Clear all

Learn magic

33 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I am considering learning a little magic. See what there is to it. Any suggestions? Rune Soups lessons is the way I am leaning. Maybe another avenue?

Anyone have experience with this?
Good stuff?
Horror stories?

Posted : November 30, 2018 2:41 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Meditation
Divination - tarot - dowsing or pendulum type thing a way for the spirits to talk back
Sigils - intention -a mini contract with the spirits

ancestor + spirit alter - do offerings - based around lunar and celestial timings

And don't forget - meditation - try different ways

Try
https://josephinemccarthy.com/

and her free course
https://www.quareia.com/apprentice-module-1

Posted : November 30, 2018 3:29 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Nick, any pitfalls to watch out for? The last thing I need is to bring more grief into my life.

Posted : December 2, 2018 6:36 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

metalegs wrote: Thanks Nick, any pitfalls to watch out for? The last thing I need is to bring more grief into my life.

Don't go feet first into conjuring spirits until you've got the basics - the Quariea course is good to work through the basics before any bigger stuff. - it also makes you keep a journal which is good for review.
A jounrla and review is also good to find the best astrology forecaster - try susan miller and astrology king as well as Austin coppick

i've just listened to the Micheal greer THC episode and in his first few minutes he really nails it about - using positive phrases for sigils etc and do stuff for your own micro-cosom - things that are within your realm that just need a few nudges to help you get it.

I made a mistake recently, New moon are best for starting a new way or things and full moons for the end of things - I phrased a sigil on a full moon to be "the end of xxxx" and it didn't really work if anything it picked up the key words at the end and continued them -

At first I did sigils for answers to why i had specific ongoing problems - I got the answers but it was a lot to process and some tough love but after going through i was better for it -

depends on the depth you want to go - do you really want to call a planetary archons to take over your body just for giggles?

I highly recommend reading Tracy Twyman Genuflect book - it describes some of the high level spirit and planetary conjurations in a fictional story line - her research is as deep and accurate as your gonna get in a easy to read form

Posted : December 3, 2018 7:21 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

adapting to a magical world view - and doing low level "folk" magic - is still practicing magic you don't have to do any rituals that might leave the door open as it were to be a magician,

In olden days a magician was someone who could read without moving his lips, do basic sums in his head, draw a picture of something from his imagination, and based on probablity make a prediction of a outcome based on what was observed

I was a safety officer and a Risk assessment would be viewed as magic in olden days - if you use that chainsaw in that way you will cut your fingers off - hey presto - he cut his fingers off - therefore he's a witch - burn him !!!

Posted : December 3, 2018 7:51 AM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

nickzeptepi wrote: adapting to a magical world view - and doing low level "folk" magic - is still practicing magic you don't have to do any rituals that might leave the door open as it were to be a magician,

In olden days a magician was someone who could read without moving his lips, do basic sums in his head, draw a picture of something from his imagination, and based on probablity make a prediction of a outcome based on what was observed

I was a safety officer and a Risk assessment would be viewed as magic in olden days - if you use that chainsaw in that way you will cut your fingers off - hey presto - he cut his fingers off - therefore he's a witch - burn him !!!

I really appreciate your help on this.
Maybe its my upbringing but I am nervous about deals much less contracts with people, let alone supernatural beings!
I am going to start the Quariea course. Looks like its really thorough course.
The description of risk assessment cracks me up. I'm an over the hill fire Chief. So many scenes come to mind that play out with different endings of torches and pitchforks.

In a recent THC it was stated that the tarot was developed in the 1700s or so.
We are told the king james bible is 1600s and its a translation.
WTF?

bah! this is driving me nuts.

Posted : December 3, 2018 3:16 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

metalegs wrote: I really appreciate your help on this.
Maybe its my upbringing but I am nervous about deals much less contracts with people, let alone supernatural beings!
I am going to start the Quariea course. Looks like its really thorough course.
The description of risk assessment cracks me up. I'm an over the hill fire Chief. So many scenes come to mind that play out with different endings of torches and pitchforks.

In a recent THC it was stated that the tarot was developed in the 1700s or so.
We are told the king james bible is 1600s and its a translation.
WTF?

bah! this is driving me nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aakzGjcY

The modern version of tarot is around that date but playing cards used for divination - Chatting with the spirits - is ages old and global.

Tarot is much better at reflecting your subconscious back at you than telling the future - for example the underlying reasons why your nervous about contracts. I often refereed to it as talking with a wise grandfather or monk - he'll tell you the answer but not literally - in a way where you have to Grok it - use your intuition to glean the meaning, and that's why a tarot Journal helps - you write down your first interpretation - when you review it you may have gleaned more info and see where you can improve.

Maybe think of sigils as nudging the probability meter 5-10% in your favour - you've told the spirits what you want or desire - and if it is within probable reach and reason they can nudge it your way.

Gordon white does talk about agreements - in the ritual you tell them what you are going to offer - I will .... write a blog, paint a picture, light a cigarette on the alter for you (I've seen plenty of burnt cig butts on the daily offering alters in Thailand to know they like to smoke) put fresh flowers on the alter for 1 month - If you nudge the probability meter and find me that rare car part i need to rebuild my classic ford - Do you Grok it?
You can also demand 50% up front from them before you start the painting.

Gordon did a presentation called the archeology of dragons as part of one of his rituals, filmed it and put it on youtube.

Then the kicker is if you don't follow through on what you shook hands on - again another reason to keep a journal as a reminder -

Start low level with what your comfy with, the vast majority of people don't take it much further than folk magic (sigils, ancestor alter and divination) - and leave the big rituals to those with the time and dedication it deserves.

If you haven't tried dowsing with coat hangers do it - place bottles of water around your place and mobile phones, laptops -then think - Show me water - watch them cross over the bottles - then think - show me wifi signal and watch them cross over the electronics.

Posted : December 3, 2018 4:26 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I feel like Ive learned more in this thread than in all the reading and podcasts combined. I really appreciate your input and the links are awesome. Thank you. Maybe things are just clicking into place, but either way!
And the Robert Heinlein references are always awesome.
I'm excited to dig into this. Feels like a new adventure starting!
Dousing will be really cool to try. My buddy says his grandpa was known for it, His father could do it. He could not till his grandpa placed his hand on his shoulder.

I'm watching Whites archaeology of dragons now. (at work shhhh)

Posted : December 3, 2018 7:27 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Try this podcast for discussion by big time operative magicians who do the conjurations
https://www.glitchbottle.com/podcast-1/
for some reason that home page stops at podcast 22

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/alexander-eth/glitch-bottle
this goes to 35 the latest

Posted : December 12, 2018 9:52 AM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I added the podcast to my list.
I really appreciate the ongoing resources.
I am really digging the dowsing book. I made rods today and it blew my mind when they slowly crossed to my request to "show me a yes". I don't know how I could have possibly caused the movement. Although I'm sure I did. Wow.

Posted : December 12, 2018 10:38 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Yeah it's a rush when it works.

Have your listened to the jenxx Thai magic podcast - I lived in Thailand but didn't get that deep, the locals absolutely believe it.
I saw a queue of 8 people to get a tarot reading, in the market next to the university, hardly any tourists.

Posted : December 13, 2018 8:35 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

metalegs wrote: I added the podcast to my list.
I really appreciate the ongoing resources.
I am really digging the dowsing book. I made rods today and it blew my mind when they slowly crossed to my request to "show me a yes". I don't know how I could have possibly caused the movement. Although I'm sure I did. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H0JD9_okpo

Posted : December 15, 2018 3:44 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thank you for all your help.
Pretty big solstice coming up, along with other astrological events.
Any thoughts? Stuff I should consider? Starting new things of course.

Cheers!

Posted : December 19, 2018 11:47 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

not sure, check your astrology as to what is strong in your chart

I was wondering if xmas crackers have paper crowns in them so when the sprits turned up you look like a king and then they dont mess round with you. if you check some ritual stuff it says dress as a king to fool them.

Its the rebirth of the solar sun so direct your thanks towards that and use it to power up some long term sigils

i'm not sure of specific rituals but its the intention, heart felt as it were, that counts just as much

If the ancestors do come along and live vicariously through your body, a mini ritual to ensure they are yours and not general imposers along for the ride, then do a few things they to treat them. (thats where you have to tune in to what they might want - and it might not just be cigerettes and booze - could be paintings or a poem to tell their story)

I get the feeling the ones you encounter at xmas come back around on the summer soltice - perhaps a deal - you will do this by summer and i will do that for you - and if not then no more treats until you behave!!! - like a teaching naughty children - well you're supposed to be the boss in the material world - did you hear about how some people especially in S america they turn the deity statue to face the wall if they don't deliver on promises or are late - like the spiritual naughty step..

Thanks for the prompt its given me some ideas

Posted : December 20, 2018 1:06 AM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

The hats, its too funny how many things like that are out there. Little things that hearken back to very different history than we have been told.

I knew nothing of sigils. I watched a couple of vids and Im shocked how easy it looks. Also how ingrained in our society it still is. Buy any self help book or attend a seminar and visualization techniques are sure to be part. Looking back and reading between the lines Napoleon Hills "think and grow rich" was teaching this, if I remember it correctly. But I read that a very long time ago.

I dont know that Im ready for a full on possession! I visualize cheesy slicked back spiderman, or the Mask. Kinda sounds fun!

The thought of "Ok Quetzalcoatl thats a bad deity, you can face the wall for a week". so funny but not doubt effective.

Posted : December 20, 2018 6:10 PM
Page 1 / 3
Share: