021 6:29 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

jh1517 wrote:
I basically lost all of my friends over this whole mess. Truly chilling just how much this has revealed that, as you say, those "who think themselves progressive, loving, and open-minded...will disown you if you dare to question the accepted narrative."

I grew up in the Bush years, so I never have trusted the Right and their weird psuedo - Christian pro Big Business jingoism. I had thought the Left was the sane alternative. I started to get suspicious as the whole Cancel Culture/Identity Politics stuff ramped up during the last few years, but boy-o'-boy was this Covid mess a wake-up call.

Just more and more shocked at how brain rotted people are by politics--Left, Right, or Center.

Yeah, your experience is similar to mine. I was very progressive and left in college and through the Bush era, back when it seemed people were actually protesting and were against the system, but I feel like that culture has disappeared. The shift of general conspiracy culture from left to right has been jarring, but also very apparent to the point it seems deliberate. They knew the WTO and Occupy protests and things like that would end up exposing them, so they had to turn it into something piggy-backing on rightwing church goers who are very quick to do what their pastors and radio hosts say, it seems. And I'm not taking sides now. I find traditional conservative people are more trustworthy in this current situation than any so-called leftists. I don't want to use the labels, and I don't think they really have any meaning anymore. We are just being divided. We the vast majority of people who aren't rich, aren't powerful, are turned against each other, tale as old as time, and it's working. Everyone calling each other out, snitch culture, cancel culture, whatever you want to call it. See something, say something. Ugh.

But remember when conspiracy culture meant understanding that the FBI did surveillance on the Black Panthers and MLK, and anybody else who went against the mainstream? JFK? All the false flags? Iran Contra? Bush and Cheney and PNAC? How did it get so quickly turned around and twisted into gay frogs and Molech and all this nonsense, so that anyone who suggests even the slightest deviation from the Associated Press/BBC/NBC agenda gets publicly flogged and called a stupid redneck Nazi? It's insane. Which is why it had to be very consciously orchestrated.

I think Whitney Webb and Recluse have so much good information about what really happened over the course of our history, and how we've all been taken for a ride.

Anyway, that's enough for now! Thank you so much for responding.

Posted : June 2, 2021 6:40 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

fireslinger wrote:
I've been fortunate enough to work from home since way before this covid nonsense, so thankfully I'm not facing work pressures. But it has been hitting my family. My aunt, who already got a mild version of covid, just recently got her first Pfizer shot. She's currently applying for jobs, and ran into a wall with the vaccine requirement. So she caved. Even though she already had covid, lives in a 'freedom' state, and was a rebel while everyone else was in lock down, she's going through with it, because of the job requirement. It was hard to talk to her about it in a neutral way; the way she had her arm twisted flat out sickens me.

I feel like so many rebels / on-the-fence people are falling into line this way, because of how it's being illegally mandated. All of this is totally unconstitutional, but since we're under emergency powers, the constitution no longer applies. My cousin, who was also against vaccination, apparently got it because he's in the ROTC, and it was mandated. I still have to confirm that with him directly, but can believe it. Luckily my parents are holding out, and I'm feeding them the right questions so they keep holding out. My best friend got J&J, and is now all about vaccination. He really bought into the fear propaganda, and it's become more difficult to communicate with him. I'm actually very surprised to see this side of him.

I swear this is a cult, the new one world religion. You're not the only one, this is a lonely lonely path. I have other family members who have gotten it. Seems like they're slowly but surely falling, one by one.

It really is scary how quickly people are giving in. We just don't know how this is going to affect us physiologically in the long run, so I can't bring myself to do something with unknown consequences when I already have an extreme and rare health condition. I don't need anymore problems with my body, lol!

I haven't even brought it up with most friends, and I don't intend to, I just know how they will respond so I've stayed away. When you know someone long enough, see how they talk on BookFace and all the other social media, it became very clear who I needed to stay away from. I can't take that kind of confrontation with people I trusted. I choose to walk away and find my own path. But it is a lonely path, and I am naturally a social person (who isn't? We're all human, and social to some degree, even if introverted), so here I am on this board hoping to find some sort of tribe.

I am trying to apply for some work from home stuff, so hopefully if it does come to me losing my day job, I won't be competely without income. It's scary living in this world now. Thank you for replying!

Posted : June 2, 2021 6:49 PM
(@ciupka666)

tacosalad wrote:
Hey, everyone,

I’m going to go out on a limb here and be a bit vulnerable, because like the “living under occupation” post below, this year has been really stressful. At first I was fine. My work never closed (“essential”), I didn’t lose my job, etc. But I’m really feeling it hard now. First, because I’ve come to see that at least 90% of the people I call friends, would turn on me on a dime about the needlecraft (that’s what I call the jab, credit to Thomas Sheridan on youtube for coming up with that one.) They are almost all mainstream centrist CNN types, who think themselves progressive, loving, and open-minded, but will disown you if you dare to question the accepted narrative. It’s scary. I’m really feeling the isolation. My parents fall into the same category. I have very few people in my life to talk about any of this with. And now my boss just asked me last week if I’d had the needlecraft. I said no. I should have just said yes and ended it there. But I’m apparently incapable of lying. Especially to the guy who signs my checks. Anyway, I feel like I’m running on borrowed time there, and I doubt finding another job that doesn’t require it will be easy. Major anxiety, to say the least!

My reason for writing is, does anyone else feel this way? Do you wake up some days with a pit in your stomach because you really don’t know how you’re going to navigate this new upside down world we live in? And specifically, do you want to talk about it? Do you want mutual support and a kind ear? If so, please reach out to me. Comment here, send a message. I’d be happy to exchange e-mail addresses. I really want to broaden my social network because it is becoming harder and harder to find reasonable apeople in the meatspace. - Cheers!

Awesome name, tacosalad, love it! I sure as fuck ain't no enlightened master on Planet Insanity, but I may have a few ideas to alleviate your stress, grief, and/or anxiety when it comes to navigating this realm...

Our reality comes down to perspective. Think of it this way... if you lived in a perfect utopia, how much spiritual opportunity would you have to grow and evolve? Sure, you could focus your eternity mastering specific crafts and artistic endeavours, but how many questions would you ask about the nature of reality if everything was in perfect harmony? As odd as this may sound, the psycho-fuck-puppet-masters ruling our present game may just be our greatest evolutionary gift!

You started questioning the ideas sold to you because something about them didn’t feel right. And that started a personal quest to uncover underlying lies and motivations of people/groups/corporations/psychopaths that didn’t really seem to have your best interests at heart.

Questioning the lies you’ve been sold shouldn’t make you feel like an outcast, it should inspire you each and every day to source out the same freaks (like me) that realize the game we’re playing is a complete fucking joke!

My comments to you aren’t from a know-it-all, arrogant guru rant. But I’ve experienced some shit in my life that’s worthy of sharing. You don’t chastise a 2-year-old because they shit their pants, you simply acknowledge they’re on a different learning curve than you are, all the while remembering, “Hey, I used to shit my diapers as well!”

So don’t worry about people running poison into their veins. Don’t worry about being the black sheep in conversations that you don’t want to be part of. Let the kiddies express themselves the only way they know how, and, perhaps, someday, they’ll figure out how to think for themselves. Let them talk, let them rant, and be an open ear. You’ll know the ones who are open-minded in the first 5 seconds of a conversation.

You’re not isolated, you’re not alone.

I will happily share my e-mail address if you need some future insanity/inspiration to get through the day.

The fun has just begun! Rock the day, my friend, don’t let fake reality get you down.

Posted : June 2, 2021 8:39 PM
(@fujenly)
Trusted Member

Thank you for vulnerability. That takes courage! For the pit in your stomach - I have had success over the past months with each of the following: meditation, literal shaking out of your body (see Peter Levine's work on trauma), laughter meditation, screaming into a pillow (a la Primal Scream therapy but this way it doesn't bother the neighbors) in addition to listening to, accepting and loving that feeling in your stomach. Even just talking to it and saying "I hear you", "I see you", "I love you, " etc. I took to fake laughing every time I read news that I felt terrorized by. Get out in the sun and/or nature. I have also found a lot of solace in listening to multi-dimensional channelers, both old and new. You'll find many on YT, but use your discernment - I'm quite a skeptical person and thought it was BS but there's so much overlap from different channelers that I don't think it can be fully denied. My favorites in terms of seeing things from a larger perspective include Jane Roberts, Paul Selig and Lee Harris - much of their content is free. There's a really good series called Interviews with E.D. by a filmmaker named Rueben Langdon, and it's amazing how many of the channeled beings say "Don't worry, you're fine!" because they've already seen our future, AND because so many of them say we've had a million lives and we'll have a million more. I know - those bits can be hard to swallow for humans...

As for the work issue, I would check with your state to see if you can be fired, if that's what you're worried about. I don't think you can be. I actually got a lot of info from CHD, which I'll try to post in an appropriate sub-forum. Unless you just don't want the annoyance of having to explain yourself.

Posted : June 3, 2021 10:05 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

im glad im not one of the cool people that got the vax. it means im going to a place when i die thats not the popular choice people here take. hope they go to a upgrade from earth. i could never live like this again, not getting the vax gives me hope i wont live on a prison planet next life.

Posted : June 4, 2021 1:54 AM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
Thank you! I totally understand. I hope there will be more tolerance - people are different and have different reasons not to want the vaccines. I'm in the same boat with lots of drug allergies and a hyperactive immune system. I'm referred to an immunologist to see if I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and find out what in the vaccine I'm allergic to. So far my primary care doc says 2nd dose not worth the risk. Perhaps for future vaccines, I will request pre-treatment with solumedrol, and H1 and H2 blockers? I also read a protocol where they give you 1/10, then 1/9 . . . and so on, on a schedule until you complete the course. If I don't figure it out, I'm thinking I'm not getting any more vaccines ever again. The doc also said if I reacted that strongly, I probably have lasting immunity. I'm hopeful. I hope you find solutions and answers. We're certainly on a path of uncertainty.

Ah, yes, Mast Cell Activation. I've heard about that one a lot in the MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) circles. MCS is what I have, though it's not an official diagosis and not generally recognized in the American medical system. It's a syndrome, a collection of symptoms with no clearly defined cause (that they can see). But there are a lot of different illnesses and injuries that can lead to it. I've had to do most of the research myself, building on the years of research people who have MCS have already done. I had a full ENT exam, he did the camera in the nose and throat to make sure no cysts or lumps or anything, no clear causes, and he did observe that yes, my airways were becoming inflamed from just being in the office bombaded by fragrances and having him do things, but nothing definitive. I have plenty of ideas of where it came from, but nothing that could be proved in a doctor's office, seven years after the fact.

Anyway, I'm glad you have a clear path to proceed on, and your doctors are being helpful and listening to you. That is huge. I suspect your background and knowledge has a lot to do with that. So many doctors dismiss people, especially women, who come in with these symptoms.

It's going to be an interesting ride, these next few years!

Posted : June 4, 2021 6:15 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

ciupka666 wrote:
Awesome name, tacosalad, love it! I sure as fuck ain't no enlightened master on Planet Insanity, but I may have a few ideas to alleviate your stress, grief, and/or anxiety when it comes to navigating this realm...

Our reality comes down to perspective. Think of it this way... if you lived in a perfect utopia, how much spiritual opportunity would you have to grow and evolve? Sure, you could focus your eternity mastering specific crafts and artistic endeavours, but how many questions would you ask about the nature of reality if everything was in perfect harmony? As odd as this may sound, the psycho-fuck-puppet-masters ruling our present game may just be our greatest evolutionary gift!

You started questioning the ideas sold to you because something about them didn’t feel right. And that started a personal quest to uncover underlying lies and motivations of people/groups/corporations/psychopaths that didn’t really seem to have your best interests at heart.

Questioning the lies you’ve been sold shouldn’t make you feel like an outcast, it should inspire you each and every day to source out the same freaks (like me) that realize the game we’re playing is a complete fucking joke!

My comments to you aren’t from a know-it-all, arrogant guru rant. But I’ve experienced some shit in my life that’s worthy of sharing. You don’t chastise a 2-year-old because they shit their pants, you simply acknowledge they’re on a different learning curve than you are, all the while remembering, “Hey, I used to shit my diapers as well!”

So don’t worry about people running poison into their veins. Don’t worry about being the black sheep in conversations that you don’t want to be part of. Let the kiddies express themselves the only way they know how, and, perhaps, someday, they’ll figure out how to think for themselves. Let them talk, let them rant, and be an open ear. You’ll know the ones who are open-minded in the first 5 seconds of a conversation.

You’re not isolated, you’re not alone.

I will happily share my e-mail address if you need some future insanity/inspiration to get through the day.

The fun has just begun! Rock the day, my friend, don’t let fake reality get you down.

Howdy! Yes, gimme that e-mail address, I'm here to make new connections, whatever form they may take.

I very much get what you're saying, and I agree with a lot of it. A writer I respect greatly, has been making casual videos chronicling the rona saga over the last year, and he says this has been the greatest education a lot of us will receive. It has opened our eyes to the true nature of most people and the world around us. Of course, we here on THC had our eyes opened to some degree before, but yeah, for me, this has been that education because it's never been this personal before. It's never actually come down to drawing that line in the sand, with friends and family. That's where I'm struggling the most. I get what you're saying, don't worry what they think, who cares. But when it is the people I've trusted and relied on most in my life (and I don't trust easily, or come to people easily, that's why it's been so hard, it took a long time for me to feel a part of the chosen community I created around myself, and to be separated from that so quickly, is not easy, no matter how much I understand it on a more detached level. If it were easy, I would not be human.) So there is going to be a struggle in me, sadness, grief. Doesn't mean I won't take your words to heart and work to let go and look at it from other angles. Because I do. I have been. And it goes in ups and downs.

You are correct about it being an opportunity for spiritual growth. And I admit to not being super disciplined about that, or committed to it ,or whatever. So yeah, I'm open to inspiration, inspire away!

Posted : June 4, 2021 6:26 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

fujenly wrote:
Thank you for vulnerability. That takes courage! For the pit in your stomach - I have had success over the past months with each of the following: meditation, literal shaking out of your body (see Peter Levine's work on trauma), laughter meditation, screaming into a pillow (a la Primal Scream therapy but this way it doesn't bother the neighbors) in addition to listening to, accepting and loving that feeling in your stomach. Even just talking to it and saying "I hear you", "I see you", "I love you, " etc. I took to fake laughing every time I read news that I felt terrorized by. Get out in the sun and/or nature. I have also found a lot of solace in listening to multi-dimensional channelers, both old and new. You'll find many on YT, but use your discernment - I'm quite a skeptical person and thought it was BS but there's so much overlap from different channelers that I don't think it can be fully denied. My favorites in terms of seeing things from a larger perspective include Jane Roberts, Paul Selig and Lee Harris - much of their content is free. There's a really good series called Interviews with E.D. by a filmmaker named Rueben Langdon, and it's amazing how many of the channeled beings say "Don't worry, you're fine!" because they've already seen our future, AND because so many of them say we've had a million lives and we'll have a million more. I know - those bits can be hard to swallow for humans...

As for the work issue, I would check with your state to see if you can be fired, if that's what you're worried about. I don't think you can be. I actually got a lot of info from CHD, which I'll try to post in an appropriate sub-forum. Unless you just don't want the annoyance of having to explain yourself.

Thank you for responding. All wonderful suggestions. I do the shaking and the laughter thing a lot, learned that in therapy a few years ago. Is Peter Levine the one who pointed out how prey animals shake themselves out after they've escaped from a predator and then go on about their business? I notice my dog does it every time he gets up or escapes from my incessant cuddling, so there's definitely something to it 😉

I've never looked up channelers, I'll look up the ones you mentioned.

Yeah, sun and nature I do as much as I can. I live in the city, but I can always get into the sun by stepping outside the door. I set up a chair in the garden in the morning and chill with the birds and squirrels when I have time.

I've never told my stomach pain that I hear and see it and love it, but you may be on to something! I started singing The Bare Necessities this morning when I woke up from a terrible dream and had the pain, so there's always a way.

Posted : June 4, 2021 6:48 PM
(@tacosalad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

sirujux wrote:
im glad im not one of the cool people that got the vax. it means im going to a place when i die thats not the popular choice people here take. hope they go to a upgrade from earth. i could never live like this again, not getting the vax gives me hope i wont live on a prison planet next life.

Ha, I will never be one of the cool people, whether I get it or not. I like your point, though.

Posted : June 4, 2021 6:50 PM
(@dylansdad)

You people are too much. Granted, I just joined because I liked a few of Greg's shows on YOUTUBE. But the entirely separate cult mentality here is too much. You disbelieve just about every medical authority on this planet, and instead believe some conspiracy fear mongers instead. Wow.

When I was a kid, polio crippled a lot of kids. My cousin was hit out of the blue. She had to wear the braces and spent her life in a wheelchair. But I just compare the people then to now. Everyone took the vaccine in sugar cubes and POLIO VANISHED FROM THE USA, whereas it was a much dreaded and feared childhood disease that could cripple you for life.

Now if you conspiracy folks had been around back then, you would have adamantly refused to take the vaccine and polio would still be with us 70 years after it was eradicated.

How can you believe this nonsense about the vaccine being full of nano tech when we have no proof such tech even exists outside science fiction? You listen to all this conspiracy lunacy and shut out reality, then proclaim that YOU are the "woke" person. It is incredible.

I know I will be bashed for this, told that I am ignorant (meaning I don't get all my information from right wing conspiracy nuts and right wing Donald Trump worshipping media). Yet you believe all this nonsense.

Today I cancelled my subscription. I will continue to listen to the shows until it runs out in late November. But you folks are really bonkers.

As my Scottish cousin said to me from Scottland, "If you Yanks had been around in World War 2 London when the Nazi bombing occurred, you would have refused to follow the Lights Out order because of your precious paranoia and "FREEDOM" crap." I agree. We once had a sense of community in the USA. Forces have worked a long time to destroy this, often working through the GOP which actually does not believe in the concept of community, just individual units of consciousness all competing with each other for resources. How lovely!

Yes, bad people do bad things. But responding to a once in 100 year pandemic with disbelief and then refusing to do anything about it out of some false sense of pride? Pathetic.

Covid could be wiped out, like polio, if everyone was immunized. But you prefer conspiracy lunatics to cold hard science. And people like Greg give these loons a platform. So be it.

Buh bye.

Posted : June 4, 2021 11:48 PM
(@sirujux)
Honorable Member

i was saying i hope for the best to vax people, freedom is what the show is about. theres proof theres metals and tech in it. radiation is detected from your arm.

Posted : June 5, 2021 12:54 AM
Page 1 / 3
Share: