Notifications
Clear all

Community

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@animistspark)
Topic starter

Community and the need to build it is discussed often here. Greg mentions it several times.

I've been following the show for several months now. I often find myself waiting in anticipation for the next episode. But that is the extent of community for me. Otherwise, I am totally alone.

Kind of at my wits end. And I'm questioning why I'm even here or even interested in these subject matters. I've done aya, shrooms, studied magic...all in an attempt to right whatever is wrong with me and nothing has worked. Honestly, I am kind of resigned to my fate at this point. My health is falling apart and I see myself taking my own life soon.

I so wish the fantastical worlds described here were accessible to me. But life isn't fair afterall, and this is merely my path to walk. Sorry for the doom, just don't know what else to do.

Posted : June 12, 2021 4:18 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

I can commiserate on the feeling of being alone.

I found that articulating my story and writing it down and sharing it here was helpful. If you want to try that I can at least promise you you'll have a reader. Though I understand many peoples' stories aren't as low-stakes as mine and can be painful to share publicly.

Posted : June 12, 2021 1:32 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

If you haven’t already, look into Absurdism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

It definitely offered me some insight into why I was feeling unfulfilled the harder I tried to feel anything. Balanced my expectations with the inevitable results, and in the end gave the search itself greater meaning, because I realized what I was experiencing was simply the human condition.

Posted : June 12, 2021 4:40 PM
Share: