World Economic Foru...

Notifications
Clear all

World Economic Forum gets cozy with some cryptos (June 2021)

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@alogan)
Topic starter

WEF & Open Money Initiative spotlighting the networks of generous donors. We'll see who dips their toes in & how long they let them hold the reigns.

WEF Community Paper

Open Money Initiative article requesting people to "brainstorm" on ways to alleviate their Venezuela financial crisis.

Posted : July 2, 2021 4:19 AM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

Why is this all so blinking complicated? It's like an insurance policy. Many insurance policies put together.

This makes even Bartertown look good. If data is now the new oil, may pig sh*t be the new data.

I don't buy.

Posted : July 2, 2021 10:56 PM
(@alogan)
Topic starter

It's Gatekeeper language. WEF wants a global 4th industrial revolution & the creation of the "Useless class" by 2030. People who lack the skills & ability to adapt to the blockchain era will be coaxed into centralized dependence or become "irrelevant". These guys got some dark language.

And by my interpretation of the Open(Source) Money Initiative's articles, the conversation they're having is about propping up the US dollar by means of transfer to USDC stable coins that will end up ultimately back in the hands of centralized banks/venture capital & right back under federal (global) regulations.

Whitney talks about it pretty well in this talk here. Covers climate shut downs, cyber pandemics per WEF, and the attack on BTC and takeover of cryptocurrency.

Tools are neutral and man decides to use them for good or for evil. I think there are a lot of freedoms & possibilities involved with crypto, but those people with a lot of leverage in the current economic system are for sure posturing to take advantage of this one too.

Posted : July 3, 2021 4:26 PM
(@alogan)
Topic starter

Short WEF trailer for the impending cyber pandemic that they want to wipe out the global Internet infrastructure with. Again will probably be China's fault despite sitting in on all the same meetings.

Problem > Mr. Global spots a leak in the bucket of currency ownership (BTC market cap overtaking JP Morgan et. al )

Reaction > Global internet shut down. Turn off the lights and rearrange the furniture.

Solution > Create, suggest, then strongly imply that you should get a new app/device/card/etc that will be able to manage ALL your assets on & offline. That device and its contents will then be operated, managed, and verified by their certified carriers, who will surely "collaborate" with WEF & other authoritative entities. (per the OMI Venezuela article)

Posted : July 4, 2021 8:56 PM
(@mr-shoelace)
Eminent Member

We're already starting to see major investment from institutions in the NFT space as well with the big cryptopunk buy up this week
https://decrypt.co/77392/cryptopunk-prices-rise-53-in-week-after-ethereum-whales-feeding-frenzy

Posted : August 6, 2021 1:48 PM
(@alogan)
Topic starter

Ya the whole market started churning again while I checked out for a second. Wild. Great shares, by the way.

Posted : August 6, 2021 2:25 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

melomike wrote:
We're already starting to see major investment from institutions in the NFT space as well with the big cryptopunk buy up this week
https://decrypt.co/77392/cryptopunk-prices-rise-53-in-week-after-ethereum-whales-feeding-frenzy

I really cannot stand this. Art is subjective but this is really just a gimmick, people only want them because other people want them, not because they personally value the art.
I saw a similar project recently, the avatars look exactly the same except with a "rasta" aesthetic, i.e. weed smoking and hats. Actually called cryptorastas and the whole entire thing flies in the face of rasta philosophy

Posted : August 8, 2021 6:19 AM
(@alogan)
Topic starter

I feel ya. Crypto and VR tech has put me at odds with myself. I grew up through the tech boom in the 90s and cherish a lot of what the digital world brought. But looking into the depths of VR & blockchain shit literally scares me. Very insane stuff while also extremely interesting to me.

Like a digital, man-made Akashic Record knock off. Towere of Babel over and over again, for sure.

Posted : August 8, 2021 6:27 PM
(@mr-shoelace)
Eminent Member

smaddy wrote:
I really cannot stand this. Art is subjective but this is really just a gimmick, people only want them because other people want them, not because they personally value the art.
I saw a similar project recently, the avatars look exactly the same except with a "rasta" aesthetic, i.e. weed smoking and hats. Actually called cryptorastas and the whole entire thing flies in the face of rasta philosophy

For these particular ones, i'm not sure. Punks were kind of the first notable NFTs in terms of hype. So their historical significance in the industry will be pretty nailed on forever, thus their ridiculous value, and the other punk-like projects will be very early projects, thug giving them the same, but watered down appeal. Keep in mind this whole NFT thing is super super early. But for some other avatar projects, and NFT's in general, we're starting to see them more used as token gates. I recently was gifted a Legendary Palm from a new project called Nifty Island, and it's an NFT, but will have in-game utility for unlocking various things, so its value is in its utility, not its art appeal. But to your point, without the utility, its subjective art... Always just remember, at its core, an NFT is a simple line of code issuing someone proof of ownership attached to an immutable blockchain. There's lots of value in that and in my opinion, the whales buying these up are buying up a piece of history of a technology that is going to change a lot of things in our lives, for good or for bad.

Posted : August 9, 2021 12:26 AM
(@alogan)
Topic starter

That's indeed where I sit. No matter what I think of it, big tech, venture capital firms, and global finance are picking up this new monetary system to posture themselves for a wave they see coming. So I want to be a part of it somehow, if at least as a "retail" investor or whatever they're calling us little fish.

Posted : August 9, 2021 4:17 PM
Share: