Dr. David Healy - a...

Notifications
Clear all

Dr. David Healy - author of Pharmageddon - exposing clinical trials, FDA, Big Pharma

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@cschiffler)
Topic starter

From his website: https://davidhealy.org/pharmageddon-is-the-story-of-a-tragedy/

"For diseases like schizophrenia, we are now doing 10 times worse in terms of life expectancy than we were 100 years ago."
"Product patents gave an incentive to pharmaceutical companies to produce blockbuster drugs — drugs that were so valuable to a company and its survival that the incentives to breach regulations and hide any safety data that might be inconvenient for the company are so huge that entire trials are hidden, that almost all trials are ghostwritten to ensure the data looks right, and no one, not even the FDA, has access to the data."
"Stockholm Syndrome is exactly what prescription-only arrangements impose on patients and doctors."

Etc. What I really like about Healy is that he offers a website where patients can share their experiences with various medications so the real effects that pharma won't report can be communicated to others whose doctors call them crazy. It is a good vehicle for compiling statistics on medication that Big Pharma deems "safe" (as in won't kill you right away, in my experience). I also like his take on doctors suffering from Stockholm Syndrome "the reason doctors fail to recognize that adverse events happening to their patients even though these are now in the fourth leading cause of death and how they rarely intervene to save their patients."

I don't know if the good doctor has ever taken a dip in the world of the alternative media, but I think he'd find a very receptive audience for his material if he did.

Posted : March 13, 2018 2:34 AM
Share: