2 Users
0 Likes
erikx
(@erikx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Source:

https://putlockertv.se/watch/altered-carbon.l325n/n5738m

The series is set in a Blade Runner like atmosphere and discusses ideas like re-incarnation by technology. There is also an upper class / lower class conflict involved, which could be interpreted as techno-magicians or gods representing the upper class living above the city, in the clouds.

It plays with a slot of symbols and allusions, the following screenshots have been taken during the first episode.

[GALLERY=media, 151]Building: Male genitalia, or Notre Dame with additional center column[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 154]Goddess welcomes hero above the clouds[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 153]Goddess leads hero around, note the glass window and its colours: light floats over water like mentioned in the Bible[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 152]Atmosphere is set in blue and gold, typically for Freemasonry[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 150]Atmosphere is set in blue and gold[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 149]Atmosphere is set in blue and gold[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 148]Tree of Life with riddle / poem[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 147]Moon: what LIES next for humanity?[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 146]Argentina: possible Nazi refuge[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 145]German face of hero with super duper fighting powers[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 160]German face and Jewish face? I believe the movie depicts her as being Spanish[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 156]The Raven is an AI owned/managed hotel. Raven corresponds to Alchemy. Also: compare to Der schwarze Adler in the novel Der Steppenwolf by Hesse[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 155]Babylonian Zikurat with dancing godess Isis/Ischtar[/GALLERY]

Posted : February 4, 2018 9:53 AM
(@gunshy)
Eminent Member

It's funny, I wondered when the mainstream media was going to start latching onto cyberpunk. My prediction has been for a while that cyberpunk stories and imagery would start to replace superheroes as the next big genre craze. I might be wrong, but we'll see.

This post clearly took a lot of work on your part, and it's insightful. Go you 😀

Posted : February 13, 2018 4:44 AM
erikx
(@erikx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

gunshy wrote: My prediction has been for a while that cyberpunk stories and imagery would start to replace superheroes as the next big genre craze.

I would appreciate that. Good cyberpunk presents not only broken or dislodged personalities, but a broken story line, appearing to be cheap or flashy or overdone, but in truth being very insightful. Not sure if this is fit for mainstream consumption --- or appreciation.

Visual effect are sometimes clearly overdone, less moving and shiny lights in the background would have been better.

But all in all, someone captured what Cyberpunk is about. A dedicated person. IMHO.

Posted : February 19, 2018 8:38 PM
Share: