Clear all

Questions about Greg's Interviewing Technique

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@brimagor)
Topic starter

Hello everybody.

I have had some questions regarding Greg's interviewing technique since I started listening to the show—I never thought I would actually ask this questions, but I figured I'll do it now in order to contribute to the Joint Session Bonus Show.

If you, fellow THC listener, come up with some related questions: add them below!

1) So first, Greg, I'd like to know whether you were just born to be a great interviewer or have you actually studied/researched some interviewing techniques? I think your style comes out as really 'natural', but I'm also aware of an academic discipline named 'Oral History' that resembles a lot the way the interviews are conducted.

2) Most of the shows sound all right, but every now and then a guest happens to have a great—or lousy—microphone and the whole experience is affected. Have you ever sent, or considered sending, quality microphones to the guests that had really bad audio output?

3) If my math is correct, you have done more than 500 interviews. Is there something like a THC Vault where you safely store all the physical recordings? and have you had any milestones in regards to quantity?

Finally I just wanted to thank you for doing the show, it feels ok to be listening to it. 🙂

Posted : December 1, 2020 4:59 AM
Share: