Clear all

Artist from the midwest

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
saminajoy
(@saminajoy)
Topic starter

Hello, I have been a long time listener of the Higherside Chats, finally took the plunge to join the plus club. Already glad I did 🙂

I’m an artist from the Midwest and I am eternally grateful for the guests of the show and Greg for the time taken to explore and seek the truth in these “dark and troubled times”. It is not my profession to be a truther but I am always eager to learn everything I can about ways to cultivate the best life I can during this lifetime. Planting seeds of truth and harvesting the understanding is an ongoing process but it’s reached a pivotal point in my life where I have to start making big decisions regarding my safety, health and well being in this day and age. I have decided to take things further with a few friends. We are going off grid with a timeline of about 4 years to get there and I am pursuing the truth more fervently in an effort to get us prepared for what lies ahead 5-60 years from now.

Anyways, that’s who I am and why I am here. I hope to get to know some of you!

Posted : July 13, 2019 11:07 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Good luck to you with going off grid. Start with topology and geography of the area you are interested in to pick a good space. Land usage rights, especially water rights are important. I would like to do something like this and was thinking of building a small pre-fab pool-house or guesthouse domicile to get things started and then working on an earth-sheltered home while building the soil fertility.
I would love to do something a bit innovative and use inflatable or hard molds to make a shell out of concrete impregnated cloth, lash up a basalt-rebar skeleton, enclose it within more concrete-impregnated cloth, and then infill with concrete. This should make a 1000-year structure capable of bearing quite a bit of weight, especially if molded into domes and arched hallways. One way to account for the awkward layout of purely rounded architecture would be to have arched areas extending from the dome on several different directions, with each archway having several straight walls, they also allow for ease of installation of standard windows and doors. But it might be nice to have certain style of door for the front.

Posted : July 16, 2019 1:40 AM
Share: