Clear all

Tesla's Eternal Youth Chair

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin
Topic starter

Sometimes it's fun to put random search terms into the Library of Congress' Newspaper Archive. You can find really interesting stuff. Here's one such example. Searching for "Tesla" and "Secret" before 1920 yields this article. A little piece of Tesla tech that I've personally never heard anyone talking about that I can remember:

Posted : September 25, 2017 10:15 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin
Topic starter

Another good one:

Posted : September 25, 2017 10:23 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Wow! Great dig, I haven't heard of the electrical body cleansing apparatus, but it sounds wicked!
Thanks for posting these.

Posted : September 27, 2017 8:36 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecni9SjkWoM
Here's a Ukranian docudrama about Tesla, it references his plasma sterilization (albeit in a slightly hyped CGI manner) at 16:00

Here is an article that mentions Tesla's experiments in electrotherapy:
"It is clear from Nikola Tesla's lectures and publications beginning in 1891 that he was the first to discover that radio frequency (rf) currents could be employed safely for therapeutic benefits, Tesla also suggested that rf currents could be used for other medical purposes--the sterilization of wounds, as an anesthesia, for stimulation of the skin, and to produce surgical incisions. As Patton H. McGinley, Ph.D., of the Emory Cancer Clinic has stated: History has not been kind to Tesla in the sense that the credit for all of the pioneering work in the field of electrotherapy has gone almost exclusively to d'Arsonval."
http://www.plasma-i.com/nikola-tesla.htm

Posted : September 28, 2017 3:09 AM
(@general_urko)

Fascinated by anything Tesla. Not to go off topic, but have you heard they are attempting to crowdfund rebuilding of the Wardenclyffe Tower? Seems a couple electrical engineers think they have it figured out, but need money to move forward. Did search but the Tesla Society seems mum on the subject.

Posted : October 1, 2017 1:13 AM
(@general_urko)

Btw, if Tesla did discover eternal youth, it didn't seem to work for him.
just sayin

Posted : October 1, 2017 1:15 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

It would seem to me that the author of the article was taking liberties with the invention. Disinfecting and electrical removal of dead skin is not equivalent to eternal youth. You'll note Tesla never makes any claim about youthfulness in the quotes provided, only disinfection.

Posted : October 4, 2017 12:36 AM
Share: