5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNFR27nGWog
This is a segment from a larger conversation with other panelists.

Chris Vogel is an author and speaker on all things Hero's Journey and Joseph Campbell's work, with extensive experience in cinema story-writing. I found this video of him talking on our Covid Hero's Journey we are all undergoing, as well as outlining the various steps, or chapters if you will, very enlightening.

It's very tarot-like and brings larger significance to the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis. If anything, THC listeners are probably more explicitely confronted to this. So cheers to all those actively walking the path;)

The Hero's Journey according to Joseph Campbell. I'd say we're somewhere between "approach to the inmost cave" or "the ordeal", as we've definitely crossed the threshold (aka "covid"), don't you think?:cool:

Posted : January 10, 2021 3:35 PM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

I like that it is depicted in a spiral and not a circle like many spiritual and epochal cycles are. Good symbology.

Posted : January 17, 2021 3:00 AM
benhacked
(@benhacked)

Anyone familliar with the book containing the images represented in this video?

Posted : February 4, 2021 9:00 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

benhacked wrote: Anyone familliar with the book containing the images represented in this video?

I'd say it's either from his book "The Writers Journey" or possibly Campbell's Hero with a thousand faces

Posted : February 5, 2021 9:00 AM
benhacked
(@benhacked)

Thank you!

Posted : February 17, 2021 10:50 PM
Share: