Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Midlands, England (Sirens are not mermaids)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nynethymes)
Topic starter

New to forums, been listening a few years, subscribed a few months. I dont normally talk much but something is bugging me about a show a few months back: sirens are not mermaids and it bothers me more with every passing day. So I’m getting around to a few words on that - respectfully, because I like Chris Knowles’ work and he probably knows sirens aren’t mermaids; he was looking at the big picture and pulling a lot of threads together so...

Also took a look at some of Thomas Sheridan’s art work and music a few days ago, which magically cured a ten year art and drawing block (!) so I want to thank him for that. I have huge respect for most of the guests and will probably just keep on listening happily and quietly at higher price; well worth it. Thanks for a great show, Greg.

Posted : July 27, 2018 1:05 AM
(@alceaholistichealth)
Eminent Member

How are sirens not mermaids? I don't know enough info to have a legit opinion on it. I have hated mermaids ever since I listened to a few THC's on the subject of sirens hahaha.

Posted : August 16, 2018 10:01 PM
(@nynethymes)
Topic starter

Sirens are bird women, mermaids are fish women. I'm not an expert either but I love untangling the old myths and seeing where they've been corrupted over time. I could have it wrong but I'm pretty sure this siren - mermaid mix up is Hollywood wrecking ancient archetypes out of laziness or malice. Probably should've started a separate thread. Anyhow, Hi.

Posted : August 17, 2018 1:57 PM
Share: