Notifications
Clear all

THC Community-funded Family Leave for Mr. Carlwood?

27 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted to suggest that THC Plus subscribers afford Greg Carlwood a month off from podcasting when the baby comes. Greg provides a hell of a lot of content (great content at that) for the $8/month he charges and I think it would be great if Plus Members did him a solid by maintaining their memberships while he goes through the initial month of being a new dad, helping out wife, adjusting to having a newborn, etc., without the stress of trying to maintain his usual output.

I don't think a huge portion of the Plus Members use these forums, I know I don't very much, so maybe Greg could float this idea (and make it very clear this idea came from an actual subscriber) after an upcoming podcast. He has built up a ton of goodwill among his supporters & I would like to think most (if not 100%) of them would agree w/my suggestion. And, really, it is only $8 apiece.

signature

Posted : September 8, 2021 3:42 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

I’d be on board

Posted : September 8, 2021 5:42 PM
Socalfungal
(@socalfungal)
Estimable Member

Me too

Posted : September 9, 2021 1:07 AM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

Good idea

Posted : September 9, 2021 11:44 AM
(@therange)

I'd be okay with that!

Posted : September 9, 2021 5:23 PM
(@adastra)

I've been letting that plus subscription autopay uninterrupted for 6+ years and if you asked me how many shows are posted per month, I have no idea. Whatever comes out is always enough, it's always better content than I'll find anywhere else, and it's always much appreciated.

Posted : September 9, 2021 10:14 PM
(@alogan)

Same. This sub isn't about the money. Great idea. Sure Greg might feel kinda uneasy about the idea as much as he may like it though.

Posted : September 10, 2021 9:37 PM
(@alias5)

Agreed! I would certainly keep my subscription with a month lapse. Take the month off and we will still be here.

Posted : September 11, 2021 7:31 PM
silentpsi
(@silentpsi)
Soul Moderator

I'd love to just give him whatever time he needs. This is a beautiful idea @hisich !

Posted : September 11, 2021 9:55 PM
(@theos13)

Fantastic idea! Another affirmative vote from a plus member, here!

I say we give him the month!

Posted : September 11, 2021 10:32 PM
(@bigtoppeewee)

Mr Carlwood should take the time he needs/deserves.

I certainly wont withdraw my plus sub.

Posted : September 12, 2021 12:07 AM
(@james1)

im in

Posted : September 12, 2021 1:05 AM
Who_else_TR
(@who_else_tr)

I would assume most people would understand. Those first few weeks are primal couldn’t imagine trying to put out a podcast the first few weeks after my daughter was born. Enjoy the time Greg! No pods needed.

Posted : September 12, 2021 11:19 AM
(@pierrot)

Hey Greg, I’m a plus member and I’m not going anywhere because you take some time off. Do what you gotta do!

Posted : September 12, 2021 2:29 PM
(@swampboy)

I'd be ok too. Maybe instead of "nothing", Greg could do some sort of "best of" or throwback type thing. And so it wouldnt involve a bunch of post-production, he could simply record an intro and then slap the replay on there. I've seen this a lot over the years when a live show's host is on vacation. Just the other day, i listened to his interview with Del Bigtree from March of 2019. It was so apropos for today's environment. I'm sure he could find 5 or 7, whatever the monthly number is he produces. That would serve multiple purposes and perhaps introduce listeners to older content they might not otherwise search out.

Posted : September 12, 2021 4:51 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: