Bettering yourself inside and out

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I’d like to start a thread where all that participate complete tasks and post the progress and give each other positive and constructive feedback. I.e. if you can bench 300lbs and no one else can, you’re not being a judgy prick, you’re going to be giving tips on how to lift smart s ping so that we’re all lifting 300lbs.

Im going for a whole body/mind/spirit approach. Workouts to get the body stronger, books for the brain, completing tasks builds self confidence.
It would be along the lines of
Read one book a month; pick a home/living improvement and complete it in a week; get four workouts done in a week.
now I’m fully aware that I’m being selfish and using this as an excuse to get things done for myself, but if you’d like to join me in this journey, please come along.

Posted : July 19, 2021 3:44 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

No “s ping”

Posted : July 19, 2021 4:35 PM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

I started the couch to 5k program (C25K) again and have a workout scheduled today. It is literally my fourth time starting it over the past decade and it's sad I'm back at square one again, but the pace of the program does work well for getting back into some sort of shape. This puts my 5k in September - I hope to break 30 minutes.

Posted : July 22, 2021 11:54 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I started a thread a while back in a similar vein, there's probably some cross utilisation.
Know they Self mega thread...

https://thehighersideforum.com/threads/know-thy-self-mega-thread-mind-body-spirit-wholeness-resources.8224/

Posted : July 22, 2021 10:48 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

orchid20 wrote:
I started the couch to 5k program (C25K) again and have a workout scheduled today. It is literally my fourth time starting it over the past decade and it's sad I'm back at square one again, but the pace of the program does work well for getting back into some sort of shape. This puts my 5k in September - I hope to break 30 minutes.

Don’t be sad about it. Be pumped that you’re still healthy enough to be able to start the program

Posted : July 23, 2021 1:07 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

nickzeptepi wrote:
I started a thread a while back in a similar vein, there's probably some cross utilisation.
Know they Self mega thread...

https://thehighersideforum.com/threads/know-thy-self-mega-thread-mind-body-spirit-wholeness-resources.8224/

I’ll have to dig deeper into the thread, but at surface level it’s more metaphysical than I’m talking about. That being said, there’s some darn good information in that thread, so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Posted : July 23, 2021 1:09 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

orchid20 wrote:

How did the workout go? Is it part of your C25K program, or resistance training along side of it?

Posted : July 23, 2021 1:12 PM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

Well, the "resistance training" is the extra 20 pounds I am now carrying 😀

Here's a clip of the schedule. If you can walk, you can start it. Getting out the door is most of the challenge (for me), so stepping up the workouts in mentally do-able amounts is key:

Posted : July 23, 2021 2:37 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

That seems like a nice and easy way to get going. like it. I found that if I workout right after work I have no issues with being motivated to do it. Now I also work second shift, so everyone is asleep when I get home so my responsibilities, aside from walking the dogs, is zero. That option might not be available to you.

Posted : July 23, 2021 7:08 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

orchid20 wrote:
Well, the "resistance training" is the extra 20 pounds I am now carrying 😀

Here's a clip of the schedule. If you can walk, you can start it. Getting out the door is most of the challenge (for me), so stepping up the workouts in mentally do-able amounts is key:

Did you make it through the weekend without ruining your hard work from the week?

Posted : July 26, 2021 11:28 PM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

Teratiodllama wrote:
Did you make it through the weekend without ruining your hard work from the week?

Being an old fart, my weekends are when I can actually get the miles in... I go to bed and wake up early and get out before it gets too hot. I'm on week 2 now of C25K after doubling week 1.

During the week I'll take an early lunch hour for the same reason, but I'll only get about 2 miles of jog/walking and still have time to shower since I'm hella slow.

Now benching 300 lbs is impressive. I don't even think I can leg press that any more

Posted : July 27, 2021 5:06 AM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Oh god I’m not benching 300lb. I’m putting up 190 for 3 sets of 5 reps. That’s still 20lbs less than what I weigh, so not at my goal yet.

Posted : July 27, 2021 6:18 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

And I was referencing my horrible habits. I get all my workouts during the week and eat well….. then the weekend happens and it’s all about that beer and crappy food. Hence ruining all the work I did during the week. Haha

Posted : July 27, 2021 6:20 PM
Share: