Clear all

Peter Erlinder - Rwandan Genocide

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dingus)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I just watched Hotel Rwanda on TV the other night and whenever that happens my mind gets all worked up. It is an amazing movie, with great acting and a great story. What if I told you the genocide was just that, a story?

Peter Erlinder is a lawyer from Chicago. He made his career defending high profile defendants. He is an expert on constitutional law and international criminal law. He defended multiple Rwandan Hutus for their supposed crimes in front of the International Tribunal for Rwanda.

Erlinder used the power of legal discovery to uncover vast amounts of US intelligence that disproves a Genocide took place. When he attempted to present this evidence he was charged with Genocide denial by the Rwandan government. He was abducted in the middle of the night and nearly murdered, only to be extracted at the 11th hour. For decades he had Rwandan hit men tailing him as he continued to work as an attorney in the States.

I don’t know if he would ever do THC or how his mind has held up. I heard his stories in a law school classroom ten years ago, and at that time hearing his experience was powerful. The Rwandan Genocide is pretty old news now, but I always think back to it when people laugh about conspiracy culture. The US government sanctioned the invention of a false Genocide, and Hollywood was used to cement it in our brains.

Posted : August 5, 2021 9:29 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

Thats interesting, I have to say I only know what I've seen in the news. Never watched the movie. But I went to uni with a rwandan woman. The only thing I remember her saying out of my whole three years was about how she will never go back to her country and she saw her own neighbors turning on her family...
She was absolutely incensed as you can imagine.
Not saying that's proof of genocide, but clearly something happened

Posted : August 6, 2021 9:02 AM
Share: