Clear all

Challenge for flat earth

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I appreciate things the flat earthers have done in questioning reality. Why are ancient structures still aligned for example.
However.
To put this to bed I suggest someone with access to a telescope and a beach visualize another continent across the ocean. Florida to Australia or Africa. California to Asia or Australia. Or dealers choice, what can you actually see? All of Antarctica?

Pics or it didn't happen!

Posted : December 14, 2017 2:55 AM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Posted : December 21, 2017 9:36 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

<iframe src=" https://giphy.com/embed/l0HlTNe3TwfkMHlw4"  width="480" height="267" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href=" https://giphy.com/gifs/snl-saturday-night-live-special-l0HlTNe3TwfkMHlw4">via  GIPHY</a></p>

Posted : December 21, 2017 9:38 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Taken from my patio in Spokane!:cool:

Posted : December 21, 2017 10:04 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Taken from my back patio in Spokane!

Posted : December 21, 2017 10:05 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Got this from my telescope here in WA state! What more proof do you need?

Posted : December 21, 2017 10:27 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

How about this? I got it from my back patio 😀

Posted : December 23, 2017 8:46 AM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Posted : December 23, 2017 8:56 AM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

I climbed a tree in my backyard and got this!:D

Posted : December 24, 2017 8:21 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Snapped this from my back yard! 😎

Posted : December 26, 2017 7:45 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

Took this from my backyard in Spokane 😎

Posted : January 18, 2018 5:50 PM
(@naphtha)
Trusted Member

Haha. Nice lens on that. Yeah, why not go to Hawaii. Go up a little on the volcanic mountain and set up a telescope. If that works, I would assume all of the observatories are in truth used to spy on other nations? They are remarkably unimpressive. Are there more mountain ranges to the south of the observatory in Arizona? Anything obstructing line of site? If it's on the south slope, is it used to spy on Mexico? I really really don't believe what I just wrote, but it's a fun idea to entertain.

Posted : January 19, 2018 8:36 PM
jpb322
(@jpb322)
Eminent Member

naphtha wrote: Haha. Nice lens on that. Yeah, why not go to Hawaii. Go up a little on the volcanic mountain and set up a telescope. If that works, I would assume all of the observatories are in truth used to spy on other nations? They are remarkably unimpressive. Are there more mountain ranges to the south of the observatory in Arizona? Anything obstructing line of site? If it's on the south slope, is it used to spy on Mexico? I really really don't believe what I just wrote, but it's a fun idea to entertain.

While I will entertain most episodes involving the FET (flat earth theory), it really bothers me when they rail on science. Yeah sure scientists can lie, especially when they have a certain agenda they want to push, but the language of science is math. Math does not lie. Having taken differential equations, linear algebra, and the calculus series, each idea is meticulously proven and then the ideas build off of each other. That way, when you take a physics class or whatever, it would be very difficult to hide something like a flat earth from so many people.

Posted : January 19, 2018 8:45 PM
(@naphtha)
Trusted Member

Oh I agree. I was going way far out on a limb, but I will entertain anything. I'd just like to see the proof of either side.
Since this thing kicked off, we learned in nearly every ISS feed they do, when they are working on it, outside in space, you see those floating orbs or spaceships or whatever people call it. Rotate the video, flip it to a negative and it's clear they are bubbles. Is it flat? Idk, but I want to know wtf they are doing with the billions if they are in a pool. The Mars Rover. If they didn't spend billions going to Mars, what did they do with it? What cleaned the solar panels on the Mars Rover? Why are there sticks and a lynx under a rock in the official NASA photos of Mars. They trained in Greenland, I think they just passed off those photos. That's what I'm curious about. I think 50 years ago, they realized that it's an electric universe. No rocks to land on, just balls of plasma. Electric universe or a FE, NASA still would have to fake it on either model. I go with electric. I enjoy the debate though, and I'll play an advocate to either side, and listen to both. If I don't understand somebody's position, I can't truly evaluate it.

Posted : January 19, 2018 9:05 PM
Share: