Patrick Harpur - Daimonic Reality

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@quintron)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey Greg
Quick thanks for your good work - the humble and skillful handling of interviews and the good ship THC.
I'm a thinking what with all of the log turning and probing at the soft underbelly of the beast in our noble quest for What IS Really Going On? we could benefit from some metareality diagnostics. Patrick Harpur wrote this book Daimonic Reality in the 90s and (if memory serves) it promoted an idea that was built largely on the Jungian idea of the collective unconscious and it's relationship to our conscious reality through the agency of Daimons/Daemons (Greek for "lesser god, guiding spirit, tutelary deity,"). Pretty cool stuff and attempts to bridge that shady, twilight world of smoky mirror holograms between objective event and subjective experience.
I've no idea what he is up to now re interviews and the like but maybe you could reach across the interwebs and find out. Otherwise I'd love to hear from a Jung expert of your choice - that would probably scratch the itch in my brain as well.
So many theories... they can't all be true... or can they?
Cheers Q

Posted : April 20, 2015 8:00 AM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Thanks man, sounds awesome. I'll see what I can do.

Posted : May 25, 2015 7:35 AM
Share: